Virgin hit Chipped Boxes at New Year

FORTHCLYDE

I have been told that Virgin have hit chipped boxes on New Years morn.

Leaving aside the fact that people having chipped boxes are maybe acting illegally.

Virgin normally hit boxes 5 minutes into a big football match but are unsuccessful with people who have the ultra card.

Now I've been told they may have stopped everyone.

Does anyone no more info?

Knowing that most Virgin staff are retards I would also guess they may have cut off innocent people with the XL package that's Hearts versus Hibs on Saturday.

Anyone know about that as well?

The Real Maroonblood
I have been told that Virgin have hit chipped boxes on New Years morn.

Leaving aside the fact that people having chipped boxes are maybe acting illegally.

Virgin normally hit boxes 5 minutes into a big football match but are unsuccessful with people who have the ultra card.

Now I've been told they may have stopped everyone.

Does anyone no more info?

Knowing that most Virgin staff are retards I would also guess they may have cut off innocent people with the XL package that's Hearts versus Hibs on Saturday.

Anyone know about that as well?

How long have you worked for Virgin Media?

How long have you worked for Virgin Media?

Virgin are ?6,000,000,000 in debt fact. So Virgin employees know what they're doing then?

The Real Maroonblood
Virgin are ?6,000,000,000 in debt fact. So Virgin employees know what they're doing then?

When are you leaving them?

Space Travel doesn't come cheap

It always surprised me, being a software developer, that people could get away with chipped cable boxes at all, since they need to call home to the server to do anything.

I would have thought that when the engineers install a box it registers where it is installed, so they should have a list of valid customer box addresses and subscription details to match against at the server level and disallow anything else.

I can see why chipped satellite boxes could work as there isn't the direct server connection, but think that cable should have eliminated 'chipping' from the outset.

It always surprised me, being a software developer, that people could get away with chipped cable boxes at all, since they need to call home to the server to do anything.

I would have thought that when the engineers install a box it registers where it is installed, so they should have a list of valid customer box addresses and subscription details to match against at the server level and disallow anything else.

I can see why chipped satellite boxes could work as there isn't the direct server connection, but think that cable should have eliminated 'chipping' from the outset.

Right from the start Sky invested millions in their encryption system Telewest didn't and now don't have the money to do it. Also the problem for Virgin is the signal is always on with all channels being sent down the line regardless of address or subscription package. It is down the box to control your viewing and there is their problem

Right from the start Sky invested millions in their encryption system Telewest didn't and now don't have the money to do it. Also the problem for Virgin is the signal is always on with all channels being sent down the line regardless of address or subscription package. It is down the box to control your viewing and there is their problem

Yep its all cost implications.

Sky do the same with non payers and cut them all off in bulk, they need to consider cost as it costs money to cut people off and deal with the phone calls etc so they tend to do it in bulk rather than individually.

Sky pick for example big sport events, or days (i.e easter weekend) and cut off all the non payers, it sounds like virgin do the same with the dodgy boxes.

Seems entirely fair to me, if you want a service pay for it, or accept the implications.

Archived