You're talking a load of fish Mixu

slfjambo

By ROBERT MARTIN

Published: Today

CHRISTOPHE BERRA has hit back at Mixu Paatelainen?s claim he got Steven Fletcher sent off by leaping like a fish.

And the Hearts skipper insisted: I?m no diver!

Hibs manager Paatelainen is refusing to back down over his criticism of referee Craig Thomson?s decision to send off his striker.

He branded the decision he claims changed the course of Sunday?s Scottish Cup tie ?a bloody joke?.

However Berra protested his innocence and insisted all he was guilty of was trying to avoid Fletcher?s lunge.

He rubbished Paatelainen?s jibe that he made the most of the injury so the Hibs hitman would be sent off.

Berra rapped: ?It wasn?t a dive or anything like that.

?If I had stayed on two feet I could maybe have had a serious injury.

?I was being sensible ? I wasn?t trying to feign injury or get the referee to give out a red card.

?I was just looking out for my own safety.?

Paatelainen accused the Jambos star of ?jumping like a brown trout? to convince ref Thomson he?d been clobbered.

And he claimed Hibs would have won had the Scotland striker stayed on the pitch.

But Berra added: ?Fletcher gave the ball away and I took a touch which was a little heavy. It was clearly a 50/50 for a second.

?But I just poked my toe in front and got rid of the ball, and as he came in I jumped to avoid the tackle.?

Paatelainen, though, praised Fletcher for carrying out his instructions.

The Hibs boss said: ?I am asking my players to work hard both defensively and offensively.

?I ask them to do their best to win the ball back when we don?t have it and Steven did exactly that.

?He showed fantastic spirit and work ethic.

?There was nothing malicious in it at all, he did not go over the ball, he didn?t go for the leg or ankle.

?He went for the ball and his foot was planted before Berra jumped which made it look very, very bad and the referee was caught by it.

?Fletcher did not foul him ? as far as I am concerned it was a bloody joke.?

Berra reckons Hearts? task at Easter Road was made HARDER by the fact Hibs were down to ten men.

Christian Nade gave them the lead, but they didn?t seal a last-16 spot until Gary Glen?s injury-time strike.

Berra said: ?No matter what game it is, if you?re only 1-0 up, the longer it goes on the other team gets confidence.

?It can take anything to score a goal, it can be a deflection, a lucky goal or even an own goal.

?They were down to ten men, but sometimes it is very difficult to play against ten.

?We went down to ten men against St Mirren earlier in the season and we went on to win that 1-0. It does maybe put a bit of pressure on you to make an impact in the game.

?But I think we played well in the second half and the second goal looked as if it was coming for a long time.

?I know it was the Scottish Cup and that on its own was an incentive, but it was a derby game against Hibs and there is no better place to win than Easter Road.

?You could see from the reaction of the boys at the end and after the second goal we were all loving it.?

Berra was booked early on but added: ?I didn?t feel under any pressure. I felt the ref had a great game.

?I am a clever boy and I know when to be careful.

?I think I made one foul in the whole game and that says it all. I went for my challenges and worked hard.?

:108years::108years::108years:

?He went for the ball and his foot was planted before Berra jumped which made it look very, very bad and the referee was caught by it.

Surely an appointment at Numbskull Towers to answer the powers that be for bringing the game into disrepute?

Tynecastle Valhalla

?I know it was the Scottish Cup and that on its own was an incentive, but it was a derby game against Hibs and there is no better place to win than Easter Road.

?You could see from the reaction of the boys at the end and after the second goal we were all loving it.?

love those sentances

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Mixu go on a diet you fat waste of space:108years::108years:

I see the Fat "trout" finn has found a new wumon.

ash_thumb.jpg

I refer the fat fin to

1. Fyssas sending off v Maloney / Celtic

2. Zaliukas sending off v Wilkie / D Utd

None / minimal contact in both, both red.

I personally equate Sundays red to that of Miko's v Ferguson / Rangers. Harsh decisions but can see why it was given

Welcome to the club Hobos

Notice he failed to mention the two-footed Bambi challenge.

Think some of his comments might come back to haunt him as he is basically praising Fletcher for a late lunging tackle of which there is no question whether or not it was a foul.

He is clearly losing the plot and is proving to us once and for all that he is the fat **** we always suspected that he was.

I refer the fat fin to

1. Fyssas sending off v Maloney / Celtic

2. Zaliukas sending off v Wilkie / D Utd

None / minimal contact in both, both red.

I personally equate Sundays red to that of Miko's v Ferguson / Rangers. Harsh decisions but can see why it was given

Welcome to the club Hobos

Why was it harsh?

Full force into a tackle. without any attempt to play the ball, and caught Berra with his trailing leg due to the nature of the tackle.

Only Fletcher will really know if he 'went' for Berra. His body language once sent off, including no apology, gives credence that it was on purpose.

maroonlegions
Why was it harsh?

Full force into a tackle. without any attempt to play the ball, and caught Berra with his trailing leg due to the nature of the tackle.

Only Fletcher will really know if he 'went' for Berra. His body language once sent off, including no apology, gives credence that it was on purpose.

Spot on, WHY no protests or ANY signs of injustice from Fletcher, WHY did he just leave the park like a GUILTY man.;)

By ROBERT MARTIN

Published: Today

CHRISTOPHE BERRA has hit back at Mixu Paatelainen?s claim he got Steven Fletcher sent off by leaping like a fish.

And the Hearts skipper insisted: I?m no diver!

Hibs manager Paatelainen is refusing to back down over his criticism of referee Craig Thomson?s decision to send off his striker.

He branded the decision he claims changed the course of Sunday?s Scottish Cup tie ?a bloody joke?.

However Berra protested his innocence and insisted all he was guilty of was trying to avoid Fletcher?s lunge.

He rubbished Paatelainen?s jibe that he made the most of the injury so the Hibs hitman would be sent off.

Berra rapped: ?It wasn?t a dive or anything like that.

?If I had stayed on two feet I could maybe have had a serious injury.

?I was being sensible ? I wasn?t trying to feign injury or get the referee to give out a red card.

?I was just looking out for my own safety.?

Paatelainen accused the Jambos star of ?jumping like a brown trout? to convince ref Thomson he?d been clobbered.

And he claimed Hibs would have won had the Scotland striker stayed on the pitch.

But Berra added: ?Fletcher gave the ball away and I took a touch which was a little heavy. It was clearly a 50/50 for a second.

?But I just poked my toe in front and got rid of the ball, and as he came in I jumped to avoid the tackle.?

Paatelainen, though, praised Fletcher for carrying out his instructions.

The Hibs boss said: ?I am asking my players to work hard both defensively and offensively.

?I ask them to do their best to win the ball back when we don?t have it and Steven did exactly that.

?He showed fantastic spirit and work ethic.

?There was nothing malicious in it at all, he did not go over the ball, he didn?t go for the leg or ankle.

Berra reckons Hearts? task at Easter Road was made HARDER by the fact Hibs were down to ten men.

Christian Nade gave them the lead, but they didn?t seal a last-16 spot until Gary Glen?s injury-time strike.

Berra said: ?No matter what game it is, if you?re only 1-0 up, the longer it goes on the other team gets confidence.

?It can take anything to score a goal, it can be a deflection, a lucky goal or even an own goal.

?They were down to ten men, but sometimes it is very difficult to play against ten.

?We went down to ten men against St Mirren earlier in the season and we went on to win that 1-0. It does maybe put a bit of pressure on you to make an impact in the game.

?But I think we played well in the second half and the second goal looked as if it was coming for a long time.

Berra was booked early on but added: ?I didn?t feel under any pressure. I felt the ref had a great game.

?I am a clever boy and I know when to be careful.

?I think I made one foul in the whole game and that says it all. I went for my challenges and worked hard.?

:108years::108years::108years:

OK then Mixu, now look at the picture in the back page of yesterday's Daily ****** and say all that again with a straight face. Feckin tube.

All just the hysterical rantings of a man who knows his job is on the line. From what I've heard Petrie and Co are far from impressed with his utterings over the past few weeks and are livid about his behaviour on Sunday.

Maybe we'll see a sign on his office door before too long - Gone Fishin'.

Carl Spackler
Spot on, WHY no protests or ANY signs of injustice from Fletcher, WHY did he just leave the park like a GUILTY man.;)

You shouldn't criticise the boy for that. The tackle yes but taking his medicine no.

Mixu on the other hand! Well done Berra, perfect retort.

As Fletcher walks off the pitch watch how mixu shouts at him, it certainly isnt "unlucky pal!"

So if Mixu really believes in what he now says, why shout at his own player?

I cannot understand any of the fat eejit's comments, as there was no leap. Also Berra didn't roll around like he had been shot.

He went down when clattered and stayed down in 1 position holding his ankle which was caught by Fletcher.

How he can suggest that Berra dived or made a meal of the challenge is beyond me.

What a sore loser.

Johanes de Silentio

****in' go'n yersel', Chris! Get tore right in aboot the lyin' fat ****!

Actually, Berra's responses have been very dignified, IMO.

Interesting to note that in a previous life Mixu, working under the assumed name 'Barry', drank like a fish too...

MIXU:

eastender_150.jpg

Mixu failed to notice that Rearend should also have been red carded.

Or Rob Jones handling the ball in his own penalty box.

Or the fact that his team is complete and utter horse dung.

And I wish one of the media had asked him if Jim Jeffries started crying when Killie got a man sent off AND had 2 penalties awarded against them at the San Giro recently??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO

They just went and PUMPED the flair meisters 4-2.

Dry yer eyes sumo boy.

Archived