108 on 606 at 43:19

Gav Aitchison

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Don't want to blow York Hearts' trumpet too much (ok, I do then) but the clock ticking over to 108 got a nice wee mention at the very tail end of 606 on Sunday. For those who can be bothered, fast forward to about 43mins 15 seconds on the link below:

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/fivelive/606/606_20090111-1859a.mp3

Which York boozer do York Hearts drink in these days?

Well done Gav and the York boys.

On a similar note, did anyone hear Nicky Campbell talking about Kaka this morning on Breakfast on 5 Live. Saying that it was morally indefensible etc etc and then said "Would be different if he was signing for Heart of Midlothian Football Club mind you".

Good wee name check - pity its so far from the truth

GC

Nelly Terraces

Haha, well done lads, good effort, great mention of :108years:. Always worth getting on 606, a mate I used to work with in London heard it, and it gave him a chuckle. Shows it get the Hearts name mentioned.

Happy days.:D

EDIT:

Well done Gav and the York boys.

On a similar note, did anyone hear Nicky Campbell talking about Kaka this morning on Breakfast on 5 Live. Saying that it was morally indefensible etc etc and then said "Would be different if he was signing for Heart of Midlothian Football Club mind you".

Good wee name check - pity its so far from the truth

GC

They did an appeal for people to send in old used replica tops on Radio 5 once Gaz, Nicky Campbell was in Edinburgh and HEARTS and some other team whose name escapes me donated a teams worth of tops each.

He interviewed some hobo about it and said something like "Yes, nice colours that, green and white.... hmmm, what does that rhyme with, begins with Sh?...." Almost spat out my conflakes - top man. Nicky Campbell's a bit of a knob, least he's an Edinburgh boy, and Hearts fan.

Which York boozer do York Hearts drink in these days?

The White Horse on Bootham, unless Gav's moved it (I haven't been able to go in a while!)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
The White Horse on Bootham, unless Gav's moved it (I haven't been able to go in a while!)

I wandered in there with a pal of mine last Sunday before kick-off but I assume York Hearts must all have had tickets for Fester Road. Ended up in O'Neills which took the **** by having a pick of George Best in a Hibs kit behind the bar and refusing to put the cup game on the big screen.

GIRUY O'Neills

Guess The Crowd

They did an appeal for people to send in old used replica tops on Radio 5 once Gaz, Nicky Campbell was in Edinburgh and HEARTS and some other team whose name escapes me donated a teams worth of tops each.

He interviewed some hobo about it and said something like "Yes, nice colours that, green and white.... hmmm, what does that rhyme with, begins with Sh?...." Almost spat out my conflakes - top man. Nicky Campbell's a bit of a knob, least he's an Edinburgh boy, and Hearts fan.

I quite like Nicky Campbell.

When he was Radio Northsound's morning DJ 25 years ago, I remember him singing on air an amusing wee Hearts ditty to the tune of 'Seasons in the Sun' - something about having 'the Hi-bees on the run'. Anyone remember the original ditty (from the seventies obviously?)

Commander Harris

we had joy we had fun we had hibees on the run

but the fun didn't last, because the *******s ran too fast.

Sexton Hardcastle

We had joy we had fun we had hibbys on the run

We threw sticks we threw stones till we broke the barstewards bones

Summin along those lines?

Guess The Crowd
we had joy we had fun we had hibees on the run

but the fun didn't last, because the *******s ran too fast.

That's the one:)

We had joy we had fun we had hibbys on the run

We threw sticks we threw stones till we broke the barstewards bones

Summin along those lines?

Best out of the two. Doesn't give them any credit.

Gav Aitchison
I wandered in there with a pal of mine last Sunday before kick-off but I assume York Hearts must all have had tickets for Fester Road. Ended up in O'Neills which took the **** by having a pick of George Best in a Hibs kit behind the bar and refusing to put the cup game on the big screen.

GIRUY O'Neills

Yeah, the White Horse is still our main base - there are a couple of Hearts pictures on the wall (soon to be joined by a 1976 Scottish Cup Final shirt too!). A lot of our guys had tickets, but apparently a few were in there last Sunday too. Sorry you missed them. You'll never go wrong there in a Hearts shirt - the pub sponsors our six-a-side team too, and the staff know to look out for anyone in maroon!

are you getting the shirt from Roy kay . I got Roy his tickets for the 3 cup finals in the 90' s . Was the calmist man in parkhead that day . His daughter drove up from York that night in the said top . Got my photo taking with the top on .

Gav Aitchison

Yeah, it's Roy's shirt. He's our honorary president, and he donated it to the auction at our St Andrew's Night bash back in November. The pub landlord won it, so he can frame it and put it up behind the bar.

Archived