I nearly cried!!!!

Robbo27_22

who could ever forget them being pumped at fester-le-street on the opening day by stranraer?

i nearly laughed myself inside out.

TBH in there eyes those glory seasons beat our 2nd place finish, Scottish Cup triumphs and european trips all ends up!!!:xmascrazy:

The Old Tolbooth

I suppose if your a hobo then a trophy is a trophy after all :D

I see Hartley made his hobo debut 10 years ago too, at least one of that team has a Scottish Cup winners medal :laugh:

Francis Albert

To be fair quite a few on here also romanticise from time to time about our years in the First Division, when we were the billy big boys running around the wee teams grounds like a second rate OF. Slightly spoiled by the fact we always made heavy weather of getting out of theat league. I hated every second for the same reason one of the posters on the other sides. Whatever happened (beating Arbroath away 7-0, playing before 20,000 against Dundee) you couldn't escape the awful fact that it was Hearts and it was the First Division.

To be fair quite a few on here also romanticise from time to time about our years in the First Division, when we were the billy big boys running around the wee teams grounds like a second rate OF. Slightly spoiled by the fact we always made heavy weather of getting out of theat league. I hated every second for the same reason one of the posters on the other sides. Whatever happened (beating Arbroath away 7-0, playing before 20,000 against Dundee) you couldn't escape the awful fact that it was Hearts and it was the First Division.

The fans lived for the moment but nobody wanted to be there or go back once we were in the Premier.

The Hobos are laughable and their delight at watching `great` football in the first division just highlights how they`ve struggled for most part to produce consistently decent teams in the top league.

Guest juvehearts

Yeah, the thing is that time was 20 odd years ago, where a kerry oot, a pie & standing were the norm.

hibs is where they'd play morton at easter rd infront of a record croud of 6250.

in that season, did hibs not get their record croud at the mini tattydrome?

DuffJimmy1875

Nail on head.

It was grim. End of conversation IMO

"While I'd never want to do it again, I absolutely loved that season in the 1st

Went to nearly all the games, and some of the football we played was fantastic." - Hibs.net

I wonder why the football you played was "fantastic"? Maybe because you were playing against first division team? You absolute tool :laugh:

I just fell aff ma chair again, I really have to get one that is secure when I read the pash that comes form HOBO net :xmasgrin::xmasgrin::xmasgrin:

This time 10 years ago...

We were beginning to romp away with the 1st division.

Aye thats ware your gash team belongs..

You should never be happy with your team being in the 1st division..I suppose surporting that pish team, thats all yous have got to talk about, how yous won the 1ST DIVISION and the Mickey mouse cup! haha..

:xmascrazy:

Talk about getting the club you deserve. That lot must be twinned with Barnstoneworth United!

caithnessjambo
Lets all hope they are playing in the 1st division again soon and enjoy a lengthy stay there

Hell no, keep them in the Premier struggling away at the bottom, would'nt want to miss out on the Derby wins :xmasgrin:

Archived