Unexpected feeling about the transfer window...

loveofthegame

loveofthegame

Strangely for once I am actually egging on Hearts to sell a player, signing on here every morning and hoping I see a thread telling me that a bid has come in for 1 of our players- and that player is Larry Kingston.

I never expected this and usually dread transfer windows but I just feel that selling Kingston would generate much needed cash to tie up a few current players on new contracts, keep The Balogh and sign Porter and perhaps bring in another new face or 2.

It is clear the club doesn't have much money at the moment, and it appears certain that player(s) will have to be sold to generate cash for any incoming transfers. I'd personally just like to see Kingston sold and boxed off asap so Csaba can get on with it.

I too would like to see Kingston go, but to be honest I would be happy to see any of our players go if it was for decent money, that includes Berra, Driver, Eggy etc. I think some of the fees quoted on kickback for these players are somewhat ambitious. Asking for ?2 million for Kingston in the summer would have been about right but I think the credit crunch has effected all but a few very rich clubs. The same goes for the fees being quoted for Berra, Driver etc. I can't see any club paying those fees for those players in the current financial crisis.

The other thing I always look for is us getting shot of some of our squad players and youth players not making the grade Makela etc. I would love to see us trim 7 to 8 players off the squad but it's not easy and unlikely to happen. Trying to find a club who will take on our flops and their wages is unlikely.

Going back to Kingston, why would any club pay ?2 million for him given his performances and attitude this season?

Agree with the posts above.

I also think that the credit crunch can work in our favour as the SPL clubs of which we are rumoured to be tracking players may be tempted to cash in rather than seeing players leave for nothing at the end of contracts.

Jamboscanbevicius

It is a strage feeling but, as you say, it appears clear that we need to bring in some cash during the window and there are a few bargains around and contracts running down that would strengthen us much more than keeping one player.

I would be happy to see Kingston and Zaliukas go as I think both have peaked in terms of their ability and value. If we can hold onto Berra and Driver I think their values will rise again.

And there is lots to do in terms of squad trimming. Ksanavicius is gone already and Mole out on loan, but it would be good to get shot of Basso, Makela, Tullberg (unless he's suddenly fit), and maybe a few other fringe guys like Chesny and Elliot!

Jamboscanbevicius

It would also be good to get Neilson, Aguiar, McDonald and Karipidis on new 2-3 year contracts as they are all assets (both playing wise and in terms of selling them on in the future).

Ally Alexander

While Kingston would be the best option but good possibility that he will stay as no club will pay Hearts' valuation. May make him realise that if he wants to move to the EPL or La Liga then he has to work harder.

Hearts are not yet in a position to manage the moving on of Berra and Driver. McGowan and Rapnik need to be given game time so that Berra can move on in the summer. Zaliukas would be the better canididate to move is he not on loan?

Driver needs at least a year to improve his distribution and decision making before he reaches his optimum value.

Archived