Blue isn't the colour

speedbump

Its on ITV Regional channels via yer Sky buttons (ITV London) ;) edit : oops , see above.......

Good luck Saaafend :)

Cairneyhill Jambo
Its on ITV Regional channels via yer Sky buttons (ITV London) ;) edit : oops , see above.......

Good luck Saaafend :)

Cheers mate, I'll be watching it on sky but my old man only has freeview and was just wondering if you can get it on it somehow.

Cheers

Cheers mate, I'll be watching it on sky but my old man only has freeview and was just wondering if you can get it on it somehow.

Cheers

Don't think you can get it with freeview. It's what I've got too, will be the internet for me.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I fancy Southend here.

Just zoomed in on Big Phil the failure and he looked like he was sh***ng himself. :)

Quite quiet in here now, something to do with a Ballack goal?

:laugh:

Wouldn't count your chickens just yet pal.

Chelsea have had most of the ball but Southend could easily have been 2-0 up with that header and then it's game set and match.

Scolari is clueless it would seem. Back to international management for him.

Chelsea have had most of the ball but Southend could easily have been 2-0 up with that header and then it's game set and match.

Chelsea will go through, no doubt about it.

Totally agree re Scolari.

Earning every penny of that 100k a week wage.

He's on more than that, closer to ?120k

A Chelsea fan said something the other day that made me laugh. "Apart from winning the World Cup with Brazil, what's he ever done?" I mean, FFS!

A Chelsea fan said something the other day that made me laugh. "Apart from winning the World Cup with Brazil, what's he ever done?" I mean, FFS!

Daft comment but what I would say is it looks like he can't cut it at the top level of club management.

See Man U are winning. Down the league Chelsea go. :)

PresidentRomanov

What has he ever done apart from that?

Think Anthony Grant has been pretty decent for Southend.

He must have been hated at Chelsea because he has been nailed a few times!

I've never understood zonal marking. Chelsea are doing it the night and there have been 2 free headers so far.

Whats wrong with just picking up your man and marking him tight?!

What has he ever done apart from that?

Won the Copa Libertadores with two different clubs. Took Portugal to their first ever major final, and only their second ever World Cup semi-final. And when he took over the Brazil job, they were in serious danger of failing to reach the World Cup altogether, and had been just knocked out of the Copa America. By Honduras.

So it's not working out for him at Chelsea - big deal. There are other reasons for that, lack of money and an ageing, declining squad chief amongst them. But when I hear things like "anyone could win the World Cup with Brazil", it does my head in: they were outsiders in 2002, and I got them at 8/1. I doubt they'll ever again be 8/1 to win the tournament in my lifetime. His man management and organisational skills were crucial, and they finished up winning the event by a street.

Daft comment but what I would say is it looks like he can't cut it at the top level of club management.

See Man U are winning. Down the league Chelsea go. :)

Nah. I'd say, it looks like he and Chelsea just don't suit - so he'll stay until the summer, then find himself another big club or become Brazil boss again.

Nah. I'd say, it looks like he and Chelsea just don't suit - so he'll stay until the summer, then find himself another big club or become Brazil boss again.

He's lost the dressing room, has no tactical awareness and training routine is amateur at best.

If he makes it to the summer I'd be shocked.

He's lost the dressing room, has no tactical awareness and training routine is amateur at best.

If he makes it to the summer I'd be shocked.

It's more that he's tactically inflexible - because the system he's tried to implement is the one which served him so well with Brazil and Portugal. Thing is though, Chelsea's expectations aren't quite the same any more. Time was when failure to win either the EPL or CL would've been regarded by Abramovich as something approaching a scandal; now, the board merely expect to be in strong contention for both trophies, but not necessarily to win them. Things are changing, bit by bit - and Chelsea's dominion seems to be crumbling with or without Scolari.

It's more that he's tactically inflexible - because the system he's tried to implement is the one which served him so well with Brazil and Portugal. Thing is though, Chelsea's expectations aren't quite the same any more. Time was when failure to win either the EPL or CL would've been regarded by Abramovich as something approaching a scandal; now, the board merely expect to be in strong contention for both trophies, but not necessarily to win them. Things are changing, bit by bit - and Chelsea's dominion seems to be crumbling with or without Scolari.

He's tactically naive to the Premiership, plus his lack of width is scary at times. Sunday at Old Trafford being the example.

Under Mourinho, winning both was the expectation because he could achieve it. Under Grant and Scolari, to ask this of them would be very unrealistic.

You were right about the age of the squad in your previous post, the whole things needs a clear out top to bottom. Only 6 or 7 would make it through with the new manager.

The Canaries can have Scolari about April if you want him. ;)

I've read this a lot from you recently Shaun but I don't know what you are basing that opinion on?

Chelsea will definitely still consider Champions League and Premiership as must win trophies. Why wouldn't they?! They were runners up in both last year and lost the Champs League by a baw hair.

In not sure of the average age of the squad but the likes of Lampard and Terry would get in any side in the world and they are about 29 so it's not as if they are on their last legs.

They signed both Deco and Boswinga in the summer and Robinho was nicked from under their nose at the last minute so again, I'm not sure why you think they are toiling financially?

He's tactically naive to the Premiership, plus his lack of width is scary at times. Sunday at Old Trafford being the example.

Under Mourinho, winning both was the expectation because he could achieve it. Under Grant and Scolari, to ask this of them would be very unrealistic.

You were right about the age of the squad in your previous post, the whole things needs a clear out top to bottom. Only 6 or 7 would make it through with the new manager.

The lack of width is more down to Malouda being injured, Anelka refusing to play wide and Chelsea not stumping up the cash for Robinho. Although why he signed Deco when he already had Lampard, Cole and Ballack for the centre of midfield is beyond me.

The lack of width is more down to Malouda being injured, Anelka refusing to play wide and Chelsea not stumping up the cash for Robinho. Although why he signed Deco when he already had Lampard, Cole and Ballack for the centre of midfield is beyond me.

Kalou can play out wide as can Joe Cole. Playing Deco or Ballack on the wings has been idiocy as they constantly come inside and the full back is completely exposed. Deco was a horrible signing as he's steadily losing it.

4-1 - Lampard.

I've read this a lot from you recently Shaun but I don't know what you are basing that opinion on?

Chelsea will definitely still consider Champions League and Premiership as must win trophies. Why wouldn't they?! They were runners up in both last year and lost the Champs League by a baw hair.

In not sure of the average age of the squad but the likes of Lampard and Terry would get in any side in the world and they are about 29 so it's not as if they are on their last legs.

They signed both Deco and Boswinga in the summer and Robinho was nicked from under their nose at the last minute so again, I'm not sure why you think they are toiling financially?

Kenyon wants them to break even by 2010, AP. They spent a fortune paying off Mourinho and Grant, and can't afford to again. Yes, they signed Deco and Bosingwa, and almost signed Robinho - but that was in August. In mid-September, the world changed. This will go for every club - but of all the major ones, Chelsea are the most reliant on artificial sources of wealth.

One thing I expect the credit crunch to do is, Man City apart, gradually reveal the real, innate position of many clubs. Of the Big Four, Chelsea and Arsenal are the vulnerable ones; just as Rangers are the vulnerable party among the OF. Scolari's been unhappy for ages because the job just isn't as advertised in the brochure: they need a clearout, and to completely refresh their whole approach.

Trouble is, I don't think the funds are there to do it - and even more significantly, barely anyone's come through their youth system at all. Young players are vital to Kenyon and Abramovich's plans of ultimately making the club self-funding - but it ain't happening, and the Big Boss has rather more pressing concerns to attend to at present.

Kenyon wants them to break even by 2010, AP. They spent a fortune paying off Mourinho and Grant, and can't afford to again. Yes, they signed Deco and Bosingwa, and almost signed Robinho - but that was in August. In mid-September, the world changed. This will go for every club - but of all the major ones, Chelsea are the most reliant on artificial sources of wealth.

One thing I expect the credit crunch to do is, Man City apart, gradually reveal the real, innate position of many clubs. Of the Big Four, Chelsea and Arsenal are the vulnerable ones; just as Rangers are the vulnerable party among the OF. Scolari's been unhappy for ages because the job just isn't as advertised in the brochure: they need a clearout, and to completely refresh their whole approach.

Trouble is, I don't think the funds are there to do it - and even more significantly, barely anyone's come through their youth system at all. Young players are vital to Kenyon and Abramovich's plans of ultimately making the club self-funding - but it ain't happening, and the Big Boss has rather more pressing concerns to attend to at present.

Cool mate, I've just never heard any of that being reported anywhere but I don't really pay much attention to Chelsea, tbh.

Interesting though.

Aidy Boothroyd'll do for us, thanks! Regarding the squad, Drogba, Malouda, Deco, Alex and Kalou all need to go in the summer I'd say; and I'm not sure about Ballack or the two Coles either. But take a look at the two benches on Sunday: United had Carrick, Tevez, Scholes and Anderson, even with Ferdinand, Hargreaves and Nani all out injured. Chelsea could only counter with Anelka, Belletti and Di Santo (who?). No contest - and what a turnaround from two seasons ago.

Cool mate, I've just never heard any of that being reported anywhere but I don't really pay much attention to Chelsea, tbh.

Interesting though.

The moral of it all for me is that in football, if you stand still, you go backwards. Even though they came so close to both major trophies last season, they'd lost that extraordinary toughness and reliability they had under Mourinho - and it's a lot easier to take over mid-season and keep things ticking over for a while than start anew in the summer. On Five Live, Mike Ingham made the comparison between Grant replacing Mourinho at Chelsea, and Dave Mackay replacing Cloughie at Derby. Mackay actually went on to win Derby another title - but wonderful though he was, he was no Clough. Their decline swiftly followed, as it may do at the Bridge too.

Archived