We Berra get ?4m - Deans

The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2041253.ece

I didnt read through this story properly, but it had the hint of a story I read last week with mentions of Allan Johnson being lured away by money.

All in all, I dont see how this is a 'exclusive' as they put it, just a comment from a former chairman....but I actually agree with what he says!

For some reason, I just don't think Berra's going to leave this January. And there's no way he's worth ?4m.

If he does and goes to the Premiership, he'll be out of his depth big time if he gets a game, IMO.

Is it just me or is Leslie Deans popping up more than usual in the press these days ?

I'm never sure if Deans is a Vlad mouthpiece or just a mouthpiece.

If Berra goes for 4 million or more, then i'll eat my Christmas hat. :xmascrazy:

It will go nicely with your gruel ya peasant!

He's an under contract captain of Hearts, aged just 23, on fantastic form, great in the air at both ends of the pitch, with pace; playing for a team that are flying and is an internationalist.

Why shouldn't he be worth ?4M?

Buffalo Bill

He's an under contract captain of Hearts, aged just 23, on fantastic form, great in the air at both ends of the pitch, with pace; playing for a team that are flying and is an internationalist.

Buffalo Bill

With the money which has been splashed about in the EPL on quite ordinary players I would have thought ?4m was a steal !

Buffalo Bill

Exactly

Why should Bougherra be rated at ?3.5m but Berra not for similar.I know who i would rather have.

Deans is doing the club a great favour.

It's all about hype.

The Hobos somehow managed to to get the media to constantly bleat on about their "crop of young stars" and they got about ?15m as a direct result for some good/average players.

If we are looking to clear our debt using the same method, then we need people in the media talking up our players.

I would put Christophe's value at about ?3m at the moment with the potential to rise to ?5m if he continues his form here and gets more starts for the national team.

Anyone who doesn't rate Berra as being worth ?3-4m only has to look at some recent transfers involving SPL players moving on to bigger clubs.

Whether you rate them as highly as the buying club did at the time, is irrelevant.

Alan Hutton ?8m

Scott Brown ?4.4m

Roman Bednar ?2.3m

Kevin Thomson ?2m

Don't particularly want to see Berra go, but if you're talking ?3-4M for a defender we should take it. Far easier to replace.

The Future's Maroon
If Goncalves is rated at ?3m by Vlad then I think that ?4m for Berra might just be a bit low
Thats a very good point by the way! :xmasgrin:

There's no way that Berra's going for ?4 million. English clubs won't spend that much on a centre half who's only proven at SPL level.

The Future's Maroon

But an English Club will pay DOUBLE that for a right back (Hutton) - dont say he was a Scotland regular, because he doesnt have that many Caps.

But an English Club will pay DOUBLE that for a right back (Hutton) - dont say he was a Scotland regular, because he doesnt have that many Caps.

He was a regular in that he was playing regularly at that level and doing well. Anyone who thinks that we'll get ?4 million for Berra is deluded.

Charlie-Brown

Clubs looking at premiership relegation or promotion are playing for massive stakes & are those most likely to spend or pay higher prices.

Archived