Hearts eBay item

JamboJen

Can't believe anyone (especially London Jambo) is giving this piece of tat any credibility whatsoever.

No player shirts are size Medium, the embroidery is way smaller than that shown on the 'Webster' jersey, there's no comment on a number / name on the back and the seller cleverly avoids saying that it is a genuine player's or worn shirt.

"OFFICIAL HEARTS MEMORABILIA" = correct, a replica shirt is official hearts memorabilia

"AS WORN AGAINST GRETNA IN THE 2006 CUP FINAL" = correct statement, it is AS the shirt worn in the final!

"VERY RARE SHIRT COMPLETE WITH OFFICIAL CUP FINAL EMBROIDERY ON THE CHEST AND SLEEVE PATCHES" = correct, because none of the replica ones were sold with these additions that the seller has most likely added himself, which in effect makes it 'rarer' than a bog standard replica shirt.

Avoid at all costs, total and utter rip-off.

:evilno:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't believe anyone (especially London Jambo) is giving this piece of tat any credibility whatsoever.

No player shirts are size Medium, the embroidery is way smaller than that shown on the 'Webster' jersey, there's no comment on a number / name on the back and the seller cleverly avoids saying that it is a genuine player's or worn shirt.

"OFFICIAL HEARTS MEMORABILIA" = correct, a replica shirt is official hearts memorabilia

"AS WORN AGAINST GRETNA IN THE 2006 CUP FINAL" = correct statement, it is AS the shirt worn in the final!

"VERY RARE SHIRT COMPLETE WITH OFFICIAL CUP FINAL EMBROIDERY ON THE CHEST AND SLEEVE PATCHES" = correct, because none of the replica ones were sold with these additions that the seller has most likely added himself, which in effect makes it 'rarer' than a bog standard replica shirt.

Avoid at all costs, total and utter rip-off.

:evilno:

Alistair,

I notice my name on your post. As I said before, I have no axe to grind either way and have not bid on this shirt. I have bought shirts from this seller before. I have e-mailed him and will report back.

For what it is worth, he doesnt say it is a player's shirt, the embroidery seems to me to be the same size (the picture is smaller, I'll grant you that but when you compare them side by side, they look the same to me), there is no player name because its not being sold as a match-worn and the seller does avoid saying that its match worn, presumably because its not !!

Then you accept that his description is accurate (but suggest its misleading) and, like others, suggest that he has done the embroidery himself. It seems that that is the real issue here and it is the issue which I will ask him to comment on. It is, of course, possible that the club got a batch of these shirts made up which were given to other employees and found their way to the seller. Not saying I know what is right but that explanation seems to me to be at least as plausible.

The other issue is whether the seller makes it clear enough in his description that the shirt is not match worn. As mentioned elsewhere, I think that any serious collector would realise that it wasnt but I agree that he could say so in specific language to clear up any confusion.

Answer - it may or may not be a total rip-off. I personally dont believe that it is. If it is, I shall be in the line of people condemning. Let's wait and see what response I get to my e-mail. But like many other issues on JKB, we ought to be a little slower to jump to hasty conclusions without hearing the full facts.

Cheers

GC

badly drawn boy
I have Chesney's away top from that season as I was an official player sponsor, the size of that shirt is XL.

XL is the smallest size I have seen for an official match worn top with many often being XXL including Andy Kirks who was hardly the biggest of guys!

Complete conman!

I have both ches and Mikos away tops from last season in amongst others as the official sponsor and they are all XL

badly drawn boy
No way that would fit SW (sorry, Scott ... harsh but true!)

Have Brunos away top from a couple of years back , also xl

The guys actually very intelligent

He hasnt directly lied anywhere, he just knows most people will take it as a match worn shirt and bid whereas all he says is that it is the shirt we wore in the cup final with badges.

Anyone silly enough to be mugged off by that deserves it

Bomber Harris

Isn't he the same guy who tried to sell "another" 2006 Cup Final top a while back on ebay but made the mistake of having the embroidery misplaced on the shirt as to the actual official tops worn on the day ?

Allegedly ...

"AS WORN AGAINST GRETNA IN THE 2006 CUP FINAL"

Right. As worn against Gretna by which player? Seems odd that they wouldn't mention it.

Definitely something fishy about it.

EXACTLY what I thought.

The guys actually very intelligent

He hasnt directly lied anywhere, he just knows most people will take it as a match worn shirt and bid whereas all he says is that it is the shirt we wore in the cup final with badges.

Anyone silly enough to be mugged off by that deserves it

Intelligent? Debatable, Sneaky? Yes - but has he done anything wrong, morally - probably, legally - probably not.

If I was bidding, peronoally, I would ask him directly 'Is it a shirt worn by a player during the actual match, and if so, what player?'

For example, I have a replica of the poopy strip worn against Aberdeen last season on Remembrance day, but not one worn by a player - I could have done the same thing/

Guest S.U.S.S.
You could understand someone getting hold of ONE or maybe TWO of this kind of shirt. This guy has got loads of them !!

Wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. He'll simply be buying bog standard shirts and having them embroidered

Agreed, a guy at work said he saw some seller that seeming had numerous "poppy" tops for sale. Crap if you ask me, avoid at all costs for that price.

Or if your very interested ask him to prove its authenticity.

Just came across this.

Anyone else think this might not be 100% authentic?

In the description it says "as worn in v Gretna" and also doesn't look worn or anything. I'm guessing the club would have extras but would they not all have names on them?

I'm not interested in buying it but just thought it seemed a little suspicious. Maybe I'm just cynical!!

Not sure I'd pay over ?300 for something that wasn't actually worn during the match.

small world! I saw this ebay item yesterday I emailed seller asking who wore the shirt he got back saying it was not match worn.

I too was a bit suspect by the size medium, as I saw a Andy Driver shirt for sale before x-mas and it was XL

Sorry if somebody else as posted a similar answer, my pc is running slow and could nae view last page.

i've bought a couple of shirts from these guys before and all i can say is that the shirts are top drawer,..... match worn shirts would not be listed at ?50 - ?100, if anyone really thinks they will potentially buy a match worn Cup Final shirt for a starting price of ?50 they need to stop taking the med's, they same goes with the poppy shirts, if you've been at dinners etc, these go for anything up to a grand, get real man !!!!.

i have no complaint with mattandalex, all they are doin is selling what the fans would like to have, it's not their fault that someone will pay ?300 for a top starting at ?50, it's also not their problem that they know where to get the shirts.

108 and counting HHGH

i've bought a couple of shirts from these guys before and all i can say is that the shirts are top drawer,..... match worn shirts would not be listed at ?50 - ?100, if anyone really thinks they will potentially buy a match worn Cup Final shirt for a starting price of ?50 they need to stop taking the med's, they same goes with the poppy shirts, if you've been at dinners etc, these go for anything up to a grand, get real man !!!!.

i have no complaint with mattandalex, all they are doin is selling what the fans would like to have, it's not their fault that someone will pay ?300 for a top starting at ?50, it's also not their problem that they know where to get the shirts.

108 and counting HHGH

Yes I am sure you are nothing to do with the seller.

Heres a question, if there is nothing improper about the site why the deliberate attempts to try and deceive the less alert?

Yes I am sure you are nothing to do with the seller.

Heres a question, if there is nothing improper about the site why the deliberate attempts to try and deceive the less alert?

Rawrrrr, all i'm saying is don't think your buying a match worn top, Cup Final shirt or Poppy Shirt at ?50 - ?100 mate, surely even the "less alert" could grasp that ???

Rawrrrr, all i'm saying is don't think your buying a match worn top, Cup Final shirt or Poppy Shirt at ?50 - ?100 mate, surely even the "less alert" could grasp that ???

Read this thread, clearly people cant grasp that and the ad doesnt exactly go out its way to assist them in doing so.

Yes it was obvious to me and a few others it was an attempt to scam but not everyone would suss it.

Sorry mate, can't see the scam, it doesn't claim to be a match worn/players shirt, the SCF shirt started at ?50, and no, i did not bid !!!,i agree that ?300 is a lot of cash, but you can't blame the seller for people bidding that amount, maybe it's just me but that is why it's called an "auction site"

Read this thread, clearly people cant grasp that and the ad doesnt exactly go out its way to assist them in doing so.

Yes it was obvious to me and a few others it was an attempt to scam but not everyone would suss it.

I'm with you on this one, I'm naturally cynical of things that are on e-bay etc but some people just take things at face value and if they didn't read the description for the shirt they could very easily be left disappointed

Sorry mate, can't see the scam, it doesn't claim to be a match worn/players shirt, the SCF shirt started at ?50, and no, i did not bid !!!,i agree that ?300 is a lot of cash, but you can't blame the seller for people bidding that amount, maybe it's just me but that is why it's called an "auction site"

1) You are clearly the seller or involved with them, and your kidding no one in saying otherwise

2) The auction uses unncessary language in an attempt to deceive. i.e "as worn" . This is not a term people would use to describe a simple replica strip normally and is a clear attempt imo to deceive people into thinking its a match worn strip.

It isn't you selling the shirt on e-bay is it? You only joined today and you seem very keen to defend the seller on e-bay :mw_rolleyes:

FWIW I don't think it's a scam but it could be construed as misleading if someone isn't paying attention. It could be argued that they seller isn't doing all he can to ensure he is properly identifying it as 'not match worn'

Exactly. As I've said earlier it's the type of thing that well meaning relatives may look buy for a birthday or Christmas present and not know what to look out for/avoid.

I assumed it wasn't "real" but as other people have said it's misleading. In the Hearts v Barca shirt I liked after the OP the seller says something like "I think only twenty or so of these shirts were made", suggesting they are the real thing.

IMO the listing is along the lines of the guy who when PlayStations first came out sold a PS1 box before xmas for hundreds of pounds.

Yes, it's the buyer's fault for not properly investigating what they're buying but the seller knows they're making more money due to the relative ambiguity of the listing.

Rawrrrrr, Malky, i can assure that i'm not the seller, and i can see both your points, but i'm not here to get into an arguement,.....i've bought a couple of the sellers shirts before and i'm more than delighted with them, i read the listing's and bought accordingly,

i don't feel mislead in any way and will buy again, that's my point guys !!

108 and counting HHGH

Thats also a bit suspicious, seems very hobo-esque

never in my puff have I seen a Hearts fan do that

Rawrrrrr, Malky, i can assure that i'm not the seller, and i can see both your points, but i'm not here to get into an arguement,.....i've bought a couple of the sellers shirts before and i'm more than delighted with them, i read the listing's and bought accordingly,

i don't feel mislead in any way and will buy again, that's my point guys !!

Fair point, but.........

You joined today and your only activity is to defend the seller

Fair enough if you've bought the shirts from the guy before but if you didn't have a vested interest why would you feel drawn to register on JKB and defend the guy, if you're not the seller how was this thread brought to your attention

As I said earlier I'm naturally cynical, even without that you're looking incredibly dodgy

Fair point, but.........

You joined today and your only activity is to defend the seller

Fair enough if you've bought the shirts from the guy before but if you didn't have a vested interest why would you feel drawn to register on JKB and defend the guy, if you're not the seller how was this thread brought to your attention

As I said earlier I'm naturally cynical, even without that you're looking incredibly dodgy

Malky...have it your way mate, i'm not here to defend anyone, i liked what i saw and bought it, if you don't like it....fair do's bud, no arguement !!

Malky...have it your way mate, i'm not here to defend anyone, i liked what i saw and bought it, if you don't like it....fair do's bud, no arguement !!

What a load of tripe.

Defend it all you like, it's still a shameful thing to do to fellow Jambos.

:mw_rolleyes:

FWIW I think putting it down as "very rare" is slightly misleading....just my opinion though.

The guy can sell whatever he wants on ebay so long as he doesn't claim it is anything it isn't....and to be fair he doesn't claim it was worn during the match.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
What a load of tripe.

Defend it all you like, it's still a shameful thing to do to fellow Jambos.

:mw_rolleyes:

Spot on.

Its not the where's or the why for's whether selling any old shirt is worded correctly to make it legal to sell it on Ebay its about the shirt being sold at a ridiculous price by a Jambo to purposely shaft another jambo.

If the shirt is genuine then its a buyers market and the price is the price.No complaints.

If is not the real deal then the seller is no more than a con merchant of the lowest form IMO.

Bomber Harris

FOR SALE.....

A MEDIUM SIZED, REPLICA HOME TOP FROM 2005/2006 SEASON WHEN HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN WON THE SCOTTISH CUP.

I HAVE ADDED EMBROIDERY (Tennents Scottish Cup Final 2006) AND THE SPONSORS PATCHES TO BOTH THE CHEST AND SLEEVES TO GIVE IT THAT AUTHENTIC LOOK.

PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS NOT MATCH WORN.

STARTING BIDS AT ?10 (to cover the costs of the top, embroidery and patches)

Not misleading and certainly clear, NOW WHY couldn't he have done it that way instead of doing the "Del Boy/Arful Daly" sales pitch ?

mattandalex1 has now sold 117 items over time on eBay, so he/she is no stranger to the ways of the place.

So that rules out naivete and ignorance.

Other items in his/her recent sales history have similar ambiguities - see the Celtic Cup final shirt, for instance.

Through the omission of very salient details, usually expected on eBay for this kind of item (if a genuine match-worn top, thereby commanding a premium), such as "worn by (player x), signed letter of authentication shown", and some vague language instead, the seller has created the environment where an inexperienced eBayer (let's say, a dad with a Hearts-mad son's birthday coming up - oh, and add in too much money to burn) could easily think it was a top worn, or at least in the kit basket, at Hampden that day.

The experienced eBayer would not be taken in, or would ask for clarification (- does eBay no longer show questions and answers, or were they disallowed on this sale ? It's a while since I sold something there).

Finally - mattandalex1 (eBay) ? ... axij78.hmfc (JKB) ? ... strange correlation between the ids ?

x is an unusual letter in Scrabble.

I promised to post if I got a response from the seller which I duly did last night.

Seller gets the shirts from a contact within the club; the shirts are sometimes match worn, sometimes extras from the manufacturers, sometimes samples - they are certainly not fakes embroidered by him.

He was very concerned that it was thought that his description was misleading. He said that where a shirt is match worn, he will always say so and that unless he is 100% sure it is match worn, he will not say so.

He said that the two main bidders on this particular shirt both e-mailed him to ask whether the shirt was match worn and both were told that it was not.

That was what I was told and you can make up your own mind. As a collector with some experience of these things, my own view is as follows. There are two issues raised in the thread. First, whether the shirts are fake in the sense that the seller has "created" them. Second, whether his description was misleading.

As to the first issue, I believe that it is very unlikely that the shirts are fake in the sense of the seller embroidering them himself and adding patches. I strongly suspect that they do come from a contact within the club.

As to the misdescription issue, I agree that there is some room for ambiguity in the case of someone who is not experienced in buying from auction sites. Anyone with any such experience (or frankly any sense) would have realised that this shirt was not match worn.

GC

I promised to post if I got a response from the seller which I duly did last night.

Seller gets the shirts from a contact within the club; the shirts are sometimes match worn, sometimes extras from the manufacturers, sometimes samples - they are certainly not fakes embroidered by him.

He was very concerned that it was thought that his description was misleading. He said that where a shirt is match worn, he will always say so and that unless he is 100% sure it is match worn, he will not say so.

He said that the two main bidders on this particular shirt both e-mailed him to ask whether the shirt was match worn and both were told that it was not.

That was what I was told and you can make up your own mind. As a collector with some experience of these things, my own view is as follows. There are two issues raised in the thread. First, whether the shirts are fake in the sense that the seller has "created" them. Second, whether his description was misleading.

As to the first issue, I believe that it is very unlikely that the shirts are fake in the sense of the seller embroidering them himself and adding patches. I strongly suspect that they do come from a contact within the club.

As to the misdescription issue, I agree that there is some room for ambiguity in the case of someone who is not experienced in buying from auction sites. Anyone with any such experience (or frankly any sense) would have realised that this shirt was not match worn.

GC

Thanks for this.

Interesting to know if the seller agrees with you re the point in bold.

.. so why is a guy with all these contacts at the club buying 2nd hand replica tops from EBay himself?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310092503771

..and where do multiple Hibs Murphy #3 shirts come from?

...and does he have close ties to Rangers and Celtic too?

Too many questions about this guy's stuff.

It's not you is it?

.. so why is a guy with all these contacts at the club buying 2nd hand replica tops from EBay himself?

It's not you is it?

Good work, MJ.

Thanks for this.

Interesting to know if the seller agrees with you re the point in bold.

H was very concerned that that was what people thought and asked me for my honest opinion which I gave him.

It's not you is it?

He did tell me he had contacts with other clubs as well. He also has his own collection of well over 100 shirts.

The only other one of your questions I can answer is the last one. I shall give you the benefit of the doubt being in Melbourne but I make no secret of my identity on this forum or anywhere else and write a regular piece for the Hearts programme.

My user name of e-bay is the same as my user name here.

GC

It's not you is it?

The guy is obviously a conman, I would never buy anything of him.

No chance would he have close ties at rangers, celtic, hibs and Hearts

H was very concerned that that was what people thought and asked me for my honest opinion which I gave him.

He did tell me he had contacts with other clubs as well. He also has his own collection of well over 100 shirts.

The only other one of your questions I can answer is the last one. I shall give you the benefit of the doubt being in Melbourne but I make no secret of my identity on this forum or anywhere else and write a regular piece for the Hearts programme.

My user name of e-bay is the same as my user name here.

GC

I shouldve put a smiley on there. Sorry. Didnt mean to cast any doubt.

The Hibs Murphy shirts still stand out as very weird things to be selling as V. Rare.

The guy is obviously a conman, I would never buy anything of him.

No chance would he have close ties at rangers, celtic, hibs and Hearts

He's got 100% good feedback after 117 transactions, so he must be doing something right.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mattandalex1/

Maybe he'll just do it a little more right in future.

Just came across this.

Anyone else think this might not be 100% authentic?

In the description it says "as worn in v Gretna" and also doesn't look worn or anything. I'm guessing the club would have extras but would they not all have names on them?

I'm not interested in buying it but just thought it seemed a little suspicious. Maybe I'm just cynical!!

Not sure I'd pay over ?300 for something that wasn't actually worn during the match.

another barras knock off

badly drawn boy

As to the mis-description issue, I agree that there is some room for ambiguity in the case of someone who is not experienced in buying from auction sites. Anyone with any such experience (or frankly any sense) would have realized that this shirt was not match worn.

GC

HI GC

I'm maybe just missing this , if the shirts are not fake .Regardless of whether its been worn , its a sample or extra etc -it would surely be the size intended for the said player/s

I have a load of tops from current and ex players in way of player sponsorship including 4 from last season , they all appear to be the same size which differs from the size of the top on offer here

Also seems a little bizarre that someone inside Hearts and many other clubs are sending endless supplies of players tops to the same person , why would they do this

I smell hibs

H

GC

Gary, I've no doubt of your credentials, (you've even bought a few items off me on ebay many years ago) but thats why so I'm surprised you're not more suspicious about this character than you appear to be.

another point being the comment above about his own collection of shirts - it wouldn't be the first time that an obsessive collector of something has decided to 'replicate' his treasured posessions in order to obtain funds to keep feeding his own habit... this guy just seems to have too many items to sell and appears to have too many "contacts".

If it was that easy to get you hands on these items by simply 'having contacts' at football clubs, don't you think all these so called rare items would have been handed out many moons ago?

Do you think the likes of Hearts have a cupboard tucked away at the back of the office marked "spare kit samples that can be handed out to obsessive fans with no questions asked"...

Come on Gary, you're better than that !!!!!!!

The People's Chimp
Exactly. As I've said earlier it's the type of thing that well meaning relatives may look buy for a birthday or Christmas present and not know what to look out for/avoid.

I assumed it wasn't "real" but as other people have said it's misleading. In the Hearts v Barca shirt I liked after the OP the seller says something like "I think only twenty or so of these shirts were made", suggesting they are the real thing.

That's a real problem with something like this; imagine a relative went out of their way to get a top and paid hundred (s). You'd be gutted for them.

The People's Chimp

It's also utterly ridiculous that someone at the club - and at another 3 top clubs - is just giving out these rare and pretty special tops to some guy to flog online. Would they not want them for themselves? Or for sponsors? Or for players family? or staff members families? or for lots of other people?

Total conman.

Bomber Harris

we went in the dressing room at Zeljezincar's (sp) ground and one of the kit men was freely seeling anything he could get his hands on :D

I know a guy on here who happens not to know directions in a slum area of Edinburgh (where Hibs play ;) ) got one of the tops

Happens everywhere

It's also utterly ridiculous that someone at the club - and at another 3 top clubs - is just giving out these rare and pretty special tops to some guy to flog online. Would they not want them for themselves? Or for sponsors? Or for players family? or staff members families? or for lots of other people?

Total conman.

I doubt that. ??s must change hands.

Maybe the club itself would be interested in this thread ?

Gary, I've no doubt of your credentials, (you've even bought a few items off me on ebay many years ago) but thats why so I'm surprised you're not more suspicious about this character than you appear to be.

another point being the comment above about his own collection of shirts - it wouldn't be the first time that an obsessive collector of something has decided to 'replicate' his treasured posessions in order to obtain funds to keep feeding his own habit... this guy just seems to have too many items to sell and appears to have too many "contacts".

If it was that easy to get you hands on these items by simply 'having contacts' at football clubs, don't you think all these so called rare items would have been handed out many moons ago?

Do you think the likes of Hearts have a cupboard tucked away at the back of the office marked "spare kit samples that can be handed out to obsessive fans with no questions asked"...

Come on Gary, you're better than that !!!!!!!

Sorry, better than what ?

I dont understand why I am getting grief here. I am merely reporting what I have been told and putting forward my own opinion.

If you knew who the person in question was, I can assure you that you'd understand very easily how he has established contacts at clubs.

As far as I am concerned, I have said my piece and I certainly have no desire to fall out with anyone about something which is not my business. I was just concerned that someone was being badmouthed and wanted to give him a chance to put his side of it. I have done that. If you dont believe what he has said, thats fine.

But I cant see how it reflects on me

GC

we went in the dressing room at Zeljezincar's (sp) ground and one of the kit men was freely seeling anything he could get his hands on :D

I know a guy on here who happens not to know directions in a slum area of Edinburgh (where Hibs play ;) ) got one of the tops

Happens everywhere

Yep, you can get rare pennants and everything if you know the right people

;););)

:D:D:D

GC

siegementality

I dont understand why I am getting grief here. I am merely reporting what I have been told and putting forward my own opinion.

If you knew who the person in question was, I can assure you that you'd understand very easily how he has established contacts at clubs.

As far as I am concerned, I have said my piece and I certainly have no desire to fall out with anyone about something which is not my business. I was just concerned that someone was being badmouthed and wanted to give him a chance to put his side of it. I have done that. If you dont believe what he has said, thats fine.

GC

From his e-bay feedback

Thank's Rob as always true to your word ten out of ten

Hi Rob the shirt arrived today,great shirt and even better service ten out of ten.

Rob, based in Edinburgh, are the Hobo's paid that badly that Mr Jones has to punt footie tops on e-bay!!!

GC

I think the problem is that you as an experienced collector have a fair idea of what to look for and a good eye for when something is worth a lot of money and when it's not. For the average Joe in the street, they may not understand the expression "match worn" nor have a clue as to how much these things really should be worth - it is possible that someone may look at that ebay listing, and think they were getting the shirt actually worn by one of the players in that match....and hence the use of the word "rare" in this case takes on a different stance.

With your understanding of the collector's world, you know he's not done anything wrong, and it might come across that you're somehow sticking up for him regardless, but others may feel that inexperienced people would think they were buying something that's not what they thought they were getting.

Right, off to watch my Absolutely DVD :108years:

Cheers

aj

The seller is being cute. You see it all the time on ebay.

Similar to signed pictures, original press photos etc

You do have to be familiar with who is selling.

When a seller not well known puts up such stuff you do have to doublecheck.

I think the problem is that you as an experienced collector have a fair idea of what to look for and a good eye for when something is worth a lot of money and when it's not. For the average Joe in the street, they may not understand the expression "match worn" nor have a clue as to how much these things really should be worth - it is possible that someone may look at that ebay listing, and think they were getting the shirt actually worn by one of the players in that match....and hence the use of the word "rare" in this case takes on a different stance.

With your understanding of the collector's world, you know he's not done anything wrong, and it might come across that you're somehow sticking up for him regardless, but others may feel that inexperienced people would think they were buying something that's not what they thought they were getting.

Right, off to watch my Absolutely DVD :108years:

Cheers

aj

Agree entirely with your post in principle, but will add that whenever I buy something, and especially when it is something of a reasonable value, I will always do research before hand to ensure I am getting what I pay for, and to determine the quality of the goods. I am sure most people do this?

If I am going to buy a new stereo for example, or a tv, or any item from ebay too, I will buy the relevant magazines/do the necessary research online etc. Surely for this situation, it is no different?

Archived