USC going under

CraigSN1

Think a lot of them have just seen a way to reduce their debts and shed a few crappy unprofitable branches on the cheap as opposed to being in danger of going unders properly.

The fact they and officers club both had most stores almost immediately bought out by management consortiums strenghens this.

Think a lot of them have just seen a way to reduce their debts and shed a few crappy unprofitable branches on the cheap as opposed to being in danger of going unders properly.

The fact they and officers club both had most stores almost immediately bought out by management consortiums strenghens this.

Hmm, we'll see!

Oh no what will all the Gstar boys do ?

Seriously went in the one at the Fort on boxing day hoping to get a new shirt before I spent my hmv vouchers and there was about 70 guys waiting on it opening and when it did everyone of them just went straight to the gstar.One guy was there with his bird and was dressed top to toe in Gstar and had 2 jackets jeans and tshirts that he was asking his bird if she liked them all.I mean come show some originality.

Nucky Thompson

I didn't know Tom Hunter owned the company. He has bought a lot of the shops back so I can't see them going bust.

good. might mean you can distinguish some of the chavs a bit more...Make them think where else they can do their clothes shopping. They spend a crap load on guff! If they actually spent their money wisely, they could actually buy some really nice clobber... Xile stocks similar higher end clothes so they will profit big time if USC closes.

suzie_preston

Not nice for the folk that work for them to just walk into work to be told you no longer have a job just after christmas, could they have choosen a worse time with most people spending to their limits but thinking okay will be careful next year and pay debts off.

I feel sorry for all these people that have had to suffer job loss anytime of year but I think just now is the worsted.

And you never know who's going to be next with the number of well known names going in the past year :(

It is a very pricey shop. Might mean there's less casuals lol

I wouldn't imagine there are many 'casuals' who shop in USC.

With the possible exception of the Hibs Baby Crew.

It is a very pricey shop. Might mean there's less casuals lol

Casuals from USC, it's hair dressers gear in there mate.

this_is_my_story
Oh no what will all the Gstar boys do ?

Seriously went in the one at the Fort on boxing day hoping to get a new shirt before I spent my hmv vouchers and there was about 70 guys waiting on it opening and when it did everyone of them just went straight to the gstar.One guy was there with his bird and was dressed top to toe in Gstar and had 2 jackets jeans and tshirts that he was asking his bird if she liked them all.I mean come show some originality.

Couldn't agree more. I can't ever remember having seen any one brand being worn by practically every second bloke you see on the street or on a night out!

Couldn't agree more. I can't ever remember having seen any one brand being worn by practically every second bloke you see on the street or on a night out!

"G-Star Raw" has to be the naffest brand name I have ever heard in ma puff. It sounds like some kind of gay dance troupe.

I would not be seen dead wearing anything emblazoned with that.

to be fair, G star is a good brand ruined by the neds. It falls under the same bracket as Ralph Lauren, Burberry, Lyle and Scott, Paul and Shark, etc..

Im worried as im a follower of Japanese fashion and that theyve started touching on Y3over the past year and a bit..:(

Carl Weathers

Gstar was sound about 8 years ago before the neds knew about it. I can only remember Xile in the waverly stocking it through here then.

Ralph Lauren, Burberry, Lyle and Scott, Paul and Shark, etc..

I still wear those labels, classic and timeless, most little neds wouldn't have a clue what a decent piece of SI, P&S or RL looks like.

I still wear those labels, classic and timeless, most little neds wouldn't have a clue what a decent piece of SI, P&S or RL looks like.

Good shout, claim the labels back from the neds!

Gstar has it's own store at that bit behind Harvey Nicks, ridiculously overpriced stuff.

yep. Totally agree!you can reclaim the labels back. Thye always seem to go for the most repulsive lines of clothing which displays the label on the front or back. The nicer items are a bit more discreet.

Craig-Section Z
yep. Totally agree!you can reclaim the labels back. Thye always seem to go for the most repulsive lines of clothing which displays the label on the front or back. The nicer items are a bit more discreet.

Indeed, soon as you see a huge logo walk away, the neds will love that, the good clothes are as you say subtle with their branding and logos, but you can still identify from the style of the item the brand, thats the way i like it.

I do like allot of G Star stuff, no huge logos though, the jeans are smart as are a few of the subtley branded hoodies, But the items with huge logos are horrid and id always avoid!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

G Star is pretty rank. One or two smart bits of gear and that's it.

Lyle & Scott is going the same way. Any wee jake wi a Hibs haircut is guaranteed to own a Lyle & Scott jumper.

was in usc today about 2pm it was heevin just before i took the kids to winter wonderland got the bus back at about 4.20 and the shop was in darkness i wonder if that is the 1 shop in scotland that is shutting as was reported today.

was in usc today about 2pm it was heevin just before i took the kids to winter wonderland got the bus back at about 4.20 and the shop was in darkness i wonder if that is the 1 shop in scotland that is shutting as was reported today.

hope so..the place was honking. Clearly a waste of a space. As long as it isnt anohter "authentic" scottish suvenir shop pops up on the plot, ill be happy!

Wondered that tonight actually as everywhere else was open.

That one was just revamped recently so I'd be surprised. Surely the sale shop in the Princes Mall would be first to go? :D

sale shop..is that still there?!?!tht place was truely honking!!!I will admit that i did buy a really nice diesel t shirt in there once though.

Carl Spackler

I agree. G-Star stuff is rank though, bad image.

sale shop..is that still there?!?!tht place was truely honking!!!I will admit that i did buy a really nice diesel t shirt in there once though.

I got a really smart French Connection cagoule there years ago.

No labels on it, 3/4 length black number.

One of the best jackets i've ever had.

Archived