Didier Drogba

Acey

Best striker in world football?

Tell you what - he's got to be close.

Good player

Not on peak form at the moment though, drogba on peak form is easily the best

On current form Id have to say Adebayor would be in with a shout, he looks absolutly mesmerising at the moment

I find it hard to see beyond his constant diving antics.

And before anyone points out that other players (some close to home) dive Drogba is the only forward who will dive anywhere on the pitch.

great player and i think it might be worth a couple of quid on ivory coast to be the first african country to win the world cup.

I find it hard to see beyond his constant diving antics.

And before anyone points out that other players (some close to home) dive Drogba is the only forward who will dive anywhere on the pitch.

I would have givrn you that in his 1st season at Chelsea but he is nothing like that now and certainly no worse than any other player.

Goes down like a sack of tatties, abit like Elvis used to.. If your talking about the best strikers in the world is say its between Eto, Villa.. Possibly Torres?!

On current form, Adebayor is one of the best. Not individually great skillwise, but somehow always finds himself at the right pace at the right time to finish off a fantastic team move.

Well he wasn't diving tonight and his goal was brilliantly taken. Dunno about the best in the world but I'd take him at Tynie :)

In 2010, Drogba will be 33.

Past his best by then.

He will be 32, born in 1978, which is younger than Zidane when he carried the French team to the Final and only lost on pens

Hard to look past these 5 players IMO:-

Etoo

Torres

Villa

Rooney

Drogba

Etoo

Torres

Villa

Rooney

Drogba

On current form Adebayoor craps all over them

Wasnt a fan of him but his performances this season have been nothing short of outstanding

Adebayor is the ultimate striker to be honest. Touch, awareness, pace, good finisher, good in the air. He's like a polished version of Drogba, although obviously both are top players.

Adebayor is the ultimate striker to be honest. Touch, awareness, pace, good finisher, good in the air. He's like a polished version of Drogba, although obviously both are top players.

Agree with your points HoG but I would say E'too also has those attributes.

Whilst not necessarily in the same class as some of the players on this thread someone who's impressed me greatly this season is Roque Santa Cruz. The current Blackburn team is ordinary at best and South Americans have never settled well in British leagues.

I also think Robin van Persie should get a mention as on his day (and injury free) he's as good a player as the likes of Rooney and Torres.

On current form Adebayoor craps all over them

Wasnt a fan of him but his performances this season have been nothing short of outstanding

Ok yeah, forgot about him. Create a new top 6.

Etoo

Torres

Villa

Rooney

Drogba

Very much depends on form. What has Villa done this season to merit being in there? Or Eto'o until African Nations? Ibrahimovic gets bad press here, but Rooney gets praise for average performances. Bet it's different in Italy.

You will also not find a better finisher than Ruud van Nistelrooy. Anyone who disagrees is a fool.

The People's Chimp

have you not seen Ricardis in action?

have you not seen Ricardis in action?

I assume you're referring to "Battering ram Benny"? Yes his grace on the football field is to be admired. Maybe we could do a swap with Arsenal, Flamini for Benny? :rolleyes:

Adebayor is easily the best striker at the moment in the world.

Drogbas class, but Adebayor is a cut above the rest.

Hes got everything in his game, and to think, everyone said Arsenal would struggle to replace a player called Henry, well Adebayor looks to have silenced the critics.

Drogba got injured at a bad time for Chelsea, but still a class player, but for me Ade.

Hes got everything in his game, and to think, everyone said Arsenal would struggle to replace a player called Henry, well Adebayor looks to have silenced the critics.

Drogba got injured at a bad time for Chelsea, but still a class player, but for me Ade.

Shock.

Shock.

who'd a thunk it? :P

noone has mentioned Luca Toni (there will be trouble when a certain poster on here notices that!) or Klose yet...

Easily?

MMMmmmm.

Who do you support?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Zlatan is, no doubt.

Scoring in the Italian league is not easy, Zlatan has been brillant this season. Definitely up there IMO.

People who think he shouldn't be obviously don't watch Italian football.

My current Top 5 in no particular order.

Ibrahimovic

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Adebayor

Torres

Eto'o

That Klaas Jan Huntelaar boys not bad. Not quite a torres, ade or drogba yet.......needs to move to a bigger club.

Personally I think its between Zlatan (remember the back heel wonder finish for sweden?) and Ade THIS season, however 2 years ago it was Henry/Ronaldinho and last year it was Drogba. Maybe Clum next year?!!?!?

toss up btwn Adebayor & Ronaldo @ the moment, tho' Drogba's up there.

torres is coming onto a game @ liverpool & K J Huntelaar is banging them in, (albeit in an inferior league, but super Marco & ruud Van Nistelrooy did same & went on to bigger & better things.) :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It depends what kind of striker you are talking about.

Van Nistlerooy is definitely the best goal scorer but then I would rather watch Drogba play.

By the way, there is life outside the Premiership folks!

He will be 32, born in 1978, which is younger than Zidane when he carried the French team to the Final and only lost on pens

France were a much better team all round than Ivory Coast are now.

If people are mentioning Rooney on current form you have to mention Tevez. Playing better than Eto'o or Villa at the mo.

Easily?

MMMmmmm.

Who do you support?

Its not a biased opinion its a fact, in the league Adebayor is the leading STRIKER with 18 goals, and 21 in all competitions.

In Italy Lucarelli leads the as striker with 20 in all competitions.

Cant find the leagues for Spain and Germany etc but Adebayor I think leads.

But for a 90 minute performance, even though it may be biased, if anyone watches Adebayors performance, its flawless.

If u are goin By Form, how can u not say adriano, shevchenko? the original ronaldo ?

on form r better than anyone

would like to see if adebeyor can score goals against good teams first aswel

HMFCjamieHMFC
Very much depends on form. What has Villa done this season to merit being in there? Or Eto'o until African Nations? Ibrahimovic gets bad press here, but Rooney gets praise for average performances. Bet it's different in Italy.

You will also not find a better finisher than Ruud van Nistelrooy. Anyone who disagrees is a fool.

Eto'o has been injured most season and stats are 5 goals in 6 games in the league and 1 in 1 in the champions league

HMFCjamieHMFC
Its not a biased opinion its a fact, in the league Adebayor is the leading STRIKER with 18 goals, and 21 in all competitions.

But for a 90 minute performance, even though it may be biased, if anyone watches Adebayors performance, its flawless.

Daavid Trezeguet is the top goalscorer in the Serie A with 15

HMFCjamieHMFC

Luis Fabiano is top goalscorer in the la liga with 16 goals

Luca Toni is top goalscorer in the bundesliga with 10 goals

Benzma is top goalscorer in the ligue 1 with 15 goals

Huntelaar is top goalscorer in the eredivisie with 22 goals

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Ronaldo has scored 19 league goals and 27 in total.

Trezeguet is the Top Scorer in Serie A with 15.

Terrible Trio
Best striker in world football?

Tell you what - he's got to be close.

Fancy coming down to the Carling Cup Final with us - loads of Hearts fans going

Daavid Trezeguet is the top goalscorer in the Serie A with 15

I only googled "Top Italian top scorers"

My fault, I was wrong.

But Ade is IMO.

Ronaldo has scored 19 league goals and 27 in total.

Trezeguet is the Top Scorer in Serie A with 15.

Ronaldos a winger, not a striker. which im refering to, top strikers.

Ronaldos a winger, not a striker. which im refering to, top strikers.

and yet hes still scored more than adebayor.

IF adebayor can keep this kind of form going for a couple of seasons then I would class him as a top striker, but not just now.

Behave. Adebayor plays for an extremely attacking team which creates chance after chance; Drogba, though, is a fantastic athlete, and has been doing it for years. If Adebayor maintains this form for three or four years, then fine - but as it is, I'd have DD or Torres over him, and that's just the strikers in England, let alone Italy or Spain.

By the way, what position do we consider Carlos Tevez to be fulfilling? I know he's not an out-and-out centre forward; but he's still a striker, no?

Malcolm Tucker

Adebayor is good, aye.

But if offered either Drogba or Adebayor, I'd take Drogba.

And even above them I'd take Fernando Torres. I'm still absolutely gutted he went to Liverpool as I hate them very very much.

Putting on a biased hat though, Andy Johnson, Yakubu and James Vaughan are the best strikers in the world. Behind Nade and Velicka that is.

Archived