lets get real...

JAMMY

Who honestly things Romanov will sanction any incoming transfers this month?

We are trying to save money not spend it...the"NEW STRIKER"situation will unfold something like this...

Csaba:"Mr Romanov,here is my list of 12/13 strikers i have compiled,i would like one or two of them.

Vlad:I will bring back Elliot,he is in good scoring form..you also have Tulberg,Mole,Nade and Makela for you to choose from,from now until the end of the season...

Csaba:OK Mr Romanov..i will make do.

Yet again we are getting carried away with names we would like to bring in to play up front..don`t believe it will happen then you can`t be dissapointed when it doesn`t or when the last day of Jan comes and we still haven`t signed a striker/or are loaned a nobody from Kaunas to soften the blow.

Guest jambomickey

We are trying to save money not spend it...the"NEW STRIKER"situation will unfold something like this...

Csaba:"Mr Romanov,here is my list of 12/13 strikers i have compiled,i would like one or two of them.

Vlad:I will bring back Elliot,he is in good scoring form..you also have Tulberg,Mole,Nade and Makela for you to choose from,from now until the end of the season...

Yet again we are getting carried away with names we would like to bring in to play up front..don`t believe it will happen then you can`t be dissapointed when it doesn`t or when the last day of Jan comes and we still haven`t signed a striker/or are loaned a nobody from Kaunas to soften the blow.

time will tell

Thanks for that :mw_rolleyes:

Thanks for the contribution.

Now please wipe your chin.

acatchallbib.jpg

Just being realistic,how many transfer windows have passed now without the signing of a proven goalscorer?Why do you think this window will be any different?Just my opinion...

Just being realistic,how many transfer windows have passed now without the signing of a proven goalscorer?Why do you think this window will be any different?Just my opinion...

Thats a very fair point. I suppose the signing of Black on a pre contract shows a switch in out transfer policy. There also seems to be a manager who is allowed to manage club, rather than justify and manage decisions he is not making.

One thing though, would be ****ing raging if Hearts allow the striker search to go in to the last 24 hours before making a move.

i dont think we will buy anyone in,but exspect to see a couple of on loan signings,wouldnt be a bad move in the circumstances.

We have Elliot back and Mike Tullberg can't be far away from a return to fitness.

I'd be happy just to see Makela and co emptied.

i cant see it myself but after the last 3 years i wouldn't dream of trying to second guess vlad. i'm ready to be astonished, this transfer window as usual

i dont think we will buy anyone in,but exspect to see a couple of on loan signings,wouldnt be a bad move in the circumstances.

Best way to do it, do what we did with Skacel and Kingston, loan deal with a fixed fee, if they perform then snap them up. If not it is just wages and a nominal fee gone, better than splashing out and taking the risk

Spending a few hundred thousand on a striker now would in my opinion secure us Europa Cup football and the opportunity to make a couple of million next season (if we were to make the 6 game group stage). Not signing a striker would continue to completely jeopardise what Csaba has done and mean that European football is much less likely.

It's not risking everything, it's speculating a little to accumulate much more.

To be fair I would not blame VR one bit if he turned round and told Csaba he has Elliot, Tulberg, Mole, Nade and Makela taking a wage out of the club and until one or more leave he can forget about another striker.

Hopefully we can move some on but until they do is it realistic to expect more players coming in ?

It wouldn't surprise me but i'm not that fussed. We have to get used to the fact we can't go out and spend much (if any) money on players.

We have Elliot back and Mike Tullberg can't be far away from a return to fitness.

I'd be happy just to see Makela and co emptied.

no sure but didnt csaba terminate tullbergs loan deal cos he was always gettin injured told him if he get sorted he could come back for talks

no sure but didnt csaba terminate tullbergs loan deal cos he was always gettin injured told him if he get sorted he could come back for talks

Nah, Tullbergs due back into Edinburgh some time next week to start training again according t last update, nothing else has been mentioned in regards to Tullberg

The way I see it, it's probably quite difficult to make moves for players at the moment.

Csaba will have a list of players with differing values and situations and it's a bit catch 22, cat n mouse, chicken n egg, erm Chaz n Dave.

If we don't sell anyone or get rid of anyone, he'd be looking at loans, if anything. If we get rid of some like Makela off the wage bill, then maybe free/cheap/loan + fee types. If we sell someone for a couple of million, then maybe signing someone for 2 or 3 hundred grand isn't out of the question.

It's catch 22, and i guess it's Csaba (and Vlad's) job to make the decision. Hope it's made soon.

As for the OP, I feel VR will sanction signings but only if we can clear a couple out first. That doesnt mean Berra et al, but maybe Makela, Basso (who im sure we're still paying), maybe Mole....

All above is guess work obviously, but its the way i see it

Greedy_Jambo

I know the last 3-4 transfer windows have been a big let down for us fans but im feeling optimistic this time round. Why? Because this time we've had a manager that has been in charge of the team!

Csaba has had plenty of time now to see how good/bad the squad is and i think we'll see changes for the better with players coming in and going out.

Its been a good start to the transfer window so far with the signing of Ian Black. Even if he can't play untill the summer.

JamTarts1874
To be fair I would not blame VR one bit if he turned round and told Csaba he has Elliot, Tulberg, Mole, Nade and Makela taking a wage out of the club and until one or more leave he can forget about another striker.

Hopefully we can move some on but until they do is it realistic to expect more players coming in ?

Personally, my thoughts are to get rid of Mole and Makela, try to get in a couple of strikers.

Quite interested to see how Elliot performs and I would like to see more of Glen also.

Archived