Driver For Sale

Rust Cohle

On the back page on today's (friday) Daily ******.

"Hearts last night made the first move to offload Andrew Driver during the transfer window - a decision that will alert the Old Firm.

"Record Sport understands the Tynecastle club have made several agents aware of the 21 years old's availability - and they are circulating this information around clubs north and south of the border.

"Hearts would hope to rake in a fee of around ?2 million for the winger and use it to finance the capture of Motherwell striker Chris Porter."

Link isn't on their site yet so that's what the article says word for word.

I hope to god this is not true and just another piece of shoddy journalism.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant see it but I would be more than happy to lose one player just now if we were to sign Porter and Black and a couple of others.

ah feck. hope it isnt true.

but if it is i would want 2mil upfront,then plenty of add on's if he does well(aswell as a hefty sell on clause)

Why would we circulate clubs north of the border ? -- Rangers haven't got a bean so the only possible buyer is Celtic and they have Judas and others in that position.

Why would we circulate clubs north of the border ? -- Rangers haven't got a bean so the only possible buyer is Celtic and they have Judas and others in that position.

Think its standard practice for the weegia to claim the bigot brothers are after all of the country's hottest talent, keeps the knuckledragging fans on side.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Think its standard practice for the weegia to claim the bigot brothers are after all of the country's hottest talent, keeps the knuckledragging fans on side.

Indeed. I am laughing at the idea that the stickies are in a position to bid for Andy Driver. :laugh:

Dr Ian Malcolm

Considering he was in the EEN himself the other night saying he's staying put for now, this reeks of pish.

One week there's 20 scouts up watching him, the next we're having to out him round? make up your minds.

Driver has always said he his happy to stay and the Management would have to offload him, which is what the story is suggesting. I don't understand the North and South of the border bit as I would think its only an English Club that could afford him.

Hopefully the story is Cr@p.

Unless there is new capital or new funding facilities being made available then surely we should expect Hearts to be trying to sell players?:mad:

FWIW his agent was on Real Radio on Monday night and said that Hearts have not instructed him to find a buyer.

But if the Daily Record says it it must be true :rolleyes:

i was pishing myself when i saw the record. sure to alert the OF????? rangers couldn't afford a screwdriver let alone andy driver.

anything to deflect attention away from the real fire sale, innit?

The thing is if we were to sell him now for ?2mill we would lose out. If we hold out for 6 months and he gets an U21 cap for england his value would jump up to ?3-4mill. England have very few left sided wingers, one of the reasons Ashley Young (although very talented) went for ?12ish million.

?2mill goes back to the days of the pieman under valueing our players and selling them before we can get full value for them.

The thing is if we were to sell him now for ?2mill we would lose out. If we hold out for 6 months and he gets an U21 cap for england his value would jump up to ?3-4mill. England have very few left sided wingers, one of the reasons Ashley Young (although very talented) went for ?12ish million.

?2mill goes back to the days of the pieman under valueing our players and selling them before we can get full value for them.

i would be astonished if vlad accepted ?2M for driver, and a tad concerned about the urgency to sell. i would imagine the asking price will be nothing less of ?3M.

DAILY ****** IN NEGATIVE STORY ON A FRIDAY ABOUT HEARTS SHOCKER

Anything rather than write about the state of the Teddy Bears

Yawn!

Its in the EEN aswell, 9 o'clock breifing :(

Mabe if we sell driver, we could keep bera?

aswell we have black coming, hopfuly this month.

The People's Chimp

It would appear to be typical weegie pesh to appease the old squirm fans, especially those in govan who have been claiming for weeks now that they're going to sign both Brown Trout and Driver.

I couldn't disagree more.

I doubt Berra's value will go up any further than it is right now but Driver's value will be at its best a couple of years from now.

Keep Driver, Wallace and Jonsson. Punt Berra.

Drylaw Hearts
I doubt Berra's value will go up any further than it is right now but Driver's value will be at its best a couple of years from now.

Keep Driver, Wallace and Jonsson. Punt Berra.

What is Berra's 'value' ?

Drylaw Hearts
Aye good one, punt Berra with NO suitable replacement, he holds the defence together, punt him and we will slump defo.

Agreed.

What is Berra's 'value' ?

Whatever anyone is willing to pay.

Driver will be worth more to the club in a couple of years time, as will Jonsson and Wallace. I can't see Berra's price going any higher. Get him punted.

Drylaw Hearts
Whatever anyone is willing to pay.

Driver will be worth more to the club in a couple of years time, as will Jonsson and Wallace. I can't see Berra's price going any higher. Get him punted.

?

Bizarre.

marshallschunkychicken
Its in the EEN aswell, 9 o'clock breifing :(

Mabe if we sell driver, we could keep bera?

aswell we have black coming, hopfuly this month.

The 9AM Briefing is a rehashed version of what they read in the other papers. This will just be reporting what the record is saying.

He's already said he doesn't want to leave, so no story so move along. Besides which of the retards @ the record plucked this story out of the air?

berra is the more important player whether his market value increases or not. don't see any particular reason why his value shouldn't rise, once he becomes a scotland regular he will continue to improve.

He's already said he doesn't want to leave, so no story so move along. Besides which of the retards @ the record plucked this story out of the air?

And Berra feels he is ready to make the step up. He is making all the right noises and he has got himself a new agent. It is time.

?

Bizarre.

I can sort of see where he is coming from.

In terms of maximising any potential transfer fee, I'd agree with IMA that Berra is closer to the finished article than Driver is. I think we'd agree that whilst Driver has improved and is a prospect, he still has a lot to improve on, his decision making, final ball and finishing being examples.

I think we could demand 3million for Berra just now, I don't think after another season or two we'd be able to get much more.

If 2million is being quoted for Driver now, depending on how he develops, what could we demand in a season or two when all the things listed above are stepped up a notch? I accept that there may not be any improvement but in Csaba I feel we have a man who is capable of doing just that.

Of course it's a risk, what isn't in football.

I would agree with you however that selling Berra now as opposed to Driver would weaken the team more in the immediate future.

All IMO obviously.

Charlie-Brown

It depends what if any offers Hearts receive for our players and how much we need the money whether one, some or none at all get sold.

Drylaw Hearts
I can sort of see where he is coming from.

In terms of maximising any potential transfer fee, I'd agree with IMA that Berra is closer to the finished article than Driver is. I think we'd agree that whilst Driver has improved and is a prospect, he still has a lot to improve on, his decision making, final ball and finishing being examples.

I think we could demand 3million for Berra just now, I don't think after another season or two we'd be able to get much more.

If 2million is being quoted for Driver now, depending on how he develops, what could we demand in a season or two when all the things listed above are stepped up a notch? I accept that there may not be any improvement but in Csaba I feel we have a man who is capable of doing just that.

Of course it's a risk, what isn't in football.

I would agree with you however that selling Berra now as opposed to Driver would weaken the team more in the immediate future.

All IMO obviously.

Imo JF......

We'll get far more for Berra than we ever will Driver.

Berra is far more likely to be an EPL player than Driver for the reasons you pointed out above.

Drylaw Hearts
It depends what if any offers Hearts receive for our players and how much we need the money whether one, some or none at all get sold.

Everyday's a school day.

:)

PresidentRomanov

If anyone offered ?2million for Driver, Hearts would be crazy to turn it down.

One of the most overated players in Scotland at the moment IMO.

Berra is the most important player we have just now, and the last one I'd want to lose.

Drylaw Hearts
If anyone offered ?2million for Driver, Hearts would be crazy to turn it down.

One of the most overated players in Scotland at the moment IMO.

Berra is the most important player we have just now, and the last one I'd want to lose.

Agreed.

Drylaw Hearts
the ironic bit is, you are both wrong. :tongue:;)

hehe.

C'mon guys.......

Driver is never a ?2million player.

Guest JamboRobbo
C'mon guys.......

Driver is never a ?2million player.

And Kaka is never a 100M player.

Just a personal opinion. Driver has talent, and seems to want to work hard and improve too. A great combination.

I think he's going to get better and better, and prices will get crazier and crazier.

FWIW his agent was on Real Radio on Monday night and said that Hearts have not instructed him to find a buyer.

i can definately smell sh..e

Francis Albert

One week there's 20 scouts up watching him, the next we're having to out him round? make up your minds.

If there is any truth in the story it suggests that there hasn't been much interest in him and/or if we can wait until half way through the window before "taking the first steps" to "offload" him our cash crisis can't be quite as severe as we thought.

On the back page on today's (friday) Daily ******.

"Hearts last night made the first move to offload Andrew Driver during the transfer window - a decision that will alert the Old Firm.

"Record Sport understands the Tynecastle club have made several agents aware of the 21 years old's availability - and they are circulating this information around clubs north and south of the border.

"Hearts would hope to rake in a fee of around ?2 million for the winger and use it to finance the capture of Motherwell striker Chris Porter."

Link isn't on their site yet so that's what the article says word for word.

I hope to god this is not true and just another piece of shoddy journalism.

The filthy weedgie media sluts are just writing what we already know.

Every player at Hearts has their price, but while we all want rid off Kingston, Obua, Makela, Basso, Mroweic etc etc... the reality is that Driver, Berra, Wallace and Jonsson are the most saleable assets... so if silly money is offered we will sell.

At the end of the day... the squad has to be trimmed, i'd rather it was the pesh that never play, but more than likely it'll be one of our star performers.

As long as they don't go to either of the ugly sisters... i can live with that.... just.:(

Archived