Working during the derby

djf

Anybody else unfortunate enough to be working tomorrow? :(

I'm trying to decide if I should take my lunch at half 12 to catch the first half or half 1 to catch the second half at the moment.

Sadly yes but I finish at 1pm so we'll all be hotfooting it along to the nearest bar that is showing it! I think that you should go for watching the second half - then at least you'll see the business end of the game.

Commander Harris

I'm trying to decide if I should take my lunch at half 12 to catch the first half or half 1 to catch the second half at the moment.

there's a lot of bugs going about :)

Guest S.U.S.S.

Be a man, QUIT!

:xmasgrin:

Pull a sickie

scott herbertson

I've got a big problem.

Wife's birthday is Sunday

She studied Chinese at Uni and speaks it well and has Chinese friends. She was at a Chinese wedding a few weeks back and was taken with the idea of a restaurant meal with karaoke thrown in :xmaswoot:)

I agreed that it would be a good idea to have a big family and friends meal in a restaurant in Soho with a private room and karaoke etc

To quote Del Boy

"She's only gone and booked it on the saturday!"

My dilemma is that the meal starts at 2.30

Although it would be a severe dent in my popularity rating it would be possible for me to go to Paddington and meet the London Hearts guys and watch the first half of the game there then hotfoot it to catch up with my family for the 2.30 meal

the dilemma is if I start drinking with the London Hearts

a) it is about 50:1 against me leaving before the match ends and getting to the restaurant in time - trouble will ensue

B) it is about 1:50 that I'll not be able to resist drinking 3 or 4 pints in an hour of a derby hence even if I get there for 2.30 I'll probably be bevied and embarass myself and family at the Karaoke - more trouble

So, in summary, I'm going to get ****ed, miss the start of the family meal and make a fool of myself at Karaoke tomorrow!!!

Archived