Transfer window snooze.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Halfway through the month. Is this the quietest transfer window in history? Diarra, Bridge, Etherington and Defoe are the only moves I can even remember. SPL sides have signed less than ten players between the lot of them. What's going on? Is the January transfer window on borrowed time? Are we going to get anybody?

Also, is the David Gray who moved on loan to Plymouth from Man U the same one that used to be with us?

Guest jambomickey
Halfway through the month. Is this the quietest transfer window in history? Diarra, Bridge, Etherington and Defoe are the only moves I can even remember. SPL sides have signed less than ten players between the lot of them. What's going on? Is the January transfer window on borrowed time? Are we going to get anybody?

Also, is the David Gray who moved on loan to Plymouth from Man U the same one that used to be with us?

it is the same david gray

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's predicted to be the most expensive yet so wait and see.

Most activity is usually in the last few days anyway.

Charlie-Brown

Clubs every where have been 'credit-crunched' both in terms of less generous banking facilities than before and also income from corporate & supporters harder to generate in a recession.

Yes David Gray came through Hearts youth system.

Charlie-Brown
It's predicted to be the most expensive yet so wait and see.

Most activity is usually in the last few days anyway.

Man City could break a few records if players agree to sign for them but generally there is much less activity in terms of number of transfers as opposed to loans.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

City will probably go insane with a couple of days to go but I haven't heard so much as a sniff of any of the other big clubs being in for players - Man U, Arsenal (who knows how reliable the Arshavin rumour is), Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa, Celtic, Rangers etc. - none of them rumoured to be making big purchases. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a breath of fresh air that clubs are being a little more sensible, but it does take a wee bit of the excitement away.

Drylaw Hearts

Halfway through the Transfer Window...........................

And we still haven't got a new striker.

Man City could break a few records if players agree to sign for them but generally there is much less activity in terms of number of transfers as opposed to loans.

I'm just repeating what some financial expert on SSN said!

He knows better than you and me I would think. :)

Who do you blame?

City will probably go insane with a couple of days to go but I haven't heard so much as a sniff of any of the other big clubs being in for players - Man U, Arsenal (who knows how reliable the Arshavin rumour is), Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa, Celtic, Rangers etc. - none of them rumoured to be making big purchases. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a breath of fresh air that clubs are being a little more sensible, but it does take a wee bit of the excitement away.

Man U have spent 16 million on two young Serbians (?) already!

Prince Buaben

Fergie has said his transfer window is already over. Chelsea i dont think can afford to buy someone( as daft as that sounds)as Roman aint digging deep at the moment. Rangers aint in a position to buy at the moment as they have to sell to balance the books. Celtic think they dont need to strengthen becuase of whats happening at Rangers.

As for Liverpool and Arsenal well both need to strengthen for different reasons. Liverpool becuase there pool of players in general(all the way through not just the few superstars) havent got the quality as Man U or Chelsea. Arsenal for example need to strengthen just to try and finish 4th

Agreed, reading all the rumours every day you'd think there were hundreds of millions being splashed about. I think the issue is the same as with the summer window, everyone is waiting for one or two of their players to leave before the can bring anyone in. Arsenal are taking their time over Arshavin, Man City are messing about with unrealistic targets and everyone else who you'd expect to spend the big bucks is skint. :th_Yawn:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Man U have spent 16 million on two young Serbians (?) already!

WTF? When? Who?

I suppose I could look for it myself...:mw_rolleyes:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

We have. He scored on Sunday.;)

Drylaw Hearts
Who do you blame?

I blame those who sanctioned big bucks Contracts on an almost endless list of poor footballers who signed for Hearts since 2005.

I also blame whoever sanctioned the signings of Kello, No.16 and Tullberg.

But tbh.......

That is more than likely the same person(s).

Archived