a really boring transfer window thus far...

Ray Gunn

i useally love the january transfer window,the gossip and banter is great and its great to turn on SSN and see the latest scoop. but is anyone with me that its been pretty uneventful apart from manchester city's trying to take over the world. i dont follow an english team so iam a neutral that just likes to watch the BPL,but its been rather dull imo. mind you its probally down to the credit crunch.

also on our front there has been a hell of alot of talk of moves but still bugger all has happend,i wouldnt be surprised now if we dont sell anyone.

That's the problem.

No one has much cash just now so all the talk about emptying out all the wasters and no-hopers was wishfull thinking.

It will go down to the wire and most significant deals will be done over the last couple of days when clubs begin to blink first.

FWIW I don't see Hearts buying more than one player -and even then only if we manage to offload someone.

Ever since Romanov decided to dismantle the team him and burley created our tranfers windows have been pretty non-eventful. Atleast Csaba has got us on the straight and narrow now, and hopefully we'll make a wee bid for porter in the next 24 hours or so.

Commander Harris

most transfers seem to be done pretty close to the deadline - it's very much still early days.

when does the fire sale start:rolleyes:

Asked our prominent friend from the south the same question. Where is the great Jambo loving reporter from the Herald? They had pages on the this board about us selling every player and going into administration. Some on here were even ready to commit hari kari. Journos who write pish should at least come on and admit they were wrong, and that they know nothing. An appology would be fine too. But no they will continue to write anything they please true or false.

yeah things probally will pick up over the last few days of the window,but there is useally alot more tranfers by this point in england. but i do hope it gets more intresting for us hearts fans,would love some new blood up front in this window.

It's definitely a buyer's market. Most sellers are holding out for the moment though, but as the end of the window approaches then reality, and panic, will set in and we should see prices tumble and deals made. One factor however was exemplified with the Boyd to Birmingham case - cash-strapped clubs are having to cut the wage bill and so players moving clubs may be asked to play for less wages at their new clubs and, to be honest with you, I can't see many players accepting that unless other factors weigh more heavily (like great dissatisfaction at their current club). Prepare to see more deals fall through due to personal terms not being agreed to.

It's definitely a buyer's market. Most sellers are holding out for the moment though, but as the end of the window approaches then reality, and panic, will set in and we should see prices tumble and deals made. One factor however was exemplified with the Boyd to Birmingham case - cash-strapped clubs are having to cut the wage bill and so players moving clubs may be asked to play for less wages at their new clubs and, to be honest with you, I can't see many players accepting that unless other factors weigh more heavily (like great dissatisfaction at their current club). Prepare to see more deals fall through due to personal terms not being agreed to.

your right,just happend with hull trying to sign boa morte aswell

Ever since Romanov decided to dismantle the team him and burley created our tranfers windows have been pretty non-eventful. Atleast Csaba has got us on the straight and narrow now, and hopefully we'll make a wee bid for porter in the next 24 hours or so.

Just a thought, hypothetical question:

If porter was to be our only signing.

Even if we lose one or two players would we all be content with that?

As long as we manage to keep the balogh and Porter that'l do me.

Need to keep eggy, Kari and driver though.

If Berra, kingston and Aguiar all go then fair enough as i was expecting that to happen.

I'd be happy with it i think. Going by previous transfer windows. Although its the fact that we'd be signing a striker that im happy about, not the fact that its porter, ive not really seen much of him, just his stats.

For me, If we were to get 3M+ for kingston and 1M+ for zaliukas then sign porter, arfield and barr. That would be a very sucessful transfer window.

Archived