Transfer extra

CJGJ

The Tynecastle club, meanwhile, are in the final stages of discussions with at least three clubs regarding the possible transfer of two of their top stars and look set to rake in ?4.5million this month as a result, with both Christophe Berra and Andrew Driver linked with moves away from Hearts.

Scouts have been present at a number of games this season and the Evening News understands that representatives of Hearts have this week been locked in talks with clubs from both the English Premier League and Europe.

Hearts have previously stated that they will only sell their top players if it is in the interest of the club but, if discussions do progress, the Tynecastle club could be in line for a financial windfall of an estimated ?4.5 million from two separate deals. It is believed that Hearts are looking to bring in a minimum of ?5 million during the current transfer window as that amount would be sufficient to put the club on a safe financial footing.

A number of Hearts players, including club captain Berra, winger Driver, midfielder Larry Kingston, central defender Marius Zaliukas and midfielder Christos Karipidis have attracted the attention of scouts from England, Spain and Russia in recent weeks.

The club declined to comment on the players or clubs involved but a spokesperson confirmed that "discussions are in progress", and added today: "We are in discussions to establish final terms of a possible deal and while we aim to achieve the maximum financial benefit with clubs regarding certain players, it is no more than that at this stage."

While Hearts have a significant debt, parent company UBIG has written off significant chunks of debt in the past and the Evening News understands that the club has plans to further minimise existing debt.

A club source said that the current debt is not a threat to the business and does not represent a burden for the club given the longer term plans of the club and parent company to minimise existing debt levels.

The Tynecastle club, meanwhile, are in the final stages of discussions with at least three clubs regarding the possible transfer of two of their top stars and look set to rake in ?4.5million this month as a result, with both Christophe Berra and Andrew Driver linked with moves away from Hearts.

Scouts have been present at a number of games this season and the Evening News understands that representatives of Hearts have this week been locked in talks with clubs from both the English Premier League and Europe.

Hearts have previously stated that they will only sell their top players if it is in the interest of the club but, if discussions do progress, the Tynecastle club could be in line for a financial windfall of an estimated ?4.5 million from two separate deals. It is believed that Hearts are looking to bring in a minimum of ?5 million during the current transfer window as that amount would be sufficient to put the club on a safe financial footing.

A number of Hearts players, including club captain Berra, winger Driver, midfielder Larry Kingston, central defender Marius Zaliukas and midfielder Christos Karipidis have attracted the attention of scouts from England, Spain and Russia in recent weeks.

The club declined to comment on the players or clubs involved but a spokesperson confirmed that "discussions are in progress", and added today: "We are in discussions to establish final terms of a possible deal and while we aim to achieve the maximum financial benefit with clubs regarding certain players, it is no more than that at this stage."

While Hearts have a significant debt, parent company UBIG has written off significant chunks of debt in the past and the Evening News understands that the club has plans to further minimise existing debt.

A club source said that the current debt is not a threat to the business and does not represent a burden for the club given the longer term plans of the club and parent company to minimise existing debt levels.

Where is that taken from?

'While Hearts have a significant debt, parent company UBIG has written off significant chunks of debt in the past and the Evening News understands that the club has plans to further minimise existing debt. '

I read the above as there are other plans on top of selling some players to further minimise the existing debt.:)

Guest JamboRobbo
'While Hearts have a significant debt, parent company UBIG has written off significant chunks of debt in the past and the Evening News understands that the club has plans to further minimise existing debt. '

I read the above as there are other plans on top of selling some players to further minimise the existing debt.:)

was it the line that says "the club has plans to further minimise the existing debt" that gave it away?

Lets hope it can all work out for the best (minimise long term debt, whilst holding on to our younger better assets, and selling the likes of Kingston)

Kingston and Berra is my bet.

If it has to be anyone please let it be Kingston and Zaliukas.

We'd get decent money for Kingston and wouldn't really miss him.

Berra leaving would be a great shame at this moment in time. He is our captain and growing in stature every day. Our defense is solid because of him and he'd be worth more in the summer. Given that he is pivotal to our team at present it would be quite an upheaval.

Kingston's a shoe-in.

Think Zal is the other.

Brown's metion of Driver and Berra in the article is impish scare-mongering.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right but fear you are wrong.

The clear message from the article is that we need to bring in ?5m in this window just to stabilise.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if we saw Driver, Kingston, Berra and possibly Zaliukas all leaving. I would be surprised in addition if we spent any money on any player this window.

And to be honest, we need to do this for the long-term health of our club. We cannot continue down the path we have been treading for the last few years and we will have a few years of austerity in front of us I am afraid before it starts to get better.

Sorry to sould like a gloom merchant but I fear that that is the reality.

GC

Kingston's a shoe-in.

Think Zal is the other.

Brown's metion of Driver and Berra in the article is impish scare-mongering.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right but fear you are wrong.

The clear message from the article is that we need to bring in ?5m in this window just to stabilise.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if we saw Driver' date=' Kingston, Berra and possibly Zaliukas[/b'] all leaving. I would be surprised in addition if we spent any money on any player this window.

And to be honest, we need to do this for the long-term health of our club. We cannot continue down the path we have been treading for the last few years and we will have a few years of austerity in front of us I am afraid before it starts to get better.

Sorry to sould like a gloom merchant but I fear that that is the reality.

GC

I think we would expect a bit more than ?5million if we sold those 4. I expect 5 million just for Kingston (?3million) & Zailukas (?2million).

Just my opinion.

See right now I wish we would just get rid of the players we are getting rid off and get on with it.

This whole he is staying he is going is getting right on my nerves.

After these players leave there will still be a heart of midlothian football club for us to support.

Rant over

ArmiyaRomanova

GC

"it is believed".

Idle journalistic speculation, hardly a 'clear message'

He has placed them there despite having no idea if they are linked or not - Juho Makela and Anthony Basso have been linked with moves away too.

Not really. "Would be sufficient to put the club on a safe financial footing" and "A club source said that the current debt is not a threat to the business" suggest nothing of the sort.

The rest of your post, fair dos....you want to fear everyone's going and no-one's coming in, despite interviews to the contrary that there will not be a mass clear out and that Csaba has players lined up to replace out-goers.

Agree that getting in big transfers is for the long term good - if we have a cover and we don't go OTT with getting rid of tonnes of players at the same time.

Yep agree that its hardly quality journalism and I wasnt really making a point about whether he's making it up as he goes along or not. I just fear that that will happen anyway.

As to "stabilising", depends what you mean by "stablising" and whether that is the same as "safe financial footing" and not being a threat to the club. My point is that the article refers to a minimum of ?5m being raised to put the club on a safe financial footing. One way of reading that is to say that if we raised less than ?5m we wouldnt be on such a footing. I dont believe for a second there is a threat to the club but we do have significant cash flow problems which it seems it will take ?5m to solve.

I just fear that we are in for an unhappy transfer window. Anyway, we'll soon see what happens. I certainly am not yet at the stage where I believe assurances given by the Club even if they come from Csaba. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

GC

"it is believed".

Idle journalistic speculation, hardly a 'clear message'

Fair enough - the "clear message" was my phrase.

Perhaps its the clear message which emerges from the idle speculation.

Club spokesman is widely quoted in the piece though ...

:tongue:

GC

ubig looking at ways to further minimise debts was something mentioned by (the name escapes me...fedatovas???)in an interview on hearts world and wasnt just player sales iirc.

I bet it really noises up Hibbies who said that after we sold Gordon, Hartley & Bednar that we had no more valuable players left to sell....

Then you read about the figures quoted for some of our players (and Obua...):

Berra ?2.5m

Driver ?2.0m

Zaliukas ?2.0m

Kingston ?2.0m

Obua ?1.0m

Get it right up ye's hoofmeisters.

Johnny Sandiego

This article doesn't really confirm anything, other than the club are in talks with another club about a possible transfer. The Evening News have pressumed that it's Berra and Driver but have no evidence to base this on. The comment about needing ?5m to stabalise is also a guess by the sounds of it.

Hopefully things will start to become clearer next week as the suspence of who's going and who's staying is driving me mad!

I think we would expect a bit more than ?5million if we sold those 4. I expect 5 million just for Kingston (?3million) & Zailukas (?2million).

Just my opinion.

Even if you're right re ?2m for Zal we would not benefit directly - he is on loan from Kaunus.

Guest JamboRobbo

Even if you're right re ?2m for Zal we would not benefit directly - he is on loan from Kaunus.

Which, if that is how it works, and HMFC don't benefit directly or at least indirectly, is one of the many problems with allowing Kaunus use of our shop window.

I don't think Berra will leave, I've said it before and im sticking to that.

We all know Vlad is good at maximising and getting full value for players IMO Vlad will be looking for 4million+ just for Berra, Club captain, length of contract left, age, Scotland International (Albeit a sub appearance). If theres a potential offer for Zal from that Russian team of 2million then it is not impossible for Vlad to expect 4million for Berra or for us to expect that for that matter.

Which' date=' if that is how it works, and HMFC don't benefit directly or at least indirectly, is one of the many problems with allowing Kaunus use of our shop window.[/quote']

yes but there are benefits too.

we have had the use of quite a few decent kaunas owned players over the years and we pay them utter peanuts compared to what we would have to pay other players. velicka, miko, cesny and zaliukas to name a few.

Guest JamboRobbo

we have had the use of quite a few decent kaunas owned players over the years and we pay them utter peanuts compared to what we would have to pay other players.

sounds like pure speculation.

velicka, miko, cesny and zaliukas to name a few.

thats not "a few" of the decent ones - thats them all. and thats only if you're being generous.

The amount of pish we've had over is a lot greater than 4.

yes but there are benefits too.

we have had the use of quite a few decent kaunas owned players over the years and we pay them utter peanuts compared to what we would have to pay other players. velicka' date=' miko, cesny and zaliukas to name a few.[/quote']

Sorry m8 but cant think of any others we have had from Kaunas you could call decent. In 4 years we've had only 4 players that you could say are decent, i use that term loosely as well

well it works both ways i'm afraid. bednar and goncalves went out on loan and we have/will see the benefit of transfer fees for them. we can't bleat about not seeing money for velicka and zaliukas because these were never our players.

yes we have had some right wallopers from kaunas but we have had a few success stories too.

it's all part of the package guys.

Guest JamboRobbo
well it works both ways i'm afraid. bednar and goncalves went out on loan and we have/will see the benefit of transfer fees for them. we can't bleat about not seeing money for velicka and zaliukas because these were never our players.

yes we have had some right wallopers from kaunas but we have had a few success stories too.

Not arguing it's part of the package.

Just pointing out that there are quite a few downsides to the package:-

1. all the imposters we get sent over

2. having to give them space in OUR shop window, to the detriment of our chances of winning games

3. the upset it causes to the REAL football players in our squad

4. only for Kaunus to get the profit

with minimal upsides:-

1. we occasionally get a player who isn't a liabiliity

2. that player MIGHT be costing us less in wages, although unexplained 3.85M payment suggests he might well not

What success stories though have we really had?

Velicka was a good player - Loanee sold for 1milion That money has probably went to Kaunas - Thats not a Hearts success story m8 it's a Kaunas one, had Velicka never played for us and remained at Kaunas theres not a chance in hell would they hav got 1million

Zali - If he is sold for the reported 2million, again is a Kaunas success story, He's on loan to us we probably wont see a penny of that.

Sorry but like on the thread yesterday about the pyramid system, It would have been a good idea had it been managed effectively and Hearts benefitted from it. We havent really benefitted from any Kaunas players coming to us.

Not arguing it's part of the package.

Just pointing out that there are quite a few downsides to the package:-

1. all the imposters we get sent over

2. having to give them space in OUR shop window, to the detriment of our chances of winning games

3. the upset it causes to the REAL football players in our squad

4. only for Kaunus to get the profit

with minimal upsides:-

1. we occasionally get a player who isn't a liabiliity

2. that player MIGHT be costing us less in wages, although unexplained 3.85M payment suggests he might well not

indeed, there are pros and cons.

one major pro was tynecastle (the saving of).

another was 2005/2006.

you could argue another is the ?12M debt/equity transfer.

possibly another could be the 'security' of owing our debt to our parent group in effect.

What success stories though have we really had?

Velicka was a good player - Loanee sold for 1milion That money has probably went to Kaunas - Thats not a Hearts success story m8 it's a Kaunas one, had Velicka never played for us and remained at Kaunas theres not a chance in hell would they hav got 1million

Zali - If he is sold for the reported 2million, again is a Kaunas success story, He's on loan to us we probably wont see a penny of that.

Sorry but like on the thread yesterday about the pyramid system, It would have been a good idea had it been managed effectively and Hearts benefitted from it. We havent really benefitted from any Kaunas players coming to us.

it's true it's not all been good mate. can't deny that.

hopefully better management is ahead.

Which' date=' if that is how it works, and HMFC don't benefit directly or at least indirectly, is one of the many problems with allowing Kaunus use of our shop window.[/quote']

Stalking me again.

You have successfully managed to take this topic away off course again from its theme of transfer fees to the benefits/disadvantages of VR using us as a shop window. Well done.

Yesterday you said you would ask another poster and myself before you posted and I doubt if he gave you permission to peddle more of your anti-Vlad drivel on each and every topic. Like your season ticket you have promised one thing and done another. You're no more reliable than you accuse Vlad of being.

Tynecastle Valhalla

i seem to remember hearing that zal had signed for hearts a while back.

could be wrong though.

very unlikely to get ?5mil for him and kingston but bring it on if possible. both could be replaced.

Guest JamboRobbo

Stalking me again.

Nope, I didn't mention a single thing about you. I commented on HMFC as usual.

You have successfully managed to take this topic away off course again from its theme of transfer fees to the benefits/disadvantages of VR using us as a shop window. Well done.

Apologies for not following the agenda you wanted the thread to follow.

Yesterday you said you would ask another poster and myself before you posted and I doubt if he gave you permission to peddle more of your anti-Vlad drivel on each and every topic. Like your season ticket you have promised one thing and done another. You're no more reliable than you accuse Vlad of being.

I should've explained I was being facetious when I said I would run all posts by you. I didn't expect you to take it literally.

Apologies for any confusion I caused you.

i seem to remember hearing that zal had signed for hearts a while back.

could be wrong though.

very unlikely to get ?5mil for him and kingston but bring it on if possible. both could be replaced.

We checked the Hearts site a few weeks back when the first report of him maybe going to some Russian club for 2million was reported and there is nothing saying he is a Hearts player the only piece we found was his loan arrival. He is listed as a loan player im afraid not a Hearts player.

The fact the article mentions we are in talks with European clubs then I would fathom a guess that one of the players leaving is either Zal or Kingston or possibly both.

To be honest am not too fussed who goes as i have complete faith in Csaba to replace them. And the fact that Bruno Will hopefully sign a new deal over the weekend i beleive means we will keep our most influential player. Cesnauskis and Mikoliunas will probably take the wide positions and the ever reliable Eggert will effortlessly slot into Berra,s Position. We will still be a decent side with a few additions a new contract for Aguiar and 5 million banked. Good deal all round i say????????????

On balance I think the sale of Kingston and Zaliukas would actually mean our team would improve

Unbelievable to think that if ?4m is pulled in for them but I stand by it.

I personally think it is Kingston and Berra being spoken about though, and I shudder to think of Zaliukas as the most experienced centreback in the team.

What kind of father figure is he going to be? An absent father I'd say...

More ****-stirring.

CSABA LASZLO will plead with Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov to knock back big-money bids for his star players but admitted today that the Lithuanian banker may be faced with offers that he simply cannot refuse.

Christophe Berra and Andrew Driver are believed to have been the subject of inquiries from clubs in the English Premiership and Europe this week, with the Tynecastle side set to cash in to the tune of ?4.5million if their transfers go ahead.

More ****-stirring.

CSABA LASZLO will plead with Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov to knock back big-money bids for his star players but admitted today that the Lithuanian banker may be faced with offers that he simply cannot refuse.

Christophe Berra and Andrew Driver are believed to have been the subject of inquiries from clubs in the English Premiership and Europe this week, with the Tynecastle side set to cash in to the tune of ?4.5million if their transfers go ahead.

PLEAD

Arf arf

More ****-stirring.

Where's that from ?

The ****** ?

Where's that from ?

The ****** ?

The EEN. The paper that said 'players such as Berra and Driver have had interest in them' has now decided it's them who's leaving in a day, with no new info.

The EEN. The paper that said 'players such as Berra and Driver have had interest in them' has now decided it's them who's leaving in a day, with no new info.

Must be true if Ginger Barry wrote it then :rolleyes:

hartyfaeclery

Just my opinion.

in my opinion u r bonkers

Charlie-Brown

However Driver and Berra are the most sellable with the most reported interest in them - I think we have to brace ourselves that it is likely that one or both could well be sold as there seems to be be much more definite interest from English clubs for them.

Archived