What is this Yams nonsense?

Eggo

this_is_my_story
That's right, "sister fisting", "aids ridden", "peg selling", "*****" "gayboys" just reeks of quality.

Those terms don't have to 'reek of quality'. They just have to reek of the truth, which in this case, they most certainly do.

Hope this helps. :)

Maybe it's because most of the retards have speech impediments which limits their vocal abilities. Just the same way as their brain damage limits their ability to think logically.

Guest GhostHunter

I find it extremely laughable, not to mention childish that every thread that is about us "Yams" is highlighted in the thread title as [YAMS]

Or....all Hearts fans are singled out on their board and their user titles and signatures are changed to block "funnies".

That's discrimination IMO and should be stamped out.

Heard last night that the Birmingham fans know the Wolves fans as "Dingles". I think that fits in well with the manky mob.

Hobos = Dingles

This has been interesting,but ive still not got my answer...that lot must be racking there wee brains trying to come up with a sensible reply.

Typical Hambolinas:laugh:

What is that about,maybe youve posted the wrong link...you silly little Hambolina:mw_rolleyes:

Is it not the post where I say that "I'm guessing: Yams - Jams - Jamtarts - Hearts" is correct?

If so, does this not answer your question?

Is it not the post where I say that "I'm guessing: Yams - Jams - Jamtarts - Hearts" is correct?

If so, does this not answer your question?

Of course it doesnt,its a guess:mw_rolleyes:

I want to know the origin,where it came from and who started it all..as Ive said all along it means absolutely nothing.But it heads most of the threads on hobo.net....I dont get it!

JamTarts1874
Cos we're in Europe more often than them they feel the need to pronounce the J like Y, like in Spain then shortening yambos to yams.

Either that or

Its because they dont have teeth so struggle with the J so just say Y.

I nearly spat out the water I was drinking when I read your last sentence.

LOL! :D

JamTarts1874
sweet potato is amazing.

I for one would be proud to be compared to such a tasty item.

I had sweet potato with haggis last night, amazing! :D

I want to know the origin,where it came from and who started it all..as Ive said all along it means absolutely nothing.But it heads most of the threads on hobo.net....I dont get it!

I'll tell you if you tell me who was the first person to call Hearts the "jam tarts".

I'll tell you if you tell me who was the first person to call Hearts the "jam tarts".

A guy called Mr Kipling.

Your not grasping this are you? Hearts=Jam Tarts...now that rhymes:mw_rolleyes:

Hearts = Yams? ,im only asking what it means,no more no less!

I'm sure this yam nonsense started on the old Beeb forum.... seem to remember them all giggling at their new found word

I get called a "Yam fud" almost daily.

It is either followed by, or is replied to "Hobo fud / *****"

Me and my Hibby workmate are easily amused...

I get called a "Yam fud" almost daily.

It is either followed by, or is replied to "Hobo fud / *****"

Me and my Hibby workmate are easily amused...

Ask him to explain,ill wager he cant...the hobo fud:laugh:

Guest GhostHunter

Eggo - you know what ?

Who fecking cares. :D

They're vermin, sewage, tampax-ridden pond water, the film on top of foosty onions...etc etc....

Zero Tolerance.

InNothingWeTrust

Yet Another Manager - from our time of changing managers every month. i thought that was quite well known...

load of crap now

Although it's lame, it is their own.

A hibernian 1st.

They normally steal originality from everyone else.

Good on them.

Maroon Mayhem

I tried to register on there as "I am a Yam" I wasn't allowed in........... Ne'er mind!

I can't think how they got to know what a yam looks like, they're hardly widely available at the Lochend Lidl. :107years:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I'm sure I read somewhere (probably hambolinas.net) that "Jam Tarts" = "Yam Farts".

Still rubbish though.

Yet Another Manager - from our time of changing managers every month. i thought that was quite well known...

load of crap now

The best yet,well done!

FTHambolinas

jamtartsandbees

It's patently obvious chaps, see the picture below.

300px-Kiekie_yams.jpg

Rather sad but the inferiority complex has reached such a stage down Leith way, that an urban legend has evolved about the size of the average hearts supporters equipment.

It is a well known fact that all the hibees are gay, and although not publicly known respect is earned throughout there underground social structure based entirely on "how much Yam" an individual is able to take.

Although they all dream of taking a real yam, non are deluded enough to believe that they are placed high enough in social ranking for this to ever happen.

Instead they have to rely on shop bought alternatives to prove their prowess. these are usually purchased from oriental supermarkets together with industrial size buckets of axle grease.

Burnie_jambo
It's patently obvious chaps, see the picture below.

300px-Kiekie_yams.jpg

Rather sad but the inferiority complex has reached such a stage down Leith way, that an urban legend has evolved about the size of the average hearts supporters equipment.

It is a well known fact that all the hibees are gay, and although not publicly known respect is earned throughout there underground social structure based entirely on "how much Yam" an individual is able to take.

Although they all dream of taking a real yam, non are deluded enough to believe that they are placed high enough in social ranking for this to ever happen.

Instead they have to rely on shop bought alternatives to prove their prowess. these are usually purchased from oriental supermarkets together with industrial size buckets of axle grease.

Now there's a well thought out and logical answer. i like it :)

I had sweet potato with haggis last night, amazing! :D

Spot on!

Was at a wedding not long ago where we got haggis balls on a bed of sweet potato, it was the bomb.

Apparantly we are refered to Yams as they "are slightly orange vegetables".

I have it on top authority from the Hobbo office junior, who incidently is gay, not that that has anything to do with anything ;)

Apparantly we are refered to Yams as they "are slightly orange vegetables".

I have it on top authority from the Hobbo office junior, who incidently is gay, not that that has anything to do with anything ;)

Get him pu.. on second thoughts just skelp him one:D

DuffJimmy1875

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Yammer

Given the near perfect definition of Hearts fans :D that is the verb "to yammer", I'd like to propose that a "yam" is merely a shortened version of a "yammerer" :tongue:

Although the aforementioned and slightly illogical, Jambos - Jam Tarts - Jam - Yam idea is probably closer to the truth.

That said, what's the derivation that leads from Hibbee to "Hobo" apart from the fact they both share the same 1st letter?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Yammer

Given the near perfect definition of Hearts fans :D that is the verb "to yammer", I'd like to propose that a "yam" is merely a shortened version of a "yammerer" :tongue:

Although the aforementioned and slightly illogical, Jambos - Jam Tarts - Jam - Yam idea is probably closer to the truth.

That said, what's the derivation that leads from Hibbee to "Hobo" apart from the fact they both share the same 1st letter?

ho⋅bo

/ˈhoʊthinsp.pngboʊ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif [hoh-boh] Show IPA Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif

?noun, plural -bos, -boes.

1. a tramp or vagrant.

Hope this clarifies things mate.

DuffJimmy1875
ho⋅bo/ˈhoʊthinsp.pngboʊ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif [hoh-boh] Show IPA Pronunciation dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif

?noun, plural -bos, -boes.

1. a tramp or vagrant.

Hope this clarifies things mate.

Well yes, I know what the word Hobo means on its own, I was just wondering if some comic genius had somehow found a way of getting from the term "Hibbees" to "a Hobo" in stages by modifying the words a la "Jambos > Yams"

or if - as I suspect is more likely - the cracking idea that all Hibs fans dwell in caravans, bang their own sister and sell pegs for a living gave rise to the "Hobo" nickname as opposed to it being anything to do with the actual word "Hibbees"

Both are ****ty names that shouldn't never be uttered anywhere other than on websites by sad sacks.

vaders uncle

My unfortunate pal who is a hibee ****bag said that he heard that it is because a Yam is a boring vegetable and that the Hearts are boring, mind you he was dribbling his pureed fruit down his chin at the time as his carer was not in the room. Pureed as in mushed up in a bowl, just like the hibees brains.

Miller Jambo 60
I have.

My Bro-in-law (hobo trumpet) calls me a yam f*d regularly! :)

My wifes bro called me a yam or fud i would thump him.

Strange how its never happened.:laugh:

GORGIE RULE

PresidentRomanov
Well yes, I know what the word Hobo means on its own, I was just wondering if some comic genius had somehow found a way of getting from the term "Hibbees" to "a Hobo" in stages by modifying the words a la "Jambos > Yams"

or if - as I suspect is more likely - the cracking idea that all Hibs fans dwell in caravans, bang their own sister and sell pegs for a living gave rise to the "Hobo" nickname as opposed to it being anything to do with the actual word "Hibbees"

I think it more goes back to your origins as the underclass Irish immigrants of Edinburgh's community,that nobody wanted anything to do with, a situation that hasn't changed IMO :107years:

bigis semiauskas
Exactly what do the inferior mob mean by referring to us as yams?

Rhyming slang? even that seems nonsensical.

Sweet potato is the definition on google.

So can anyone come up with a sensible answer to this...even Hobos can reply!

To me it means nothing at all tbh,but I may be missing something:o

I think we should turn this around and call them a Yam Fud,

because this little Hobo bawbag at work has been moaning and shouting awe week,'You Ars* Mixu, Fuc*ed Up Derby day again like awe the other managers.

Hibbies really are rubbish at reading, aren't they.

I already explained the origin of the 'hobo' word. It came from a spell-checker which did not understand the word 'hibs' and suggested 'hobo' as the correct spelling.

That it was so appropriate was simply the icing on the cake. :laugh:

Fine Scottish Wine

Hobos came from the kickback spell checker, when you typed in Hibees it did not recognise the word and used to give you Hobo as an alternative. It no longer does this though so may be wrong.

I am sure the Yams thing happened in a similar way on .net

Gizmo seems to have a similar memory so maybe my grey matter is still working.

Your makin this up as you go along...I smell a Hambolina:)

I'm kind of embarrased to admit I'm actually laughing out loud.

Maybe I'm easily amused but I found that very funny.

Try asking a Celtic fan why they call themselves the bhoys???????

I'm sure Torbet had the definitive answer to that one!

Ive never heard anyone in real life use it to describe Hearts, just on the internet.

A lot of mates have Season Tickets down there and have used that expression for years towards me during the "banter".

Just thought it was the hobos bit of slang.

Archived