Christophe Berra - taking on more responsibility

Coco

One thing I haven't seen mentioned much on here. And it is that Christophe Berra is this season taking a lot more responsibility on the field.

Previously he played like Paul Ritchie, excellent defender but just shifting the ball to other players rather than taking it on. But now Berra is taking the ball forward, taking shots at goal and crossing the ball. Add that to his greater aggression in the opposition box at corners and he is becoming a more complete defender.

Great to see and hope we will keep him for longer.

He's really started to come of age, both as a player and as captain, in the last ten games or so.

Charlie-Brown

Agree Coco but it is that development & improvement that is attracting greater interest in the player, could be his final days or months as a jambo.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
One thing I haven't seen mentioned much on here. And it is that Christophe Berra is this season taking a lot more responsibility on the field.

Previously he played like Paul Ritchie, excellent defender but just shifting the ball to other players rather than taking it on. But now Berra is taking the ball forward, taking shots at goal and crossing the ball. Add that to his greater aggression in the opposition box at corners and he is becoming a more complete defender.

Great to see and hope we will keep him for longer.

Until midnight on the 2rd of February(i think the window has been extended because the 1st falls on a Sunday).

Berra is a waste of any potential suitors money and would be far better gaining more experience in the SPL with Hearts for at least a season and a half.

In fact he is mince,rubbish,useless....Stay away from him.

;)

Agree Coco but it is that development & improvement that is attracting greater interest in the player, could be his final days or months as a jambo.

George Burley has been at lots of Hearts games recently, must be thinking of pencilling Berra in for the international team. Best centre back in the league this season.

George Burley has been at lots of Hearts games recently, must be thinking of pencilling Berra in for the international team. Best centre back in the league this season.

Sounds likely given his progress in the last year. Hopefully VR can see that a Scotland regular is going to be worth more than one just breaking through.

Why would Burley pick Berra when he has the cream of Scottish football in David Weir, Stephen McManus and Special Needs Caldwell?

wheatfield to sheffield
He's really started to come of age, both as a player and as captain, in the last ten games or so.

I think you're dead right. Last season, and even at the start of this one, he wasn't really being an inspiration on the field - we had to rely on Mikey Stewart for that - but he has just become excellent since then.

Note to any trawling scouts. I'm only joking. He's rubbish really and would be a liability to any other club.

Archived