Transfer targets

bighusref

Now, this is not another fire sale thread, nor is it a rumour based thread.

I note today that C*lt!c are on the brink of signing two players. This is not the first time they have done this, they bought McDonald out of a window and got a good deal for him because of that IMO. I feel that clubs often restrict themselves to January and August for signing players, and would love to think that Hearts have made approaches or even agreed terms with future players already. It has been reported on here from various fans that various players (pretty much all bar Neilson and Mole!) are set to leave in January, I really hope that if this is the case, Hearts are being pro-active in their pursuit of new talent.

Of course, players signed outwith January will not be able to play for us until January, however that should not stop us making our moves now.

Its simply a case of celtic announce the deals earlier, there wont be one football club in britain, who, simply stop transfer dealings between 1st Sept and 31st Dec.

Hibs for example signed Johannsen and have allegedly got Szamatoulski signed up, both are with the squad and training, it just isnt made a big deal of.

Its simply a case of celtic announce the deals earlier, there wont be one football club in britain, who, simply stop transfer dealings between 1st Sept and 31st Dec.

Hibs for example signed Johannsen and have allegedly got Szamatoulski signed up, both are with the squad and training, it just isnt made a big deal of.

...and that would be fine if it were the case at Hearts. However, if that were the case, Hearts would be announcing a signing at the start of the month. I fear we will not start approaching players until January, allowing a feeding frenzy.

Now, this is not another fire sale thread, nor is it a rumour based thread.

I note today that C*lt!c are on the brink of signing two players. This is not the first time they have done this, they bought McDonald out of a window and got a good deal for him because of that IMO. I feel that clubs often restrict themselves to January and August for signing players, and would love to think that Hearts have made approaches or even agreed terms with future players already. It has been reported on here from various fans that various players (pretty much all bar Neilson and Mole!) are set to leave in January, I really hope that if this is the case, Hearts are being pro-active in their pursuit of new talent.

Of course, players signed outwith January will not be able to play for us until January, however that should not stop us making our moves now.

Only cause nobody would have him :xmascrazy:

We should get a donation day organised, see if we can raise enough money to cancel his contract................

Oh come on im only kiddin, though double shifts of training for mole :torture: hehe

Only cause nobody would have him :xmascrazy:

We should get a donation day organised, see if we can raise enough money to cancel his contract................

Oh come on im only kiddin, though double shifts of training for mole :torture: hehe

You should see him on Fifa 09 on the xbox 360, sh*t hot and scores for fun. Based purely on this I think there is potential there just waiting to be realised!:xmastongue:

You should see him on Fifa 09 on the xbox 360, sh*t hot and scores for fun. Based purely on this I think there is potential there just waiting to be realised!:xmastongue:

Mabye it's time to move of the amature level :xmasgrin:

I wonder if McGinn is being signed for the same reasons they signed Paddy McCourt :(

Re the OP, both celtics signings are not confirmed and are prospects, we signed the young lithuanian after the window did we not?

I wonder if McGinn is being signed for the same reasons they signed Paddy McCourt :(

Re the OP, both celtics signings are not confirmed and are prospects, we signed the young lithuanian after the window did we not?

I cannot remember when we signed Arvydas Niko-whatever the rest of his name is-vas. I do see what you are saying though, and it is possible, however I suspect that the Irish lad will be a first team player.

Charlie-Brown

McGinn of St Mirren is the grandson of former Celtic chairman Jack McGinn and his family have Celtic connections going back decades, the only real surprise is that he wasn't already at Celtic.....

McGinn of St Mirren is the grandson of former Celtic chairman Jack McGinn and his family have Celtic connections going back decades, the only real surprise is that he wasn't already at Celtic.....

Mcginn of some Northern irish outfit not the one from st laydown

Hearts transfer policy as a whole sucks.

How many players like Basso, Beslija, Ruben,Bruno and youths etc were given 3-5 year deals without proving themselves.

Yes a few have paid off, but the rest are crippling the club and our capabilities to compete and purchase players

Mabye it's time to move of the amature level :xmasgrin:

Jesus! Wondered why I was caning ICT 8-0!!:xmashappy:

I cannot remember when we signed Arvydas Niko-whatever the rest of his name is-vas. I do see what you are saying though, and it is possible, however I suspect that the Irish lad will be a first team player.

I'm fairly sure we signed him in the last window but due to injury he did not play until recently.

jamboinglasgow
I'm fairly sure we signed him in the last window but due to injury he did not play until recently.

I think it was a few weeks after we signed him, but it was indeed injury that kept him from playing. Looks a cracking prospect though has scored in almost all of the last few U19s games, and when I saw him play he was quick and with a good shot on him.

boabyarsebiscuit

It's this McGinn. Very highly regarded - and if Roberto Martinez rates him, he must be half decent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7782390.stm

Sorry to tack this on the end of your quote, Charlie. But, what was your point, Prancer?

Derby are trying to punt Robbie Savage out on loan - he'd do a great job for us imo.

Some over the hill over 30 that would want silly money, are you high?

Derby are trying to punt Robbie Savage out on loan - he'd do a great job for us imo.

I would suspect that Derby would like a club to take the hit for his wages. I do like Savage and feel he would add to our team, I just feel his wages would be an unnecessary cost.

Drylaw Hearts
Some over the hill over 30 that would want silly money, are you high?

I would suspect that Derby would like a club to take the hit for his wages. I do like Savage and feel he would add to our team, I just feel his wages would be an unnecessary cost.

He's made more than enough cash from the game and may fancy a change of scenery and will accept a lower wage.

I think he would add something we don't have in our squad - a midfield hardman and he could cope with the SPL easily for another Season and a bit.

He's made more than enough cash from the game and may fancy a change of scenery and will accept a lower wage.

Over the hill and far away. We are building a sound base with team spirit and I don't think he would blend in, nor do I believe CL would fancy him as a player.

I think he would add something we don't have in our squad - a midfield hardman and he could cope with the SPL easily for another Season and a bit.

He had the chance before and chose Leicester's bigger wages. He can rot in Derby for me. I don't think he's that much of a hardman anyway - plenty of huff and puff but little more.

It's this McGinn. Very highly regarded - and if Roberto Martinez rates him, he must be half decent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7782390.stm

Sorry to tack this on the end of your quote, Charlie. But, what was your point, Prancer?

And so was Paddy McCourt and look how he turned out?

As for Swansea rating him, I think celtic are quite a bit above them tbh.

The fact is yet another Irishman makes a half decent impact and celtic are right in for him, why is it they are so obsessed with scouting the ROI given its relatively poor standard.

It was a rhetorical question and I think we all know the real reason, I will be very surprised if he is any good, especially to justify a 200k fee.

I'm quite sure Csaba will be speaking to clubs daily.

He's already mentioned that he'd spoken to Burnley about Kiraly, Liverpool about Nemeth and the Hungarian based posters mentioned he wanted to sign someone called Gergely Rudolf.

...and that would be fine if it were the case at Hearts. However, if that were the case, Hearts would be announcing a signing at the start of the month. I fear we will not start approaching players until January, allowing a feeding frenzy.

We usually start looking around the 30th January giving ourselves at least two whole days for all the wheeling and dealing so we can bring in a couple of Kaunas players.

Archived