Zal!!!

Captain Scarlett

Captain Scarlett

I hate to say it but am i the only one who doesnt give two hoots whether zal stays or goes? I mean if he does go it wouldnt be too hard to drop Karipidis back and make room for Black/Stewart/Ruben/Aguiar which ever three he likes! If the money is right for Zal take it and run

On his day he's a decent player. Unfortunately that day doesn't seem to come around very often. IF he can sort his consistency out he would be a decent player to keep in the squad. If he can't we should look elsewhere.

Drylaw Hearts

Move him on.

As he's still an FBK Kaunas player they'l get the Transfer Fee so we'd be better putting a genuine Hearts player in the team and give him the chance to progress.

chester copperpot
I hate to say it but am i the only one who doesnt give two hoots whether zal stays or goes? I mean if he does go it wouldnt be too hard to drop Karipidis back and make room for Black/Stewart/Ruben/Aguiar which ever three he likes! If the money is right for Zal take it and run

No, in fact I'd go further and say I do care if he stays. Would much prefer him to feck off.

loveofthegame
Move him on.

As he's still an FBK Kaunas player they'l get the Transfer Fee so we'd be better putting a genuine Hearts player in the team and give him the chance to progress.

Agreed. Not consistently good enough for me to be bothered. Makes bombscare mistakes or gets silly costly sending offs to often for me. Not bothered which club he's signed too though, as all the money goes to the same place in the end...

Francis Albert
I hate to say it but am i the only one who doesnt give two hoots whether zal stays or goes? /QUOTE]

I take it you don't read this board very often.

On his form recently he would be a loss but by no means an irreplacable one.

Johanes de Silentio

Solid defender when properly focused.

However, there are plenty of solid defenders out there who don't constantly run the risk of picking up stupid yellows and reds like Zal does.

If it is true that there is significant interest in Zal, then the time to sell him is now - especially if the figures being mentioned (i.e. seven figure sums - not lire) are even remotely accurate.

Punt the ****!

Tynecastle Valhalla

would be glad to see him gone, has decent games sometimes but when he is bad he is horrific. not good enough.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I don't think he's even a Hearts player. If reports are to be believed and Vlad does indeed want us to become self-sufficient then there is absolutely no reason for average players being here on loan. Punt him and play a player we might get money for one day.

Perth to Paisley

He has undoubtably problems with his temperament but I beleive he will develop into a very good defender. What he needs is an experienced head beside him. The exact same could be said about Berra. One of them has to go and I would be more sorry to lose Berra at this point.

The 'bombscare' comments are way overstated, these in my opinion are largely related to this country of birth and the discontent with our owner.

My opinion.

Johanes de Silentio
And if Berra leaves?

Any 2 from McGowan, Kari, Jonsson, Rapnik or the new Lith, Frakiditas (sp) whose meant to be arriving soon.

Zal has been very good recently, but he's no good to us if he's going to get himself stupidly sent off on a regular basis.

Any 2 from McGowan, Kari, Jonsson, Rapnik or the new Lith, Frakiditas (sp) whose meant to be arriving soon.

Zal has been very good recently, but he's no good to us if he's going to get himself stupidly sent off on a regular basis.

Losing both Berra and Zaliukas will be a disaster, we will struggle to make Europe.

Johanes de Silentio
Losing both Berra and Zaliukas will be a disaster, we will struggle to make Europe.

You're probably right, mate - as I say, Zal and Berra have both been very solid recently.

But rumour has it that the following players may be on the move:

Balogh, Wallace, Berra, Kari, Bruno, Larry, Driver, Cesny, Zal.

Many of these lads are key players - some may go, and some may stay.

If any of our big players move on, there will be some effect on the team - all we can do is watch and see what happens, and hope that we can bring in some qvality - the bid for a European place may well be affected.

Hopefully not.

Our rivals may also lose a few good 'uns as well.

winston churchill
I like him and think he's a decent player.

He's an easy scapegoat for many.

he has taken over from miko as vlads first pick.

at best,he has had 2/3 decent games.

how many goals/points has he cost the team.

if he's a 2 million player,the lochend projects are full of virgins.

rudi must stay

would really care. He was playing the best football of his career a few weeks ago, since then he's gone to back being pretty useless so sadly i don't think he will be sold

ToadKiller Dog
I like him and think he's a decent player.

He's an easy scapegoat for many.

You would would think he was lying 3rd in the recent count of our own JKB player of the season poll by some of the ott reactions on here .

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Number 26 is an average at best centre half.

Would be no real loss and I would rather see a youngster (we have a few talented defenders waiting) get a chance than a Kaunas loanee. Nowt to do with his nationality (Rapnick is Slovakian isn't he? I would love to see him get a shot) just my opinion.

he has taken over from miko as vlads first pick.

at best,he has had 2/3 decent games.

how many goals/points has he cost the team.

if he's a 2 million player,the lochend projects are full of virgins.

I think Csaba picks the team, Zaliukas has had a good number of decent games this year as well as making a few costly mistakes in others.

I don't think he's a ?2 million player either.

willie wallace

1st sending off-he pulls back one of the league's top scorers who is through on goal from an offside position after his defensive partner fails to challenge the Celtic player who nodded it on.

2nd sending off-an Aberdeen player puts his head towards him and he receives a red card which a lot of people on here think we should appeal.

I know he is a bit reckless at times but to suggest he has been stupidly sent off twice this season is a bit unfair.By the way did Mackie get booked for the tackle that led to Zal's yellow card.

rudi must stay
wouldn't really care. He was playing the best football of his career a few weeks ago, since then he's gone to back being pretty useless so sadly i don't think he will be sold

:)

European Jambos Mum
1st sending off-he pulls back one of the league's top scorers who is through on goal from an offside position after his defensive partner fails to challenge the Celtic player who nodded it on.

2nd sending off-an Aberdeen player puts his head towards him and he receives a red card which a lot of people on here think we should appeal.

I know he is a bit reckless at times but to suggest he has been stupidly sent off twice this season is a bit unfair.By the way did Mackie get booked for the tackle that led to Zal's yellow card.

yes he was booked

Thunderstruck

Like him or not and, FWIW, I rate him, Zaliukas forms an important part of a very solid back 4/5 that all work for and complement each other. The defensive unit, now that Csaba has got them through the "stormin and formin" phases, is probably one of the best in SPL - on current form.

He is a defender that is rarely beaten in the air and when he does get his head on the ball he gets distance on it. He is quick and strong and doesn't shirk tackles. His reading of the game is improving and he has cut out the lapses in concentration that were a feature of his game. At 23 or 24 he, like Berra, is young for a centre-back. They both make mistakes - Berra, for example, was at fault for goal yesterday but he doesn't get an array of threads about him costing the club.

Both are excellent prospects and neither should be under-valued in what they deliver to the team or what their replacement value is.

Marius,

I stand by my initial impressions that you are at best, a good footballer, a bit erratic and generally not too bright, but

YOU WERE CHEATED BY BRINES YESTERDAY and I apologise for considering otherwise when I heard you had been sent off.

Archived