Who will win the EPL ??

Sydney from Sydney

Sydney from Sydney

Seems Ferguson has Benitez psyched out just like he did to Keegan when Newcastle were ahead in the table years ago. The Liverpool coach's recent statements are reminiscent of King Kev when he flipped at Fergie's comments when Toon Team looked certs for the title. I'm not discounting Chelsea or the Scousers, but my money's on old plooky puss.

Chelsea FC are suffering a downturn in form at the moment but will come back to win it. Fact.

Blue is the colour. :)

Chelsea FC are suffering a downturn in form at the moment but will come back to win it. Fact.

A pint of what he's had please! :tongue:

I P Knightley
Seems Ferguson has Benitez psyched out just like he did to Keegan when Newcastle were ahead in the table years ago. The Liverpool coach's recent statements are reminiscent of King Kev when he flipped at Fergie's comments when Toon Team looked certs for the title. I'm not discounting Chelsea or the Scousers, but my money's on old plooky puss.

Can anyone remember about the Keegan rant? At the time, how far ahead of ManYoo were Newcastle in the table? What stage of the season was it and how long after it did ManYoo overhaul them in the table?

Cheers

It's good to see Chelsea fans haven't lost their sense of humour in what must have been a difficult time for you all. :)

It's good to see Chelsea fans haven't lost their sense of humour in what must have been a difficult time for you all. :)

Every team has a run of bad form during the season and this is ours. We'll be out of it soon and back playing the magnificent football I know we're capable of.

Blue is the colour......:)

Can anyone remember about the Keegan rant? At the time, how far ahead of ManYoo were Newcastle in the table? What stage of the season was it and how long after it did ManYoo overhaul them in the table?

Cheers

United were already past Newcastle at that stage, and the die was cast: there was only one game left. All Keegan's frustration from the horrific nature of the Toon's last gasp defeats at Anfield and Ewood Park - and their crucial, tide turning 1-0 defeat to the Mancs at SJP, when Peter Schmeichel produced the best display of his entire career - just came pouring out.

Arsenal! I hope :laugh:

If im being serious I Arsenal at the start of the season but Utd will probably win it, theyl get some great decisons by the FA and win the league.

I mean why was Rooney not sent off yesterday, never knew you can tell a ref to **** off to his face and get away with it.

But Utd looked decent yesterday

My top 4 finish

Manchester United

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Villa

I think :mw_rolleyes:

Every team has a run of bad form during the season and this is ours. We'll be out of it soon and back playing the magnificent football I know we're capable of.

The evidence actually suggests that Chelsea have been in very slow, almost imperceptible decline since the second half of 2005/6, when Man Utd started to wake up, and Chelsea began their journey back towards the pack. Now you have an ageing team, signings such as Deco simply haven't worked, and the money isn't there to bring in quality reinforcements. 3rd place beckons I'd say.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If im being serious I Arsenal at the start of the season but Utd will probably win it, theyl get some great decisons by the FA and win the league.

I mean why was Rooney not sent off yesterday, never knew you can tell a ref to **** off to his face and get away with it.

My top 4 finish

Manchester United

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Villa

Yeah, like that blatant pull in the box on Ronaldo which ended in a free kick for Chelsea.

Or that perfectly fine disallowed goal. :mw_rolleyes:

Arsenal won't even make the top 4 mate. Be realistic.

:rolleyes: How was the game yesterday??

C'MOAN THE MAN U!!!!

I don't support them, have never seen them play live, I just HATE the Chelski Plastic cockney brigade...Engerland's version Celtic in my book!! :D

My top 4 finish

Manchester United

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Villa

Kearney, Kearney... I do admire your epic conviction on this messageboard - but are you ever going to take those Arsenal spectacles off, just for a moment? Last season, you were telling us how you were going to win the league, then how you'd have won the CL had you got past Liverpool! You really do have a lot to learn...

King of the North

Man Utd, featuring Darren Fletcher, Ji Sung Park, Johnny Evans and a 35 yr old winger in midfield absolutely dismantled a full strength Chelsea side yesterday. They did it without the likes of Anderson, Ferdinand, Tevez, Scholes and Carrick.

Chelsea lost more than a match there - they showed they have no guts, no soul and have no chance of the title.

Ferguson was right at the start of the season - it is impossible for this Chelsea team to improve on last season. Terry is a shadow of the player he was, Drogba is a petulant gimp, and Lampard looks as if he would rather be elsewhere.

By the end of Feb Man Utd will be 6 points clear - by the end of March they could well have won it. Unless Liverpool are capable of maintaining a challenge, which I am not sure they are.

United were imperious yesterday - utterly brilliant. As a dessert to the main course of the humiliation of the hobos, it was a perfect match.

Yeah, like that blatant pull in the box on Ronaldo which ended in a free kick for Chelsea.

On this subject, does anyone have a definitive answer on whether it was legitamate or not? The sneaky corner was highlighted by Soccer AM last season and quite a few goals were scored from it. My opinion was that Rooney hadn't released the ball from his foot in this case so it wasn't seen as a valid corner, but was that why it was disallowed? Or did it just confuse the officials?

Honestly mark my words they will.

Chelsea look ****ed, they will fade away soon.

Liverpool will choke, I mean they cant even beat Stoke, Arsenal are grinding out results theyl catch up, Arsenal I think will beat Hull this weekend, Liverpool will I think draw V Everton at home.

Arsenal will pick up with speed.

Villa will start to drop points soon, I can see it being what i predicted.

And remember when Tottenham bottled it last day of the season a few years back and Arsenal made 4th on the last day, Arsenal wont finish top 4, come on! c:laugh:

Yeah, Ronaldo was pulled, but the amount of theatrics he was pulling, was laughing when he got chopped and was in agony rolling around, next minute hes sprinting up the poitch!

No wonder he never got a penalty because hes a theatrical player, more time rolling about on the pitch than going for goal he does.

He doesnt even want to play for Utd.

And the disalowed goal, ball was not even in the corner when he 1st hit it and the ball was still moving, right to be chopped off

Utd will win the league

:rolleyes: How was the game yesterday??

Don't know. I didn't see it, but from what I am led to believe it was not one of our better performances.

Oh, and lay off the comparisons with ra sellik. :mad: Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Kearney, Kearney... I do admire your epic conviction on this messageboard - but are you ever going to take those Arsenal spectacles off, just for a moment? Last season, you were telling us how you were going to win the league, then how you'd have won the CL had you got past Liverpool! You really do have a lot to learn...

I just said Utd will win the league! Thats biased from an Arsenal fan!

Arsenal would have won the league if stupid things never happened, the Lehmann howler V Blackburn, Eduardos injury, Gallasgate etc etc and other things im not a bitter man its just what I think.

The CL was a complete joke, if any neutral fan watched it and think Liverpool deserved it over 2 legs somethings is wrong with their brains.

The brilliant dives by Dirk Kuyt and Babel and the theatrics of Stevie G just summed up Liverpool for me.

But its in the past and Arsenal experience in the top 4 will push them to 2nd and Championsleague Glory!

:laugh::laugh:

On this subject, does anyone have a definitive answer on whether it was legitamate or not? The sneaky corner was highlighted by Soccer AM last season and quite a few goals were scored from it. My opinion was that Rooney hadn't released the ball from his foot in this case so it wasn't seen as a valid corner, but was that why it was disallowed? Or did it just confuse the officials?

The official line was that he hadn't alerted the linesman. But why do you have to alert the lino? Do you alert them when you are about to swing it in? What makes it any different from that?

My view is the linesman wasn't switched on and never realised what had happened.

It's unsporting conduct or some pish. I would call it exciting, inventive football though.

Well done refs on making the game even worse.

Can't see past Manchester United for the title. Liverpool are losing far too many points against teams they should be beating if they have aspirations of winning the league, Chelsea have been struggling for ages now, Arsenal are nowhere and Aston Villa are unlikely to last the pace, although I reckon they will finish top 4.

Honestly mark my words they will.

Chelsea look ****ed, they will fade away soon.

Liverpool will choke, I mean they cant even beat Stoke, Arsenal are grinding out results theyl catch up, Arsenal I think will beat Hull this weekend, Liverpool will I think draw V Everton at home.

Arsenal will pick up with speed.

Villa will start to drop points soon, I can see it being what i predicted.

And remember when Tottenham bottled it last day of the season a few years back and Arsenal made 4th on the last day, Arsenal wont finish top 4, come on! c:laugh:

Yeah, Ronaldo was pulled, but the amount of theatrics he was pulling, was laughing when he got chopped and was in agony rolling around, next minute hes sprinting up the poitch!

No wonder he never got a penalty because hes a theatrical player, more time rolling about on the pitch than going for goal he does.

He doesnt even want to play for Utd.

And the disalowed goal, ball was not even in the corner when he 1st hit it and the ball was still moving, right to be chopped off

Utd will win the league

Sorry, there are so many faults in that post I don't even know where to begin.

You just wait and see where Arsenal finish.

Don't know. I didn't see it, but from what I am led to believe it was not one of our better performances.

Oh, and lay off the comparisons with ra sellik. :mad: Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Chelsea were MURDER yesterday...They had less fight than the Hobo's...Is that better, English version of the Hobo's!! :mw_rolleyes:

Arsenal won't win anything because their players don't dive or do theatrics.

Nope, never even a slight dive from the brave Arsenal lads. And they have never had players who dive.

I just said Utd will win the league! Thats biased from an Arsenal fan!

Arsenal would have won the league if stupid things never happened, the Lehmann howler V Blackburn, Eduardos injury, Gallasgate etc etc and other things im not a bitter man its just what I think.

The CL was a complete joke, if any neutral fan watched it and think Liverpool deserved it over 2 legs somethings is wrong with their brains.

The brilliant dives by Dirk Kuyt and Babel and the theatrics of Stevie G just summed up Liverpool for me.

But its in the past and Arsenal experience in the top 4 will push them to 2nd and Championsleague Glory!

:laugh::laugh:

Liverpool did deserve it over the two legs. They had the bite, nous and experience which Arsenal lacked. You didn't win the league because you didn't (and still don't) have the squad, man! Is it really that difficult to grasp? You were overachieving for a good half or two thirds of the season - then reality caught up with you.

Football's not about making constant excuses. It's about how you respond to setbacks. Say what you want about Fergie - and I frequently do! - but his team picks itself up and gets on with it. Wenger moans and blames others for his own mistakes; and blinkered Arsenal fans point the finger at 'cheating' opponents while saying nothing at all about their own players, who dive and throw themselves around with the best of 'em.

Liverpool will choke, I mean they cant even beat Stoke,

Whereas Arsenal lost there!

Fulham (a) L0-1

Hull (h) L1-2

Tottenham (h) D4-4

Stoke (a) L1-2

Villa (h) L0-2

Man C (a) L0-3

And you think a side with results like these will finish 2nd?! What I think's happened is the Big Four has become the Big Three, with Chelsea struggling to remain in the very elite too. However much more competitive the EPL has been, the Big Three have only lost games to each other, with the sole exception of Liverpool's reverse at Tottenham.

Time was when Arsenal could be relied upon to finish in the top 2 even when you'd been largely disappointing, as in 1999/0 or 2000/1. But the very real evidence of the past four and a half years is you have to considerably overachieve in order to contend for the title, and on the sole occasion you did, ended up only 3rd. Read it and weep, Kearney.

Archived