Stewart

JamboAl

Another victory with our wonder passer absent - apart from his cameo appearance.

While not enamoured with the selection of Obua, who towards the end was coming on to a good game with his left foot at least, I feared we would finish with 10 men if MS had been chosen.

Well done Csaba.

This is totally unfair. I thought MS had his best game in a Hearts jersey and never wasted a pass all afternoon :rolleyes:

He contributed more in 30 seconds than he had done for the previous 3 games by not touching the ball.

The St Mirren game at Love Street where MS got himself sent off in the first half (as well as Bruno's return not long before that) and the unbeaten run it sparked threw up all sorts of interesting questions and permutations.

Were we suddenly playing like a team and winning matches because:

a) Miko was out

B) Robbie was back

c) Bruno was back

d) Zaliukas was suspended

e) Stewart was out?

Gradually, over the last ten games or so, I think things have become clearer. Zaliukas has been back in the team and we have won. Robbie was out yesterday and we won (although I think he has been fantastic for us recently). Bruno was out and we won yesterday - although I'd like to see him back as soon as possible. Miko we are not missing, although I like him.

Which leaves us with Michael Stewart. I'm no Stewart hater, but I am forced to conclude that currently we do not play well when he is in the starting line-up. He has played in most of our matches this season. He has not played a significant role in most of the matches we have won this season.

Archived