The Balogh

Munch

loveofthegame

Eh well he's the only goalie we've had since Gordon who's cemented a number 1 place so that kind of goes without saying....

get rid of Kello and Basso sign balogh with that money and bobs your uncle

Hes an excellent keep with his best attribute being his ability to come of his line extremely fast! :108years:

Disser Pointon

Hes an excellent keep with his best attribute being his ability to come of his line extremely fast! :108years:

Thought Basso was away ages ago?

:108years:

Guest JamboRobbo

He looks a decent enough keeper, but I've not seen anything extra special from him.

150k. Not much money really. But then we don't have much money right now.

Assuming we have a limited budget to spend on improving the team, is Balogh 150ks worth of points better than McDonald?

Or might that 150k be better spent on other areas of the team?

Not really questioning Baloghs goalkeeping, just questioning if he is the best position for us to spend some of our limited cash on.......

Best keeper at the club by quite some distance, regardless of what some on here say.

correct. for some reason there are one or two folk have something against him.

Assuming we have a limited budget to spend on improving the team, is Balogh 150ks worth of points better than McDonald?

IMO yes. The supporters probably spent ?150k on bevvy partly as a result of his saves from Rearend and Fletcher in the last 2 ER derbies.

It's always essential to have a reliable keeper and I think he is. Jamie Mac might be but I'm not yet convinced. For ?150k is it a risk we have to take?

Guest JamboRobbo
Assuming we have a limited budget to spend on improving the team' date=' is Balogh 150ks worth of points better than McDonald?

[/quote']

IMO yes. The supporters probably spent ?150k on bevvy partly as a result of his saves from Rearend and Fletcher in the last 2 ER derbies.

It's always essential to have a reliable keeper and I think he is. Jamie Mac might be but I'm not yet convinced. For ?150k is it a risk we have to take?

Fair enough mate I'm just asking the question.

I don't think I know which way I'd go on it to be honest. Yes he's done fine, and made some good saves, but not spectacular to the the point where I can't imagine life without him.

I think it probably comes down to how much we have to spend this window.

If we have 500k or 1M to spend, then allocating 150k towards Balogh would seem a good idea.

But, if we only have 150k to spend, then I think we need a striker first rather than spend our only money on a keeper when we have other keeper options.

Charlie-Brown

It depends if Csaba wants him then do Hearts have ?150K spare to buy him or do we have to sell someone first to raise money for the transfer fee - it could depend on if anybody is sold, when & for how much etc.

Basso!!!

:laugh:

Forgot that tit was still with us.

Really hope we keep him.

Why can't we sell Kingston for a couple million and keep him, bring down Black and a striker of Csaba's choosing. Not a bad transfer window IMO.

itsnomarooned

In my humble opinion there's little to choose between Balogh, Kello and MacDonald all haveing performed pretty well. That being the case I wouldn't pay the ?150k and would make MacDonald the number 1.

Thankfully it's not up to me!

Really hope we keep him.

Why can't we sell Kingston for a couple million and keep him, bring down Black and a striker of Csaba's choosing. Not a bad transfer window IMO.

Because no one would pay it? :laugh:

Why has no one paid a transfer fee for Kingston until VR paid one? (I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong!).

I think that 150k for Balogh is a luxury buy when there is so little money at the club and we are so short at left back/forward positions.

This was in the paper last Monday in the paper, I hope to hell we sign him up, The Balogh is a quality keeper sign him up!

I don't think we need both Kello and Balogh. On balance I'd probably like Balogh to stay simply because he's done all right since he came in, but I'm not too fussed either way. As others have said, we really could use that money to strengthen other areas of the team...

Archived