Other team's players treatment of our players.

Praha06

Following on from a point made on another thread in this forum a thought occurred to me.

Sundays match was one of the worst I have witnessed in terms of opposition players going in really hard on Hearts players. Some of the tackles in the Cup derby were actually worse/on a par with the Fletcher on Berra challenge. Bamba, Riordan and Stevenson off the top of my head.

I didnt see the Aberdeen match but I understand the Aberdeen players tactics were far from savoury.

Anyway is it fair to say that, given that refs seem to have an extremely low tolerance level where our players behaviour is concerned, opposition managers are actively encouraging their players to hack us, niggle us, antagonise(sp) us etc etc in the likely event that when our players react the ref will take a more dim view of us than them?

And if so, the refs are the ones to blame as much as anyone else.

Just unfortunate for Paatelainen that his attempts failed spectacularly.

Following on from a point made on another thread in this forum a thought occurred to me.

Sundays match was one of the worst I have witnessed in terms of opposition players going in really hard on Hearts players. Some of the tackles in the Cup derby were actually worse/on a par with the Fletcher on Berra challenge. Bamba, Riordan and Stevenson off the top of my head.

I didnt see the Aberdeen match but I understand the Aberdeen players tactics were far from savoury.

Anyway is it fair to say that, given that refs seem to have an extremely low tolerance level where our players behaviour is concerned, opposition managers are actively encouraging their players to hack us, niggle us, antagonise(sp) us etc etc in the likely event that when our players react the ref will take a more dim view of us than them?

for me the answer to that is yes. i honestly believe it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some opposition managers instruct their players according to how our games are officiated, whether that's over-robust challenges, diving, goading or out-and-out cheating and conning the ref into issuing cards.

prime candidates for me would be calderwood, mcghee and the obese troutface.

fat mixu is in either the sun or ecord today saying the players done exactly what he wanted them to do..

my conclusion is that he has said "knock the **** out of them and they will get themselves sent off"... or words to that effect.

Cheating spring to mind anyone?

The double standards of football are very much highlighted by this games result..

for me the answer to that is yes. i honestly believe it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some opposition managers instruct their players according to how our games are officiated, whether that's over-robust challenges, diving, goading or out-and-out cheating and conning the ref into issuing cards.

prime candidates for me would be calderwood, mcghee and the obese troutface.

I would add John Hughes to that list as well. As for the others, I totally agree.

Faatelainen as the previous poster has said, has in as many words indicated that he wanted his players to do just that.

Chad Sexington

I'm surprised not more has been made of that tackle Bamba made in the first half.

It was a horrible two footed lunge and he didn't even get booked for it.

Hibs could have had 3 or 4 sent off on Sunday, easily.

Our team is being kicked off the park in most games and what's the usual quote? "Hearts are a big phyical team"

pish.

Our team is being kicked off the park in most games and what's the usual quote? "Hearts are a big phyical team"

pish.

Aye that was the chat in my house during the match on Sunday, how come WE are branded the big physical side when its OUR players that are being battered about the place?

Us being THE physical side is as big a myth and them being the flair side!

pish.

What he said.

This is generally said by opposition managers in the build up to the game against us, planting a wee seed in the mind of the referee.

Chad Sexington
What he said.

This is generally said by opposition managers in the build up to the game against us, planting a wee seed in the mind of the referee.

It's the same with the diving accusation every time a Hearts player gets chopped in two.

The sheep are particularly fond of that one.

It's the same with the diving accusation every time a Hearts player gets chopped in two.

and yet calderwood seems to make a distinction between zaliukas waving an imaginary card and the behaviour of his 'honest' players.

wrong fatso, it's two types of the same thing... conning the referee.

I think their the worst for doing that, you've also got to have a sick bag on standby when you see diamond's ugly pus contort into an even more grotesque shape. :108years:

It's a myth that is still going from players like Brellier, Fysass, Janny & Bednar being in our team. The only small players were Hartley & Skacel, everyone else was 6ft +

That was 2/12 years ago though, time for Tango, Troutface etc to learn some new excuse.

I'm surprised not more has been made of that tackle Bamba made in the first half.

That Bamba challenge was an absolute shocker and epitomised Hibs approach to the game.

It seemed to start around the time Skacel got kicked all over the pitch at Falkirk 3 seasons ago

It hasnt been helped by a lot of our foreigners "making the most" of things, and it is true to say that our Lithuanians need to be shot before getting a free kick but I do think there is merit in what the OP says which is no doubt influence by the diving that has gone on

I also think it is particularly apt when it comes to the penalty area - i think oppo defenders are safe in the knowledge that unless it is very clear the attacking Hearts player will not get the benefit of the doubt if fouled in the box

it's also open to debate whether fletcher would have seen red if he had performed that tackle on certain other hearts players.

is it possible that a ref might go to send off a player, only to hesitate and change his mind when he sees who the victim is?

i can't rule it out.

fat mixu is in either the sun or ecord today saying the players done exactly what he wanted them to do..

my conclusion is that he has said "knock the **** out of them and they will get themselves sent off"... or words to that effect.

Cheating spring to mind anyone?

The double standards of football are very much highlighted by this games result..

The biter bit!!!

Here's one for Greetin' Face:

"By the standards you judge, you shall be judged!"

Lee Miller conspires to get Hearts player sent off - That's OK by the media, Hearts players fault.

Hearts player gets taken out the game by dirty Hibs B****** - Hearts player made the most of it, lost control of ball, did nothing to help his opponent, did a tripple salko, Hearts players fault.......

CornhillHearts
it's also open to debate whether fletcher would have seen red if he had performed that tackle on certain other hearts players.

is it possible that a ref might go to send off a player, only to hesitate and change his mind when he sees who the victim is?

i can't rule it out.

Was thinking the same. Also with regard to the media reaction to incident which has generally been pro Berra what reaction do you think might there have been if it had been the other Hearts centre half involved?

I think there is more chance the managers have asked there playerd to get stuck in to us becuase they feel our players are more likely to lose the rag... like Nade against Dundee Utd.

Was thinking the same. Also with regard to the media reaction to incident which has generally been pro Berra what reaction do you think might there have been if it had been the other Hearts centre half involved?

precisely. i imagine we would have treated to the full gamut of ignorant comments along the lines of... "well he's made the most of it but it's what we've come to expect from them".

that slimy wee gimp nevin is something else. first he slavers that zaliukas deserved a red card for his "aggressive stance", then he refuses to do his paid job properly by describing the fletcher tackle for what it was, a potential leg snapper.

winston churchill

i mentioned this in the match thread.

also,murray tried a jackie chan number at tynecastle that was a shocker.

i mentioned this in the match thread.

also,murray tried a jackie chan number at tynecastle that was a shocker.

Was Riordan not also booked at Tynie for high and late challenge on Andy Driver?

Drylaw Hearts
I think there is more chance the managers have asked there playerd to get stuck in to us becuase they feel our players are more likely to lose the rag... like Nade against Dundee Utd.

Agreed.

Spot on I think our players deserve great credit for rising above the Hibernian hammer throwers tactics on Sun, day.

pish.

I'm listening to radio scotland at the minute. Whilst talking ahead of Aberdeen's game tonight against Kilmarnock that fat sack of pus Calderwood couldn't resist telling Charlie Mann how well they played against Hearts, as they're a, yes you've guessed it, "big physical team"!

:sobored:

It's unbelievable how often he trots that garbage out. He's a deluded fool. Always will be.

I'm listening to radio scotland at the minute. Whilst talking ahead of Aberdeen's game tonight against Kilmarnock that fat sack of pus Calderwood couldn't resist telling Charlie Mann how well they played against Hearts, as they're a, yes you've guessed it, "big physical team"!

:sobored:

It's unbelievable how often he trots that garbage out. He's a deluded fool. Always will be.

FFS!

Chesny, Driver, Wallace, Aguiar, Thompson, Glen, Obua, Miko, Stewart, Jonsson aren't exactly "big physical" players. They make up the bulk of our team/squad.

I wish these muppets would stfu!

heartgarfunkel

Without being overly dramatic, or conspiratorial, I believe that there has been a synthesis of SFA animosity, media hostility, and opposition managers which as led to Hearts being perceived as 'foreign', 'physical', and 'cheats'. Some referees, journalists and managers are worse than others, but at times, it seems that 'open season' has been declared on Hearts.

The unpunished elbow into Nade against Dundee Utd at Tynecastle in front of the referee which precipitated his unwise retaliation....

The ludicrous and disgusting Berra and Zaliukas witch-hunts of recent weeks....

The list could go on.

I'm hoping Hibs and their odious disgrace of a 'manager' making such an outrageous Gareth Hunt of themselves on Sunday and thereafter might bring some closure to this. I'm not holding my breath though. Hearts would have been nationally pilloried and villified had we played the role of Hibs since Sunday. They are getting off with it far too lightly - the ****ing professional failures that these muppets are!:108years:

It`s a man`s game and a hard game but you must play within the rules and as Csaba says, play with control.

Hibs players continuously dived in on us and i really don`t know what they are whingeing about. That wee rat Stevenson done it all day in both derbies and finally he got a card on Sunday.

I feel it`s Fatelainen that has shafted his own team. To instruct your team to get in really hard was misleading especially as it`s clear quite a few of his players can`t tackle.

The main thing for me is to make sure your team at least closes down the space and then tackle properly, not lunge in time after time.

Yes and of course a favourite comment from the opposition manager's is to remind everybody that we are a big physical team!!!!:eek:

one of my friends indicated to me that the average size of our team is 5ft 11inch...if true hardly "a big physical team"!!!!!

for physical players, you need look no further than rangers tonight. there's been some amount of rough house stuff. as ever they get every opportunity to refrain from fouling before they get a booking. boyd just clattered a boy in the coupon with an elbow and craig paterson immediately wails that it's never a booking!!!!

just watch killie on saturday too! JJ always has them up for it and they boot the ***** outta us - remember the "tackle" on Neil McCann? Their boy didn't even get spoken to!

Archived