Neil Chuck berry

Rods

Guys a bit of help here what year did Mr Berry leave Hearts and where did he go ?

Last game July 1996 and then to Falkirk

He played really well against Hearts for 89 mins in the 1998 Scottish Cup semi.

Then Neil McCann just stepped it up a notch or two.

Buffalo Bill

Cheers guys

Watching the 90 goals against hibs dvd on sunday(the dodgy version)

It was a game in around 1995 Hearts one a penalty all my mates were convinced it was chuck I thought it was Stevie Frail

I thought it was frail due to the fact that he had number two on his back.

Cheers guys

Watching the 90 goals against hibs dvd on sunday(the dodgy version)

It was a game in around 1995 Hearts one a penalty all my mates were convinced it was chuck I thought it was Stevie Frail

I thought it was frail due to the fact that he had number two on his back.

If the guy ran like he had two hairs in his erse tied together,that was Chuck:)

The copy of the dvd is pretty poor but the run seemed to much for old chuck for me

Only time will I will get the exact date of the game and check out london hearts.

Drylaw Hearts
Yep, he came to us along with Craig Nelson if i remember correctly

Berry joined Hearts from Bolton around '84 or '85.

Nelson joined from Partick 7 or 8 years later.

Goldstone Wonder

I actually think Berra runs with a similar gait to Berry. Great season in 85-86 but after that I thought he became a bit of a liability.

Does anyone remember if we swapped Falkirk Berry and Hagen for Fulton ?

Berry left at the end of 95/96.

The Hagan/Fulton swap was during 95/96.

I think it's fair to say we got the better deal.

Buffalo Bill

Berry joined Hearts from Bolton around '84 or '85.

Nelson joined from Partick 7 or 8 years later.

Think Ceske is a Falkirk fan DH, so in this case, "us" means The Bairns.

Drylaw Hearts

Buffalo Bill

I think it's fair to say you're right !!

A friend of mine was told by Billy Brown that Hearts were trying it on when they proposed the Hagen/Fulton swap and didn't really expect Falkirk to accept it.

Recall Berry scoring an amazing bundesliga'esque style header against Ceptic in a 1-0 win over them on a wet midweek night thus ending their long unbeaten run at the time :)

I remember Berry scoring the winner against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park in a Scottish Cup game on the way to the Final in 96. The away end was packed and Chucks name was being sung all the way back to the bus after. Great days. :)

I always remember Chucks tackle on Mickey Weir at ER. :eek:

Not so much a tackle as a demolition - and never got booked! :tongue:

Drylaw Hearts
I always remember Chucks tackle on Mickey Weir at ER. :eek:

Not so much a tackle as a demolition - and never got booked! :tongue:

Wasn't it Paul Wright ?

Wee story about neil ,been mates wi him and his brothers since school (all good jambos)

we used to go to all the away games when his dad used to drive us through, well we stop in a wee hotel outside kilmarnock on the way to the scottish cup game in 96 .

Inside the place is full of killie fans and one jambo who has been working down there for a few years. Guy proceeds to tell us how good it is to be sitting wi some jambos for a change,tottally unaware that neil,s dad and two brothers are in his company.

We all have a few beers and start talkin about the team and the next minute this guy starts saying how we woul,d be a no bad team apart from that erse neil berry.

After me and my mate (unrelated) stopped laughing and let the guy in on who,s company he was sittin in the guy proceeded to run to the toilet wi the biggest red coupon ever took ages before he came oot and humbly apologised.

I'll always remember sitting in the upper stand at Ibrox and watchin Chuck zeroing in on McCoist who was hairing down the left wing. Chuck went from the right wing in a diagonal and all the Jambos were goin "whhooooooaaaa" till he put Coisty over the advertising hoardings. Top quality.

paul plooky wright was chucks bitch.

A proper ugly bassa, you couldn't roll a marble from his cheek to his chin:108years:

Buffalo Bill

Agreed! But the truly unbelievable thing was that John Lambie (Falkirk manager at the time) told the press that he would wager his house that they got the better deal.

I imagine he's sleeping under a bridge nowadays.

Colonel Kurtz
Wee story about neil ,been mates wi him and his brothers since school (all good jambos)

we used to go to all the away games when his dad used to drive us through, well we stop in a wee hotel outside kilmarnock on the way to the scottish cup game in 96 .

Inside the place is full of killie fans and one jambo who has been working down there for a few years. Guy proceeds to tell us how good it is to be sitting wi some jambos for a change,tottally unaware that neil,s dad and two brothers are in his company.

We all have a few beers and start talkin about the team and the next minute this guy starts saying how we woul,d be a no bad team apart from that erse neil berry.

After me and my mate (unrelated) stopped laughing and let the guy in on who,s company he was sittin in the guy proceeded to run to the toilet wi the biggest red coupon ever took ages before he came oot and humbly apologised.

chucks a great guy,bit of a dodgy spark mind you.

every time I flush my toilet ,the fountain in my back garden comes on

chucks a great guy,bit of a dodgy spark mind you.

every time I flush my toilet ,the fountain in my back garden comes on

Driving the taxis last time i spoke to him dinnae remember him being a spark.

Colonel Kurtz
Driving the taxis last time i spoke to him dinnae remember him being a spark.

he didnae last long...always had a short fuse.

Remember his debut at Tannadice (Think it was also Hearts 6000th goal which Jimmy Bone scored, but we got humped 5-2 I think).

Just saw this shock of blonde hair running from one side of the pitch to the other and taking the United player, ball, everything into the stand. Thought there and then that he would do for me

Archived