Michael Stewart for sale? please?

Bzzzz

I was so hopeful at the start of the season he started pretty well... since then he's been nothing short of gash! can we gie him back te Hibs?

If I remember right the last time we won a game with him in the side Bruno was playing... when Stewart doesn't play.... what happens??? when he does?

Dunno what's goin on wi him but he's been miles off the game fer ages.

loveofthegame

He's a strange one, a very strange one. At his best he can be very good, but that seems to happen so rarely that he just doesn't seem worth it-runs about like a heedless chicken and offers next to nothing. Ship him out

Really odd case Stewart. Perhaps it?s the weather or comparative fitness levels after the summer but he starts seasons on fire and by about 5 games in he?s dreadful...

Sick and tired of him throwing a strop and waving his arms about when a decision goes the other way or another player screws up. Everyone has colleagues who mess up now and again, except most people just accept it and get on with it FFS.

rudi must stay
I was so hopeful at the start of the season he started pretty well... since then he's been nothing short of gash! can we gie him back te Hibs?

If I remember right the last time we won a game with him in the side Bruno was playing... when Stewart doesn't play.... what happens??? when he does?

Dunno what's goin on wi him but he's been miles off the game fer ages.

if we sell him though he'll play well for someone else. that's the type of player he is

The Old Tolbooth
csaba done him a favour by leaving him out yesterday.

He also done every single Hearts supporter a favour too mate, I was over the moon to see he wasn't starting :D

Guest jambomickey
He also done every single Hearts supporter a favour too mate, I was over the moon to see he wasn't starting :D

agree with you mate:)

Well done to Csaba for leaving him out yesterday - I think Csaba is starting to see that we play better without him in the team.

I didn't know it was that simple. Do any of the other 10 players In maroon have a role to play?

It seem's the new boo boy's target has been chosen. Yes Stewert isn't playing well but we all know there Is a player in there as proved by his early season form complete with Scotland call up. Get off the guy's back and help get his confidence back as he could be a asset for our team.

The last 4 games tell their own story as far as Stewart is concerned.

On the unbeaten run Stewart only played 2 or 3 games IIRC.

He came back in against Aberdeen and we played badly and lost.

He played against Hibs and then Motherwell, both games we showed no creatvity.

He sits out yesterday and we play better than we have done since we played Celtic.

This is his second season and the same old story.

He is just not going to cut it on a regular basis.

Optimus Prime

The problem with Stewart was he had too much too early in his career. He thought he had made it and his hunger and professionalism went out the window. The penny still hasn't dropped with him and he still thinks he's a superstar. Time to let him go.

I didn't know it was that simple. Do any of the other 10 players In maroon have a role to play?

It seem's the new boo boy's target has been chosen. Yes Stewert isn't playing well but we all know there Is a player in there as proved by his early season form complete with Scotland call up. Get off the guy's back and help get his confidence back as he could be a asset for our team.

Agreed he is the new easy target=with obua, just short of confidence IMO.

But it seems some fans need someone to vent there spline on ,saying that big Zal is only one bad pass from being there as well and defo not helped by Mr G Mackay calling him a "bombscare" every week! We just have to trust Csaba I think he did get it right leaving Mickey out on sunday but he"ll be back!

The last 4 games tell their own story as far as Stewart is concerned.

On the unbeaten run Stewart only played 2 or 3 games IIRC.

He came back in against Aberdeen and we played badly and lost.

He played against Hibs and then Motherwell, both games we showed no creatvity.

He sits out yesterday and we play better than we have done since we played Celtic.

This is his second season and the same old story.

He is just not going to cut it on a regular basis.

I think that's a bit harsh on Stewart tbh.

As we play a 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 Stewart simply doesn't fit into that formation.

Central to the formation are Karapidis and Ruben - two holding midfielders who can move the ball on. at any point the formation is flexible so it could be a 4-2-3-1 for example, but key to it are the two holding midfielders.

Someone like Agiuar has the ability, nouse, intelligence, whatever, to play in front of the holding two, behind the centre forward. Obua almost did this yesterday too (and was better when they went to 10 men as he had (for once) the time he appears to need.)

Last week when we moved to a more orthodox 4-4-2 after Thomson went off and karapidis went bach to centre half, it was obvious Stewart came on to a better game.

It's horses for courses and at the moment Stewart is surplus to requirements given the system that Laszlo employs. Doesn't mean he is a bad player, as everyone has said he showed in the first few weeks of the season his capabilities.

All IMHO, of course.

Why must we always have somebody to lynch? Pathetic and needless.

Stewart was probably our best player for the first 5-6 games. Yes he's off form at them moment but he's a decent player on his day and not a bad player to have in the squad. You need more than just 11 good players to do well over a season.

Some jambos just need somebody to chastise at all times.....at least Robbie will get a break for a bit.

Stewart is not a bad player, but I don't see him as a thirty game a season player. I expect him to come back strongly in the final third of the season and give us an added dimension to the team on the drying pitches. Could be wrong though.

Why must we always have somebody to lynch? Pathetic and needless.

Stewart was probably our best player for the first 5-6 games. Yes he's off form at them moment but he's a decent player on his day and not a bad player to have in the squad. You need more than just 11 good players to do well over a season.

Some jambos just need somebody to chastise at all times.....at least Robbie will get a break for a bit.

Great post.

Is it just me or are Hearts fans particularly bad for this? We won a cup derby yesterday, but let's have a go at one of our subs.

Yes, our decent run coincided with Stewart's suspension.

But it also coincided with Robbie's return, Bruno's return, Csnavicius being dropped, Driver's return to full fitness and, probably most importantly, Csaba was beginning to get his message across and mould his team.

But let's put it down to Stewart's absence. I think you call that the Fundamental Attribution Error. That should do his confidence a lot of good should he be sad enough to read Kickback.

Still, at least it takes the heat off Obua. I was delighted when he was involved in the goal yesterday.

Next week: have you noticed that without Robbie playing, both our strikers scored? Also, it looked close to a full moon yesterday, which probably explains a lot about the Hibs performance.

The problem with Stwart is that he talks a far better game than any other player I've seen. Unfortunately he doesn't play a better game than anyone. He'll prob become the next SAF!!!!

Dr Ian Malcolm

I agree he's out of form, but its hardly a reason to sell the guy. What if we'd done the same with Hartley after 18 months?

Keep him on the bench for now so he can play his way back in gradually as a sub, and when he is needed, he knows he has to produce to keep his place. When he plays well he's a very good player for us - maybe up until now he hasn't had to play like that to stay in the side.

Why bring this up now? Or why ever to be honest? Yes he hasnt been at his best recently but Im sure he'll get back to the form he was showing early on this season. He gives his all for the team and Im sure he will come good again.

markletissier

i like the guy, just needs to know when it's appropriate to run around chasing every ball and to keep the head obviously.

he seems to be our PR officer as well ha.

I think it's very sad that after knocking the tramps out the cup we are slating a guy who didn't even play yesterday.Give it a rest guys.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I still back Mikey Stewart.

Buffalo Bill

Great post.

This ripping into Stewart phase is getting beyond a joke. He wasn't even involved yesterday and folk are still having a go FFS.

Give him a chance.

said it for ages ginger destroyer bad fo team bad for dressing room bad for club

Maybe John Collins was right about him being a bad influence in the dressing room, mind you, in typical Michael Stewart style, he starts the season well and always falls away in October when the weather takes a turn for the worse, he's been like that for years, he'll likely start playing well around March time and also be in excellent form come August again!

Craigy_Jambo4Life

Stewart's a strange one. As many have alluded to, his form in the Summer was awesome; making great runs into the box, and playing some sublime passes. Since then, his contribution to the team has been minimal.

However, if anyone is conducive to Stewart recapturing his form, it'll be Csaba.

Mikey Stewart thinks he is better than he is.

When he EVENTUALLY realises this fact and looks at himself in the mirror without seeing Paul Scholes looking back at him, he'll be able to concentrate opn his faults and set about correcting them.

Until that day, he will continue to act like a superstar, make crap passes, even worse set pieces and get angry as feck at his own failures.

Archived