Who do you think will go in January?

JamboJen

Who do you think will go? (Mulit-choice)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you think will go? (Mulit-choice)

(Poll to follow)

Given all the press about fire-sales etc I thought I'd see who the people of JKB expect to leave the club in January.

None of us have any real idea of the club's finances and possible problems but no doubt we have all formed our own opinions on what Vlad/Csaba will do in January.

So who do you think will go? I think Larry Kingston will definately be away but out of current first-teamers that may be it.

Hopefully Makela and Audrey but I'm struggling to think of other fringe players.

I voted everyone.

Expect anyone for who moderate money is offered or the chance to get rid of will go, I firmly believe we are financially in the crap and would expect clubs to be getting ready to take advantage.

Dont think anyone at all is safe

O goody another daily "Who do you thinks going in January" thread....only another 16 to go till the 1st of Jan :xmascrazy:

Is it only me thats totally ****ed off with these threads,do the people that start them never read previous pages and see there is Hundreds the same:xmasunsure

O goody another daily "Who do you thinks going in January" thread....only another 16 to go till the 1st of Jan :xmascrazy:

Is it only me thats totally ****ed off with these threads,do the people that start them never read previous pages and see there is Hundreds the same:xmasunsure

You didn't have to read it, the title was pretty self explanatary. I, for one, don't think we will have a "fire sale" and as I said think Kingston might be the only other person to go, which so far everyone else who has voted also thinks he will go.

I am as ****ed off as you with all the "we're going to sell the entire team in January"/"predict the team for the Hibs match" threads. I was hoping this one would be a slightly more posivite outlook on things.

I voted everyone.

Expect anyone for who moderate money is offered or the chance to get rid of will go, I firmly believe we are financially in the crap and would expect clubs to be getting ready to take advantage.

Prancer - give it a rest.

FWIW I don't expect anyone to go for moderate money, they will go for a "fair" price

Hackney Hearts
I voted everyone.

The poll asks who you think will go. You actually think they'll all go?

That's a different matter, and may well be true.

loveofthegame

I voted Kingston and Makela from that list, plus others not mentioned. Any others i really don't want to leave in Jan, and sincerely hope we hold onto them all until at least summer. We shall see though.

I don't think that the departures will be half as bad as many are making out.

Kingston, and Makela are racing certainties. I also think that Chesney, Miko and Zal may well be on their way along with some of the fringe players from the reserves such as Craig Sives.

I don't think that the departures will be half as bad as many are making out.

Kingston, and Makela are racing certainties. I also think that Chesney, Miko and Zal may well be on their way along with some of the fringe players from the reserves such as Craig Sives.

Who do you think is going to want Makela that can afford him?

boabyarsebiscuit

Impossible to say. It will all come down to acceptable offers being received (e.g. Driver), or payoffs being agreed (e.g. Makela).

I'm nervous about January even if half the rumours about the current financial situation are to be believed. We have a pretty consistent line-up these days, and I would not like to see the team ripped apart by too many January sales.

Interesting transfer window ahead.

I'm sure that someone will. Probably a good chance he will land up back playing in Scandinavia He's only got six months of his contract left and even if we loan him out over that period it will reduce the wage bill.

Drylaw Hearts

FWIW.............

I think the next 2 Transfer Windows is going to see some major in and outs at Hearts.

Genuine Possible/Probable Outs :

Banks - No point in keeping him.

Kello - Has lost his place in Top 2 Goalies.

The Balogh - Loan deal runs out next month.

Zaliukas - Rumour of bid from Moscow.

Berra - The most likely to go imo.

Wallace - Possible OF interest - both need a LB.

Goncalves - Hopefully he'll stay at Nuremberg.

Neilson - Out of contract in Summer.

Karapidis - Out of Contract in Summer.

Kingston - Along with Berra he's the most likely to go.

Aguiar - Out of contract in Summer.

No.16 - Only here on loan.

Miko - Has admitted he wants to go.

Chesney - I'm hoping he goes.

Obua - I hope Newcastle follow up their interest.

Driver - A cert for the Championship.

Ksanavicuis - Loan deal runs out in the Summer.

Nade - They will want to get his big salary off the books asap.

Makela - Out of contract in the Summer

Elliot - Has been told he can leave.

Mole - Cannot be rated - surely ?

Tullberg - Loan deal runs out in Summer.

Along with several youth players.

I voted everyone.

http://www.ub.lt/ShowPage.aspx?MenuC=1568&ShowDoc=news.2008_12_11&PageLang=ENG&PageFontSize=&BackUrlName=All%20news&BackUrlHref=AllNewsHref

I'm sure that someone will. Probably a good chance he will land up back playing in Scandinavia He's only got six months of his contract left and even if we loan him out over that period it will reduce the wage bill.

I think your missing my point though.

Juho Makela depending on the figures you believe is earning 5k a week plus, possibly with a significant match bonus. A lot of footballers also get deals these days for "completing" contracts.

There is absolutely no reason Makela himself is going to leave for 6 months without a significant pay off from hearts.

Scandinavian football is also of limited wealth, whilst I am sure there are plenty of clubs over there who would take him I doubt they could even afford to pick up a quarter of his wages and that is the stumbling block.

So to conclude we are fecked, not because no one will take him but because of Pedro Lopez's negotiation skills . Was it not Makela he allegedly made the mistake with and gave too much?

I think tbh we are either stuck with Makela til the summer of facing an expensive pay off bill.

iamcraigbeattie
What does that have to do with anything on this thread ?

You mean you cant see it ?? It clearly states all the players that are leaving in january.

boabyarsebiscuit

Juho Makela depending on the figures you believe is earning 5k a week plus, possibly with a significant match bonus. A lot of footballers also get deals these days for "completing" contracts.

There is absolutely no reason Makela himself is going to leave for 6 months without a significant pay off from hearts.

Scandinavian football is also of limited wealth, whilst I am sure there are plenty of clubs over there who would take him I doubt they could even afford to pick up a quarter of his wages and that is the stumbling block.

So to conclude we are fecked, not because no one will take him but because of Pedro Lopez's negotiation skills . Was it not Makela he allegedly made the mistake with and gave too much?

I think tbh we are either stuck with Makela til the summer of facing an expensive pay off bill.

It's entirely possible that Makela will need to be "incentivized" to go.

He'll probably end up back in Finland, maybe on loan with Hearts funding a % of his wages. Which as far as cutting our losses is concerned is probably the best we can hope for.

Drylaw Hearts

If he does head to Scandanavia...

He may want to take the long term view and find himself a Club during their winter break and sign asap rather than be stuck in limbo during the summer.

FWIW.............

I think the next 2 Transfer Windows is going to see some major in and outs at Hearts.

Genuine Possible/Probable Outs :

Banks - No point in keeping him.

Kello - Has lost his place in Top 2 Goalies.

The Balogh - Loan deal runs out next month.

Zaliukas - Rumour of bid from Moscow.

Berra - The most likely to go imo.

Wallace - Possible OF interest - both need a LB.

Goncalves - Hopefully he'll stay at Nuremberg.

Neilson - Out of contract in Summer.

Karapidis - Out of Contract in Summer.

Kingston - Along with Berra he's the most likely to go.

Aguiar - Out of contract in Summer.

No.16 - Only here on loan.

Miko - Has admitted he wants to go.

Chesney - I'm hoping he goes.

Obua - I hope Newcastle follow up their interest.

Driver - A cert for the Championship.

Ksanavicuis - Loan deal runs out in the Summer.

Nade - They will want to get his big salary off the books asap.

Makela - Out of contract in the Summer

Elliot - Has been told he can leave.

Mole - Cannot be rated - surely ?

Tullberg - Loan deal runs out in Summer.

Along with several youth players.

Is anyone staying:xmascrazy:

Sexton Hardcastle

Its quite funny that people rip into the op of these types of threads yet still go on to argue who should/shouldnt go.

Drylaw Hearts
You mean you cant see it ?? It clearly states all the players that are leaving in january.

?

Can you explain further ?

Guest Dipped Flake

Make up your mind. First we are screwed as everyone will go and now we are screwed because Makela won't go.

Please explain the relevance of your link?

well u said u think financially we're in the ****, and ur not the only one, but it shows ukio bankas are doing pretty well in these bad times, so maybe our alleged financial problems aren't so bad

If he does head to Scandanavia...

He may want to take the long term view and find himself a Club during their winter break and sign asap rather than be stuck in limbo during the summer.

He could also think that for 5 or so months its worth it for 5k a week.

I cant see us getting rid of Makela without taking a significant financial hit against the future value of his remaining contract.

I just dont think that 5 months or so is going to damage his career long term enough to convince him to take the hint.

If he had another 2 or 3 years to go then possibly, but he doesnt.

Yes I agree that he along with Besliga have been disastrous signings for this club and who ever DID bring them here and negotiate their contracts should be taken out and hung.

As far as Makela is concerned it may be that we will be struck with him here till June - but hopefully if we can't get rid of him permanently we will get him out on loan. I don't see the point in allowing him to do nothing more than warm the bench here and be paid for it.

well u said u think financially we're in the ****, and ur not the only one, but it shows ukio bankas are doing pretty well in these bad times, so maybe our alleged financial problems aren't so bad

I must have missed when hearts became Ukio Bank.

Hearts financial situation has very little to do with this announcement, and it certainly isnt going to suddenly improve our cash flow situation to avoid what I think is coming,

Guest JamboRobbo
Make up your mind. First we are screwed as everyone will go and now we are screwed because Makela won't go.

:nooo: If everyone goes except Makela, then we really are in trouble. :xmasgrin:

My point is that even if we do get Makela to go early, its going to be at a large financial hit.

Hearts financial situation has very little to do with this announcement, and it certainly isnt going to suddenly improve our cash flow situation to avoid what I think is coming,

did u also miss the bit that hearts are funded by an investment group owned by ukio bankas? theres a link there if u look for it

i'm not claiming that it'll instantly improve our liquidity, a bigger part of me is trying to get rid of the speculation that we're skint, because theres no proof of that

boabyarsebiscuit
My point is that even if we do get Makela to go early, its going to be at a large financial hit.

Let's say Makela is on 5 grand a week. We'll ignore goals scored and win bonuses, as he doesn't play for our first team.

We'll pretend Djurgardens or Viking Stavanger want him (they both pay decent wages, ask Velicka or Miko).

Hearts say they'll pay 2 grand a week of Makela's wages until the end of May. Djurgardens / Viking pay the rest. That frees up 3 grand a week.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, no?

Guest JamboRobbo
Let's say Makela is on 5 grand a week. We'll ignore goals scored and win bonuses, as he doesn't play for our first team.

We'll pretend Djurgardens or Viking Stavanger want him (they both pay decent wages, ask Velicka or Miko).

Hearts say they'll pay 2 grand a week of Makela's wages until the end of May. Djurgardens / Viking pay the rest. That frees up 3 grand a week.

If we do manage to get rid of Makela, that'll be the sort of deal IMO. Where we pay a % of his wages, he maybe gives up a wee bit, and the club getting him pays a bit.

did u also miss the bit that hearts are funded by an investment group owned by ukio bankas? theres a link there if u look for it

i'm not claiming that it'll instantly improve our liquidity, a bigger part of me is trying to get rid of the speculation that we're skint, because theres no proof of that

Wrong....

UBIG own shares in UKIO.

Its a big difference, the best that will happen is UKIO pay a dividend to UBIG - they may just reinvest the profits.

Even then its unlikely UBIG would make enough or pass it on to save hearts from what it looks like coming.

We are skint, and there is plenty of indication of it.

Its better than nothing but even that sort of deal is only going to save us 50k or so.

Not exactly enough to keep any of our other assets.

I do think thats exactly the sort of deal we get except he might go now and we give him a part pay off.

Either way its going to be an expensive financial hit and isnt really going to prevent anything else. Every little bit helps though.

Drylaw Hearts
Is anyone staying:xmascrazy:

And I forget Basso.

Thats 23 players !!!

4 who's loan deals expire - The Balogh, Tullberg, No 16 and Ksanavicuis

4 who's contracts expire - Neilson, Karapidis, Aguiar and Makela

4 no longer quoted - Banks, Basso, Elliot and Kello

1 wants to leave - Miko

2 are hopeless - Mole and Chesney

6 rumoured to be interesting other Clubs - Berra, Wallace, Zaliukas, Kingston, Driver and Obua

1 other on a big salary - Nade

1 already out on loan - Goncalves

Drylaw Hearts
He could also think that for 5 or so months its worth it for 5k a week.

I cant see us getting rid of Makela without taking a significant financial hit against the future value of his remaining contract.

I just dont think that 5 months or so is going to damage his career long term enough to convince him to take the hint.

If he had another 2 or 3 years to go then possibly, but he doesnt.

I think a deal will be struck to get rid asap.

Wrong....

UBIG own shares in UKIO.

Its a big difference, the best that will happen is UKIO pay a dividend to UBIG - they may just reinvest the profits.

Even then its unlikely UBIG would make enough or pass it on to save hearts from what it looks like coming.

We are skint, and there is plenty of indication of it.

so negative... smile, it's not happened yet!:)

as u say, theres indications that we're skint, but no proof. theres indications that we have money too, but nobody wants to write about that because it doesn't sell papers, players have been payed, and arbroath are expecting to get payed, romanov has always had issues paying clubs, usually though apparent grudges he holds (beslija) but it's only now that theres a recession that everyone jumps to the conclusion that we're penniless and need to sell all our players. i'm not claiming to know the answers, let's just wait and see

boabyarsebiscuit
And I forget Basso.

Thats 23 players !!!

4 who's loan deals expire - The Balogh, Tullberg, No 16 and Ksanavicuis

4 who's contracts expire - Neilson, Karapidis, Aguiar and Makela

4 no longer quoted - Banks, Basso, Elliot and Kello

1 wants to leave - Miko

2 are hopeless - Mole and Chesney

6 rumoured to be interesting other Clubs - Berra, Wallace, Zaliukas, Kingston, Driver and Obua

1 other on a big salary - Nade

1 already out on loan - Goncalves

You sure about Ksanavicius? I thought he signed a 3 year deal off the back of his initial loan spell.

Drylaw Hearts
You sure about Ksanavicius? I thought he signed a 3 year deal off the back of his initial loan spell.

I sincerely hope you're wrong.

I thought/hoped he only signed another 1 year loan deal.

boabyarsebiscuit
I sincerely hope you're wrong.

I thought/hoped he only signed another 1 year loan deal.

You could well be right. 15 month extension last March.

"My bad", as the kids say.

Why is it when UKIO/UBIG are rumored to be in trouble it has everything to do with Hearts cash flow situation?

What is it you think is coming?

Why is it when UKIO/UBIG are rumored to be in trouble it has everything to do with Hearts cash flow situation?

What is it you think is coming?

Firstly Ubig and Ukio are entirey seperate

I dont think Ukio have much impact on hearts at all, Ubig slightly more, as all our money seems to end up with them and be transferred back as we need it (or not as recent examples show). As far as I am aware neither is making particularly great profits anyway,not in western terms or to suggest they are going to turn round and bail hearts out of the financial hole we are in.

As for what I think is coming, large numbers of players outgoing for far less than we could get if we werent so needy of cash inflows, and possibly long term financial disaster unless serious steps are put in place to ensure we become sufficient and soon as we wont have folk to sell next time to bail us out. Its all great the little soundbites about moving towards sustainability and50% wage to turnover ratios, but well they are throw out of the water by the reality.

Firstly Ubig and Ukio are entirey seperate

I dont think Ukio have much impact on hearts at all, Ubig slightly more, as all our money seems to end up with them and be transferred back as we need it (or not as recent examples show). As far as I am aware neither is making particularly great profits anyway,not in western terms or to suggest they are going to turn round and bail hearts out of the financial hole we are in.

As for what I think is coming, large numbers of players outgoing for far less than we could get if we werent so needy of cash inflows, and possibly long term financial disaster unless serious steps are put in place to ensure we become sufficient and soon as we wont have folk to sell next time to bail us out. Its all great the little soundbites about moving towards sustainability and50% wage to turnover ratios, but well they are throw out of the water by the reality.

I know they're seperate but when one or the other are mentioned on here as being in financial difficulty the board goes into meltdown on Hearts impending doom. So why when some decent financial results are mentioned involving either company does it have nothing to do with Hearts?

As for what you think is coming...I hope you're wrong!

Charlie-Brown

Csaba said at the trust meeting the plan is 8 out and 3 in (if possible)

There are 3 aspects to this 1) reduce the total wage bill 2) generate money to stabilise club finances 3) reduce the size of the playing squad.

He didn't name any names and said it would be entirely dependant upon what offers/bids came in and if they were acceptable to the club with the preference being moving on some expensive squad players who don't play very often, although dependant on bids couldn't rule out any of Kingston, Berra or Driver being sold but on the clubs terms.

Archived