What is SoS playing at?

Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh
The next time there is an article involving Hearts possible interest in certain players would you accuse it of attempting to tap up players ?

When do you see strap-lines like "Csaba's wish list" then naming several players from one club?

Seymour M Hersh
It can be Walter's "Wish" list all he wants, the huns are SKINT and are now actively looking to punt first team players such as McGregor, Ferguson and Bougherra in a January firesale.

I agree they are but if they do flog the ones you mention that will give them ammo will it not?

Drylaw Hearts
When do you see strap-lines like "Csaba's wish list" then naming several players from one club?

C'mon SMH.......

You are taking paranoia to a whole new level.

If Rangers wanted to tap-up any Hearts players they would go down a more modern road - using a Mobile Phone for example.

Seymour M Hersh
C'mon SMH.......

You are taking paranoia to a whole new level.

If Rangers wanted to tap-up any Hearts players they would go down a more modern road - using a Mobile Phone for example.

I'm sure the agents are in contact with wattie already I'm just irritated that an Edinburgh paper feels the need to act as their lacky. Can we not leave that to the red top fuds from the weej?

Drylaw Hearts
I'm sure the agents are in contact with wattie already I'm just irritated that an Edinburgh paper feels the need to act as their lacky. Can we not leave that to the red top fuds from the weej?

They've printed the sort of article that has filled spaces in newspapers for years.

Would you have been so quick to have a go if the article HAD said :

Csaba's Wish List......

And then continued to name 6 SPL players from various clubs ?

The next time there is an article involving Hearts possible interest in certain players would you accuse it of attempting to tap up players ?

I don't know if it's Smith's wish list, but the article looks to me to be written by a man who really desperately wants Rangers transfer dealings to improve. In other words it looks like an article written by a real blue nose!! Only a fan would know or even consider how much each team on the park had cost over the past six years!!!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

To be honest, It's not really tapping up players.

All the article is doing is mentioning players who Rangers have had rumoured interest in in the last month and stating whether they will improve the side or not.

Nothing wrong with that, imo.

Charlie-Brown
I agree they are but if they do flog the ones you mention that will give them ammo will it not?

The Banks want some debt repaid and overdraft limits reduced - this means that Rangers must raise some transfer fee income and reduce the wage bill otherwise their debts will continue to grow at a level the Banks are not willing to subsidise, Murray International are also heavily indebted and operating in depressed markets so there is no surplus cash available from there.

Yes if Rangers sell players it might release some funds for new players but I reckon for every ?5 they bring the Bank will be looking for at least ?3 of that meaning Rangers will have to seek lower cost replacements than those they are selling / releasing.

It's a pretty poor article to be honest, rather like it was written by an eight year old telling his mum what he wants for Xmas and how she could afford it by selling last years presents.

There are several ways to tap players. As Drylaw Hearts has suggested, use a mobile phone. However, this is how I would do it. I would get a journalist who was a pal or a fan or just a hack who was storing up favours, tell him the players I would like to get, preferably as cheap as possible, and ask him to weave the list into a story which would be printed during the transfer window. Nobody would ever know it was me. Clever or what?

"Berra is a fine defender and a big character. A leader. A captain in the making."

Er, he is a captain. The captain of Heart of Midlothian.

Arse.

I hate articles like this.

And I notice it's titled Walter's Wish List which in essence is really all it will ever be.

The very same paper carried an interview with Smith a few weeks before Christmas where he was quoted as saying there was no money to spend and he'd be looking to do mostly loan deals.

The papers just print whatever suits them from one week to the next.

I don?t think it is tapping up, but it is pure slime journalism.

A bit annoying to see an "Edinburgh" paper blatantly touting local players to the OF. Tom English GTF...There are more than 2 teams in the league and this sort of comparative analysis of the uggers is pandering to the OF support in a crude and obvious way. What other country would we see such an article in? Even the BBC list possible ins & outs for all clubs rather than just focussing on the English top 4.

Archived