Wii help

stella_jambo

Hello guys and gals

Im looking for a bit of help, I have a wii and a wireless router but i cant seem to get it online. Its a inventel router (orange box) and when i do a search it can find the network but after entering the code it just keeps coming up with an error code.

Has anyone connected a wii with an ornage box or could that be the problem? Ive got 3 laptops on the network so i know it works fine and the security code is correct.

Any bright ideas?

Edit: i give up am heading to bed, workin early the morn but ill check when i get in and see if the good people of JKB can save me from going nuts

Hello guys and gals

Im looking for a bit of help, I have a wii and a wireless router but i cant seem to get it online. Its a inventel router (orange box) and when i do a search it can find the network but after entering the code it just keeps coming up with an error code.

Has anyone connected a wii with an ornage box or could that be the problem? Ive got 3 laptops on the network so i know it works fine and the security code is correct.

Any bright ideas?

Edit: i give up am heading to bed, workin early the morn but ill check when i get in and see if the good people of JKB can save me from going nuts

What error code is it?

Cant really offer much help until I know that

Is the Wii online play any good?

I have just got one and plan on getting shot of it, but I didn't know it could be used online! Is it worth it?

check the nintendo website. Your router may be one of the few ones that are incompatible.

Check that your router doesn't need a MAC address to allow connection.

Make sure your wii is suitably placed to recieve connection.

Double check if your wireless is WEP, WPA or WPA-Sk..etc (again check the nintendo website to see what type of networks the wii can connect to)

Is the wii worth it? Are the online games good.

The online services of the wii are not as good as the 360 and probably not as good as the PS3s. Doesn't mean they are **** though.

Using the wii shop channel you can buy loads of old games from old systems (C64, NES, SNES, Megadrive, Turbografx, N64).

You can also buy original games called WiiWare. Personally I reccomend World Of Goo - truly outstanding game.

You've just got a wii and plan to get rid of it?

That's mental, get Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart for starters before you even consider getting shot of it :)

check the nintendo website. Your router may be one of the few ones that are incompatible.

Double check if your wireless is WEP, WPA or WPA-Sk..etc (again check the nintendo website to see what type of networks the wii can connect to)

The online services of the wii are not as good as the 360 and probably not as good as the PS3s. Doesn't mean they are **** though.

Using the wii shop channel you can buy loads of old games from old systems (C64, NES, SNES, Megadrive, Turbografx, N64).

You can also buy original games called WiiWare. Personally I reccomend World Of Goo - truly outstanding game.

That's mental, get Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart for starters before you even consider getting shot of it :)

To be honest, it was a gift and whilst I enjoy playing it, I have a full time job and two kids and no time for playing a wii. Got all the accesories with it and it seems a bit expensive to sit under the tv gathering dust!

To be honest, it was a gift and whilst I enjoy playing it, I have a full time job and two kids and no time for playing a wii. Got all the accesories with it and it seems a bit expensive to sit under the tv gathering dust!

You've got 2 kids and you think it's going to sit under the telly gathering dust :xmasoh:

I got the new guitar hero for a pressie and can't get on to play it till I've kicked the wee man off to bed at night! It does mean i'm getting alright at snowboarding though :xmasgrin:

Super Mario Galaxy is a great game. I can't get the 121st star to play as Luigi though so gave up.

Hello guys and gals

Any bright ideas?

I've had the exact same problem. I can find the connection but can't connect. I put the error code into the wii website and it wasn't any help either. I've put it down to having a rubbish ?30 router. The confusing thing was that the wee mans DS would connect but the Wii wouldn't!

I've never missed not being able to connect until now as a couple of games we've got for xmas would be better if could get online.

Previously the only game that would have been better would have been MarioKart but I find that one of the most boring games on the planet!

Cant see it on any list but since no one else seems to connect maybe its that

how do i check that?

yeah thats fine

its wep and can connect fine

also the error code is 51330

You've got 2 kids and you think it's going to sit under the telly gathering dust :xmasoh:

I got the new guitar hero for a pressie and can't get on to play it till I've kicked the wee man off to bed at night! It does mean i'm getting alright at snowboarding though :xmasgrin:

Super Mario Galaxy is a great game. I can't get the 121st star to play as Luigi though so gave up.

My kids are 15 months and 3. Guitar hero could be a while down the line :xmascrazy:

Bungalow Bill

I've had a Wii for about a year now and I had a problem connecting to the internet. I could get connected to Wii 24. Anyway I found the solve and all I had to do was manually input my internet settings on the Wii and switch the Primary and Secondary DNS numbers (very simple to do) which solved the problem. This is a common problem with the Wii and it only occurs with certain routers.

I can't remember what the error code was but if the problem matches above then that's the solve.

Archived