Ticket Office Yesterday

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

The BBC Scotland commentator spent much of the first half yesterday commenting on "chaos" at the ticket office leading to threat of kick-off delay and people still making their way into the game mid-way through the first half. JKB is usually not slow to pick up on this sort of thing, so did this happen?

Dean Winchester

Guy next to me and behind me got a text just as the players where coming out saying the same thing and kick off would be delayed. If you ask me sounds like alot of people just decided to go at the last minute and the ticket office wasnt equipped to deal with them all.

I had a problem with cup tickets which I resolved on the phone on Friday. I turned up a bit early and joined a fairly short queue. I was in and out in about ten minutes max. The place was well staffed. I thought I was being sensible in turning up early. Perhaps a little forethought might be in order here. The knee jerk reaction is usually to blame the club and its organization, but I am sure we could help.

The almost automatic response of the media is, of course, to blame the club and specifically the foreign johnnies who own and run it. Whatever you do, don't mention the packed ground on a traditionally sparsely populated fixture.

Pretty sure the website said Cup Tickets would only be dealt with up til 12pm but no doubt people turned up trying to get them at 2.30 yesterday.

Ticket office have always been excellent in my dealings with them.

scott herbertson

The BBC's live text service said kick off was delayed at Ibrox but nothing about Hearts - the text service had both the games starting at same time, so no delay

Nevermind though, it's a shambles at Hearts and an utttttttttter disgrace and VR should be ashamed of himself

Okay , so do HMFC get more staff in TO on match days , would it make a difference , you've only got 3 'windows' or should punters get their tickets in advance , i mean they have been on sale for about 3/4 weeks!

I know a certain percantage of fans cant get to the TO during the week and decided to go to the game at the last minute but any business would struggle with a higher than anticipated influx of customers all walking in off the street at the same time.

I dont think we can blame this one on Vlad poeple if anything the HMFC marketing team should be given a pat on the back for bringing all these punters in at the last minute , they were still advertising tickets for the game on the radio on Friday afternoon. This is my take on it anyway fwiw.

Okay , so do HMFC get more staff in TO on match days , would it make a difference , you've only got 3 'windows' or should punters get their tickets in advance , i mean they have been on sale for about 3/4 weeks!

They have been on sale for a lot longer than that,tickets for all home games are on sale from the begining of the season.you can buy a ticket for the last game(before the split) now.They do have more staff in on match days but if a lot of people turn up at the last minute there is not much they can do,personaly i think they do a great job.:xmasgrin:

wheatfield to sheffield

Got there at 2.20, picking up season tickets that had got lost in the post (grrr). Then we were queing from the door of the ticket office. They split the queue into 2 - people collecting tickets or those buying tickets for the game. Anyone wanting to buy tickets for any other game got turned away. When we came out at 2.45, the queue was back onto McLeod Street.

Don't know if they all kept queuing or if the t/o was open after the game and people could come back or not.

Queue was well behaved and the stewards and t/o staff were all very helpful.

Okay ' date=' so do HMFC get more staff in TO on match days , would it make a difference , you've only got 3 'windows' or should punters get their tickets in advance , i mean they have been on sale for about [b']3/4 weeks[/b]!

They have been on sale for a lot longer than that,tickets for all home games are on sale from the begining of the season.you can buy a ticket for the last game(before the split) now.They do have more staff in on match days but if a lot of people turn up at the last minute there is not much they can do,personaly i think they do a great job.:xmasgrin:

Agreed Peter , credit where credits due , i know the TO get a lot of stick on here but there is not a lot you can do if 200 punters arrive at the ticket office at 2/2.30 on match day.

was yesterdays game the 1st one of the half season ticket????

Technically yes , you got a gratis D utd ticket with your half season ticket , first game officially is hibs.

I went to the ticket office at about 1.50 to collect a ticket I had ordered via the internet. the queue was fairly big but was moving along okay. A steward then came along the line asking if you were picking up or buying, people who were buying were directed into a different queue only to be told when they got further up that it was for the cup game only - tickets for yesterdays match was back in the big queue. After losing ther space in the line people moved to the back without to many protests.

I was standing in the line for collections and finally got inside the door cursing myself for not going to collect it sooner, the banter among the fans waiting was great and no-one seemed to annoyed at the wait. Then JP, who used to work in the shop, came in saw the queue's and got on the radio to the TO staff telling them to halt all cup ticket sales and to put most of the staff on to collections only - 5 mins later i was heading out the TO and I did notice the queue was all the way up McLeod St, however i didnt think there would be a problem as the collections line was moving very fast and the staff were great.

I for one did not see any chaos outside or inside the TO

The BBC Scotland commentator spent much of the first half yesterday commenting on "chaos" at the ticket office leading to threat of kick-off delay and people still making their way into the game mid-way through the first half. JKB is usually not slow to pick up on this sort of thing, so did this happen?

I saw the queue when I was going in to the stadium and my only thought was that it was great that so many had decided to come along at the last minute. It's a shame the BBC didn't correlate the 'chaos' with the fact that we had a pretty outstanding turnout for the weekend before Christmas. Pfft.

If that's chaos, I'd be happy to see it every week. :)

In fairness to the Beeb they were responding to a txt message they'd received i the studio along the lines of "Chaos at ticket office, worst run club in the country" or something. Assuming that WAS from a Hearts fan it was therefore a Hearts fan that stirred up the story...

The q was probably due to people like me who, having only bought their ticket on tinternet on thursday night picked the (cheaper) collection option..

I stayed in the horseshoe until after 25 to 3 forgetting how fat and unfit I am now and with a belly full of heavy was never going to make record time along to the TO!!

I'll leave the last pint next time and leave for about 20 past!

There were utd fans in the q aswell and even at 5 to 3 we were still being told that there were 2 q's, cash and collection. NO MENTION of cash sales being only for cup games or anything else..

My seat was in section B and I was seated at about 5 past so didn't miss much...

TO staff and stewards, although busy, were courteous and as efficient as they could..

Indeed the only grumbles being that the powers that be hadn't put a permanent steward on the TO door to advise on q split.

Only grumbles from fans q'ing were about how lazy, stupid and cheap we all were for not having the tickets posted to our home addresses and staying in pubs too long!!

It's still Vlads fault, so he can take Obua and GTF.

went in about 2.15 to buy hibs cup ticket.q was fairly short and well inside building.there was 1 guy having a heated conversation with a steward.don,t know what this was about but steward then asked for police assistance.guy then threatened the staff before leaving.total knob!by time i left around 2.30 the q was well outside the building.my only gripe with the ticket office is it must the only one where it doesn,t open up for an hour after the game.for me that is a disgrace.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I'm in Glasgow and was taking one of my friends so I didn't have much option but to queue before kickoff to collect the ticket. I probably could have went earlier but I didn't expect the queue to be nearly so big, it's always been fine every other day. I was a little disappointed to miss kickoff. Hearts know in advance how many people are collecting tickets and it they'd made some sort of announcement on the website the day before i could have went earlier.

Tbh will never understand why hearts stopped using the cubicles or the old TO on match day.

Yes we needed a better TO but these were perfect for collection and match day sales and would increase customer satisfaction and speed

Technically yes , you got a gratis D utd ticket with your half season ticket , first game officially is hibs.
It' just i turned up at the turnstyle and they wanted ticket 8 but my book started at nine so i had to go to the ticket office and ended up missing the first ten mins.

Turned up last minute with daughter. Queued at 2.45 - served efficiently and was seated by 3.10pm. No chaos - staff were great as well as fans (both sides) and steward. If that is the level that the BBC stoop to then they are no better than some of the sleazy tabloids. Makes you wonder about journalists!

Archived