The Christmas Story - 2008

The Doctor

This is an alternative version of the nativity story as found in Luke's gospel, I thought it was kind of funny and true. I'm not posting it with an agenda, I just thought you might enjoy it.

Have a Happy Christmas!

JOY TO THE MALL ?

And it came to pass that in those days a decree went out from the Treasury that all people should go shopping. This was when the leading economic indicators dropped to their lowest point. And all went out to shop, each to his own mall. And a Christian went up from his suburban home to the city in with its many malls, because he wanted to prove he was from the household of prosperity. And with him was his wife who was with great economic worry. And so it was that while they were there, they found many expensive presents. And the wife wrote cheques for those they could afford, and charged the rest on many kinds of plastic cards. She wrapped the presents on bright paper and laid them in the garage for there was no room for them in the closet.

And in that region, there were children keeping watch over their stockings by night. And lo, Santa Claus came upon them and said to them, ?Fear not, for I bring you good news of joy, which will come to all people who can afford this holiday. For to you are given this day, in your suburban home, many presents. And this will be a sign for you, you will find your presents wrapped in bright paper lying beneath a green tree adorned with tinsel, coloured balls and lights?.

And suddenly, there was Santa with a multitude of relatives and friends praising one another, saying ?Glory to you for getting me this gift. It?s just what I wanted?. And it came to pass, when the friends and relatives were gone away unto their own homes, the parents said to each other, ?I?m sure glad that?s over?. And they wondered at those things that were sold to them by the storekeepers. But the children treasured all their things in their hearts, hoarding their toys from each other. And the parents went to bed glorifying and praising each other for all the bargains they had found in the stores.

Archived