Wenger -- blind again

CJGJ

As usual he can't see what was in front of his face -- deserved sending off -- foot was high and had he followed through it would have been a leg breaker.

Moaning old git who has not moved with the times and is starting to show his age -- the pressure is on and he can't take it. :xmastongue:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Definite 2nd yellow. Foot was raised to about knee level and although he just touched him it was dangerous play.

The ref probably did Arsenal a favour as they got their act together when they lost a man.

If a player gets booked every time he attempts to use his body to shield the ball there will never be a game that finishes 11 versus 11.

Absolutely no intent from Adebayor and so the ref could easily have let him off; it wasn't like he was persistently fouling.

If a player gets booked every time he attempts to use his body to shield the ball there will never be a game that finishes 11 versus 11.

Absolutely no intent from Adebayor and so the ref could easily have let him off; it wasn't like he was persistently fouling.

exactly, his leg went between arbeloas, there was no intent, just shielding the ball. the only contact was adebayors arm as he stood his ground, but for slight contact arbeloa threw himself back and rolled about, once the red card was out he was up like a flash- ridiculous.

arca yesterday tried to shield the ball and got a yellow, he did make contact with johnson but no intention there either.

exactly, his leg went between arbeloas, there was no intent, just shielding the ball. the only contact was adebayors arm as he stood his ground, but for slight contact arbeloa threw himself back and rolled about, once the red card was out he was up like a flash- ridiculous.

arca yesterday tried to shield the ball and got a yellow, he did make contact with johnson but no intention there either.

As it's Christmas I'll presume you have started drinking already :xmasgrin: -- Arcas tackle was a disgrace -- he was a coward in the challenge and intent has nothing to do with it.

If you drink drive and kill someone you don't come up with a defence of 'I didn't intend to do it' and expect to get away with it.

arca's was a bad tackle but as he turned johnson slid in so couldnt do anything about it. that was a horrible challenge but adebayors wasnt which is what i was getting at, all adebayor did was shield the ball from arbeloa who came into the back of him which isnt a shocking tackle and he shouldnt of been sent off.

and dont drink and drive...

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Euan, we have had this argument already, so don't want to get involved again. All I will say is that Adebayor had been booked for a very similar foul earlier in the game and the way he went in to Arbeloa may have looked different to the referee as it did to us watching from home.

You do need to think though, if Arbeloa's leg had been in a different position, then the consequences could have been severe. I think the ref also took this into consideration as he thought it may have been intentional, so that is why the second yellow was produced. If it had been a straight red, I could understand why Wenger was complaining.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Sorry but you can't go in with your studs up at knee level. That's just asking for a booking/red.

It was definitely dangerous play. One inch to the other side and it's a potential broken leg.

Sorry but you can't go in with your studs up at knee level. That's just asking for a booking/red.

It was definitely dangerous play. One inch to the other side and it's a potential broken leg.

if he caught him, fair enough it is a booking and therefore he should be off.

but he didnt and was shielding the ball, so shouldnt have been a booking.

Totally different from yesterday's tackle. To me Adebayor was aiming between his legs to shield the ball. When I first saw it I thought it was great play.

Howard Webb had a shocker today and that is why Wenger was annoyed. There was dreadful tackles that went unpunished, free kicks that should've been given and for a while I thought he had no control of the game.

Maybe, just maybe Adebayor should've walked but people like Lucas were VERY lucky to escape with just one caution.

You're not seriously suggesting that Arca shouldn't even have been booked?!

You're not seriously suggesting that Arca shouldn't even have been booked?!

no arca should of been booked. just think adebayors wasnt a booking

I'm just watching this incident again and honestly think the ref got it spot on.

Hansen and Dixon have clearly been taking crack in the MotD2 changing rooms. I don't care of Adebayor was supposedly shielding the ball, you cannot raise your studs like that.

And to having done it previously in the game and been booked the player should clearly have known better.

no arca should of been booked. just think adebayors wasnt a booking

Oh, cool - got you. :)

Haven't seen Adebayor's challenges, but Arca's was definitely shocking!

maltese jambo

If an opposing player had studs high against any arsenal player they would have been surrounding the ref and throwing their handkerchiefs at him.

Arsene Wenger looses a lot of credability by his blatent denial that his team can do any wrong; a smart man should really admit when somethings wrong and do something about instead of singing the same bull every time it happens just makes football fans sick of it; heard him on the world service and can't really understand how he can keep a straight face while saying utter nonsence.

Wasn't even a foul never mind a yellow card. He was just trying to get himself between the defender and the ball to shield it. Was nowhere near any contact, and arbeloa should be banned for his reaction, I dont care if adebayors arm made contact with him, there was no force behind it and it was accidental. How can he fall to the ground and roll around from so little contact? poof.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agreed. Referees need to use some interpretation and common sense. It's a sad day when players are getting sent off for trying to sheild the ball and get a shot away.

As for the Liverpool guy, should get pulled up by the FA for going down like that. Delibarate attempt to con the ref into sending a fellow pro off. Thats about as low as it gets IMO.

Adebayor's second card was a 'leg breaker'? Yer having a larf - waved his gangly leg in the air in the direction of the 'pool player who then flung himself to the ground - what's football coming to if folk think that was a 'leg-breaker'.

I was at the game.

Second half was a real let down, thought we were going to be in for a footballing treat. That said, I agree with the earlier comment - once down to ten men, we attacked even more.

The booing against Liverpool and the referee was unlike anything I've heard before. To be honest, I'm not sure the fans did Arsenal much favours by doing this. If anything, it helped stifle the match. In addition, booing Robbie Keane only revs him up more (as with Bentley) and look what happened!

For those who saw it on tv, how bad was Robbies tackle on Gael in the first half? Worse than either of Ade's two yellows? Looked awful from where I was.

Deodato

Guest JamboRobbo

For those who saw it on tv, how bad was Robbies tackle on Gael in the first half? Worse than either of Ade's two yellows? Looked awful from where I was.

A bit 2 footed, definate booking, but never anything more than a yellow IMO.

He actually got the ball with one foot and it would've been a good challenge, had it not been a bit two footed, and had his trailing leg not caught the man.

On the subject of tackles, after Nades ?tackle? on Saturday the boy in front of me commented that ?there was nae malice in it?. Quote of the day. :xmasgrin:

A bit 2 footed, definate booking, but never anything more than a yellow IMO.

He actually got the ball with one foot and it would've been a good challenge, had it not been a bit two footed, and had his trailing leg not caught the man.

If you saw Keane's tackle as a booking but Adabayors as not then you are blind -- Keane won ball fairly -- Adabayor left leg out -- what is a player meant to do ? -- run on to the leg which was well off the ground ? -- having been booked earlier for the same offence where he caught the player he should have known better.

Guest JamboRobbo
If you saw Keane's tackle as a booking but Adabayors as not then you are blind -- Keane won ball fairly

I am not blind. I thought the same as you on first viewing. Then I noticed Keanes left leg. I suggest you take another look, take your eye off of Keane's right leg (which did win the ball) and look at his left (which took out the arsenal players standing leg).

Had Keane not followed through with the other leg, he'd have been fine. But he did.

Keane's tackle should have been a straight Red. Addy was unlucky with the two yellows anyone that thinks that Adebayor "tackle" was worse than Keane's really does need to go staright to the opticians. Also what an arse the commentator was for that game on MOTD2 last night never stopped singing Liverpools praises while constantly slagging the mighty Arsenal. Was absolutly raging.

Walter Bishop
Keane's tackle should have been a straight Red. Addy was unlucky with the two yellows anyone that thinks that Adebayor "tackle" was worse than Keane's really does need to go staright to the opticians. Also what an arse the commentator was for that game on MOTD2 last night never stopped singing Liverpools praises while constantly slagging the mighty Arsenal. Was absolutly raging.

OMG!! What alot of christmas wish! Keane actually got a foot to the ball!! Adebayor`s was a shocker, Referee bottled it imo it should have straight red for 2nd tackle!! Wenger is a greetin faced wrinkled puss old woman, he need s to retire as he thinks the whole world should revolve around his team.

Arsenal like Wenger are a thing of the past!!!

OMG!! What alot of christmas wish! Keane actually got a foot to the ball!! Adebayor`s was a shocker, Referee bottled it imo it should have straight red for 2nd tackle!! Wenger is a greetin faced wrinkled puss old woman, he need s to retire as he thinks the whole world should revolve around his team.

If as i suspect you are a liverpool fan then you cant really call Arsenal a thing of the past when was the last time you won the league... Liverpool are the Aberdeen of the south! Still living in the 70's/80's

As usual he can't see what was in front of his face -- deserved sending off -- foot was high and had he followed through it would have been a leg breaker.

Moaning old git who has not moved with the times and is starting to show his age -- the pressure is on and he can't take it. :xmastongue:

Bulls***!

So how did it take Abeldour or whatever his name is about 2 seconds to react after being fouled?

He wasnt even hit in the face and he was holding his face like he had been assaulted in a night club.

First Kuyt, the Babel now that Spanish Defender.

Liverpool are full of cheats and add Gerrard to that list you have a near full team of them.

And if Adebayors was a red, then why wasnt Keane sent off the 1st half for nearly taking out Clichys leg or even Carragher, he was definately last man when I think it was Nasri raced through.

Bulls***!

So how did it take Abeldour or whatever his name is about 2 seconds to react after being fouled?

He wasnt even hit in the face and he was holding his face like he had been assaulted in a night club.

Liverpool are full of cheats and add Gerrard to that list you have a near full team of them.

And if Adebayors was a red, then why wasnt Keane sent off the 1st half for nearly taking out Clichys leg or even Carragher, he was definately last man when I think it was Nasri raced through.

This man knows his stuff!! Apart from the spelling mistakes

Yeah thats how Arsenal have won the league in the last 15 years, have Liverpool?

And thats why Wenger won French coach of the year, not bad for someone thats "a thing of the past"

Liverpool will NOT win the league, they are so boring to watch and even more embarresing, Arsenal were the better team with 10 men aswell, and you hub cap stealers as usual get away with murder.

Yeah thats how Arsenal have won the league in the last 15 years, have Liverpool?

And thats why Wenger won French coach of the year, not bad for someone thats "a thing of the past"

Liverpool will NOT win the league, they are so boring to watch and even more embarresing, Arsenal were the better team with 10 men aswell, and you hub cap stealers as usual get away with murder.

You cant reason with Pool fans just let them wallow in their misery and in the past. Awaits L'pool fan to come on talking about history, five times, kings of europe etc etc :xmaszip::xmaszip:

You cant reason with Pool fans just let them wallow in their misery and in the past. Awaits L'pool fan to come on talking about history, five times, kings of europe etc etc :xmaszip::xmaszip:

Was actually going to say that but Im waiting with baited breath for it to be said.

Didnt Monaco make the final of the CL, Anyone can do it.

Was actually going to say that but Im waiting with baited breath for it to be said.

Didnt Monaco make the final of the CL, Anyone can do it.

Albeit Arsenal apparently can't win it. :)

Hang on. Who else is there? No-one's doubting Wenger's record or credentials, incidentally - but what is coming into question is why he's so stubborn in refusing to spend, and especially why Arsenal have no leaders or ball winners in the middle of the park. They were crucial in all Wenger's successful Arsenal sides - but he seems to have thrown the baby out with the bathwater to me. No bite and no leaders = no trophies, and certainly no title.

Albeit Arsenal apparently can't win it. :)

But Arsenal have won the bread and butter in the least 15 and more years... the EPL, would rather win that than Europe any day.

I remember a certain Michael Thomas scoring the winner at Anfield 1989, at Scranfield, brilliant, when after that have you won the league....

Hang on. Who else is there? No-one's doubting Wenger's record or credentials, incidentally - but what is coming into question is why he's so stubborn in refusing to spend, and especially why Arsenal have no leaders or ball winners in the middle of the park. They were crucial in all Wenger's successful Arsenal sides - but he seems to have thrown the baby out with the bathwater to me. No bite and no leaders = no trophies, and certainly no title.

Your changing you amazing perception that Arsenal are finished.

Your going back on what you said.

Wait till the end of the season

Wenger was the 1st to introduce the type of player like Vieria to the prem now every team has them. So Wenger is simply adopting a new approch with to small creative midfielders in Denilsion and Cesc and when we win the league this year or next i await Man ure Chelski and the others to follow his lead like they all ways do. Easily the best overall manager in the world at this moment.

Your changing you amazing perception that Arsenal are finished.

Your going back on what you said.

Wait till the end of the season

You're right: I did think you'd fare better than you have. And I certainly don't think you're finished, kearney; but I think the league'll be about whether you come 4th or 5th (even if it's 4th, remember how devilishly tough the CL qualifier will be from next season), and have a suspicion Roma will put you out. In which case, better hope you do the business in the FA Cup!

Wenger was the 1st to introduce the type of player like Vieria to the prem now every team has them. So Wenger is simply adopting a new approch with to small creative midfielders in Denilsion and Cesc and when we win the league this year or next i await Man ure Chelski and the others to follow his lead like they all ways do. Easily the best overall manager in the world at this moment.

Pound for pound, I would agree. Thing is though, once you get past a certain point, there are no new tactical ideas in football; old ones are just recycled and depicted as 'new' instead. Liverpool's current template is quite similar to the one Wenger inherited, and didn't fundamentally change en route to winning the 1998 title - why does AW seem to regard a couple of decent holding players as such a huge sacrifice?

I'll always believe the 2002 side was his best - weird as it sounds, better than the Invincibles. Because they had a fantastic combination of awesomely good football, toughness and grit. I think the balance had started to tilt the other way by 2004, and is miles out of kilter now - and laudable though his principles are, his current side are starting to come across like an extremely risky experiment, which just isn't delivering.

Seymour M Hersh
Bulls***!

Greetin faced we boy spits dummy out and throws toys out the pram. Ersenal have just as many "cheats" as every other EPL team. It was a 2nd yellow not a straight red as well. At least have some modicum of accuracy when you come on whining like your manager.

was never a sending off.

if you watch every other arsenal match, adebayor does that in everyone! all he trys to do is put himself between the ball and the defender! there was no malice in it at all.

Walter Bishop
If as i suspect you are a liverpool fan then you cant really call Arsenal a thing of the past when was the last time you won the league... Liverpool are the Aberdeen of the south! Still living in the 70's/80's

No Im a hearts fan that cant stand greetin face Wenger. He should be in a nursing home.

Walter Bishop

:xmashappy::xmashappy::xmashappy::xmashappy:

Someones been on the Sherry!!!

Arsenal arent even the 5th best team in the league, they wont win anything under Wenger again unless he changes his Celtic way of signing young french boys!!:xmascrazy:

was never a sending off.

if you watch every other arsenal match, adebayor does that in everyone! all he trys to do is put himself between the ball and the defender! there was no malice in it at all.

I agree with that part but he raised his studs and having already been booked for the same challenge he was an absolute idiot to do it again.

The ref got it spot on.

Archived