Stephen Appiah - Why is he a free agent?

Rawrrrrrrr

Wondering this

Been without a club since the summer, the guy was a class act in the past and find it strange no one has snapped him up.

Maybe Larry should put in a word :xmastongue:

Im sure there was something about FIFA saying that his registration wasn't released by his previous club before the end of the last window even though he was released mid august.

There were plenty of clubs interested in him, so i wouldn't be surprised if he is about to sign for someone soon.

Im sure there was something about FIFA saying that his registration was released by his previous club before the end of the last window even though he was released mid august.

There were plenty of clubs interested in him, so i wouldn't be surprised if he is about to sign for someone soon.

Mid-August was before the end of the last transfer window??

Anyhoo, I think the reason is that he is holding out for an offer from a club he considers worthy of his talents, but he may have to lower his sights, particularly as he has not played for quite some time now (due to injury and a lack of club).

Wondering this

Been without a club since the summer, the guy was a class act in the past and find it strange no one has snapped him up.

Maybe Larry should put in a word :xmastongue:

If Bolton wanted him surely he would have signed for them already...

;):P

Mid-August was before the end of the last transfer window??

Anyhoo, I think the reason is that he is holding out for an offer from a club he considers worthy of his talents, but he may have to lower his sights, particularly as he has not played for quite some time now (due to injury and a lack of club).

Sorry that was a typo meant to say that FIFA were claiming that his registration wasnt released by his previous club before the end of the window, even though he had left the club mid august.

jambo walesy

Did he not get a really bad injury a while back?

Maybe clubs don't fancy the risk.

I might be wrong however.

Ibrahim Tall

Think he isn't actually allowed to sign for anyone until this January due to the way he left Fenerbache.

The whole situation was a farce from start to finish tbh, what with their club doctors diagnosing blood clots in his knee as "Asthma" and passing him fit to play for months before they realised the mistake(:xmaseye:) and then after he decided to get treated by doctors back in Italy Fener took the huff and tried to suspend his contract wages included.

He then said he'd "quit" them not long after while Fenerbache have said otherwise, think most clubs just don't want the hassle of getting mixed up in it.

Because He has freed the way for Appiah to move to Celtic, his boyhood heroes?

Yes, quite.

Because He has freed the way for Appiah to move to Celtic, his boyhood heroes?

ahhhh is the deed pole change to John-Paul Appiah taking longer than expected :xmasgrin:

Uncle Bobby B

Im sure he was released not long after Aragones took charge of Fernabache, wasnt that guy crowned Hitler of the Football World after Big Ron got the punt from the BBC?

A few EPL teams are meant to be monitoring Apphia anway, Redknapp was wanting him at Pompey so he might end up at Spurs.

Archived