seafield roundabout groan

Munch

Carl Spackler

Just about every route through Edinburgh is a shambles just now be it because of the trams, gas mains renewals or the Seafield roundabout removal.

The city wide planning of all of these schemes has been very poor indeed.

You can argue short term pain for long term gain but, without overstatement, you can barely travel a mile without hitting some form of roadworks and some of the diversions for these are ludicrously long.

Its a total pain, I live in Porty & went for an interview on Tues Morning at Chambers St, wife offered to drive. So went up Brighton place,absolutely gridlocked owing to cars coming off harry lauder Road.Went past Porty High School & up to Junction at Duddingston to go through park. Road up to Duddingston Village chocker. Cut through residential area, past Parsons green primary, round some back roads (by Postal Bowling Club) & out at park at meadowbank. Through park & up Holyrood road, or so I thought.

Nae chance! Holyrood Road is shut at St Mary St & Pleasance junction, so got & walked. In all it took about 30 mins to complete that journey.

Thankfully made it in time for interview, & all went well (I Thought)

If I get the job, guess what.....I'm gonna get the F****** train from Brunstane Station. 10 mins to waverley, 5 min walk to Chambers St from there.

Is it beyond hope that our council employ joined up thinking when co-ordinating major projects such as these. The best bit is this time its not the trams, they're not even reaching sunny Portobello.

Archived