Heard this morning.....

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Rangers have offered (and its been rejected) 1 million + Velicka for Berra???

Anyone else heard similar and would you take Velicka back in expense of Berra?

Drylaw Hearts

No and No.

Hans von Luck
Berra's new agent is the same guy that brokered Velicka's move to the Huns via Norway.

And.......................................................................?

Where did you hear that ? in the land of nod?and as per all right thinking adults the answers are Definitely NO nor do I expect to and Never in a month of Sundays

The speculation in todays Daily Record that Hearts would sell Berra for ?3M is way off the mark. Just look at some of the transfers that have taken place over the last couple of years and, despite the current economic crisis, I would not accept a penny less that ?5M for a young, promising international player especially when selling to one of the cash rich English Premiership clubs. I don't think Vlad will accept less either.

Drylaw Hearts
The speculation in todays Daily Record that Hearts would sell Berra for ?3M is way off the mark. Just look at some of the transfers that have taken place over the last couple of years and, despite the current economic crisis, I would not accept a penny less that ?5M for a young, promising international player especially when selling to one of the cash rich English Premiership clubs. I don't think Vlad will accept less either.

I think you are speculating !!!

How do you know what Hearts are willing to accept ?

This would be a terrible deal for Hearts. I can only hope that it is either, A) pure speculation or B) if it is true that VR will reject the "offer" for the mockery it is.

I think you are speculating !!!

How do you know what Hearts are willing to accept ?

Excuse me but I thought this was what JKB was about. I don't know

what we are willing to accept and I speculate that neither do you.

Drylaw Hearts
Excuse me but I thought this was what JKB was about. I don't know

what we are willing to accept and I speculate that neither do you.

I don't know what we are willing to accept.

However....

Your opening sentence indicated you do.

Source???????

Sounds like baws to me! Shocking deal. :xmascrazy:

There is only 1 hope Rangers have of brokering a deal like this: Bob Hope. And he's dead

I wouldn't be surprised to see Velicka back in a maroon jersey..............although hopefully not at expense of losing our ever improving Captain.

I don't know what we are willing to accept.

However....

Your opening sentence indicated you do.

Maybe I should have added "in my opinion". Silly me for assuming people on here would know that opinions it what this site is all about.

And.......................................................................?

...he now has 2 client's in the same story!! I'm sure you could have worked that out for yourself? :xmasgrin:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Velicka back in a maroon jersey..............although hopefully not at expense of losing our ever improving Captain.

Id be very surprised to see velicka back..........

I mean rangers actually selling a player who could help our cause?

surely not.

Tynecastle Valhalla
Id be very surprised to see velicka back..........

I mean rangers actually selling a player who could help our cause?

surely not.

velicka left us to go to rangers (indirectly). i would not welcome him back, despite his goalscoring ability.

velicka left us to go to rangers (indirectly). i would not welcome him back, despite his goalscoring ability.

I would welcome him back, as we don't know all the ins and outs of the 'indirect' move to the teddy bears.

It will not happen though.

I think shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaba will looks elsewhere.

BTW anyone actually not worried about signing any dud liths this january? I mean with the credit crunch and all...but no longer is our team getting slated 'mini lithuanian'.

I would. I think as far as Vlad is concerned he's made his money on the player. Can't see him coming back since effectively we would be a fee for him, even if in part exchange for a player.

Correct.

Selling Velicka made sense financially at least. Buying him back would make sense only in footballing terms (and even that's debatable). That is not part of the strategy.

Correct.

Selling Velicka made sense financially at least. Buying him back would make sense only in footballing terms (and even that's debatable). That is not part of the strategy.

Loan deal perhaps?

Sounds like the sort of rumour folk make up in the pub when there's a lull in conversation.

I think teams who believe we are actually having this media generated "firesale" will come in with low bids and be slightly taken aback when we tell them to get lost and demand real market valuations (IMO ?4m for Berra, ?2.5m for Driver).

I think we'll sell Kingston for in the region of ?2m-?3m and punt Makela. The money brought in and the wages saved will be enough to keep us going and if Csaba wants to bring in a player he think will improve the squad, then he'll have to wheel and deal.

Your thinking seems along the same lines as mine. I've been thinking about the situation a lot and I've come up with the following scenario.

I have no inside information so anything I say is guesswork and supposition on my part, you might even call it Jambonomics as opposed to hobonomics.

Every newspaper you read says we are cash strapped and about to sell most, if not all, of our first team to stave off the creditors. However, are we as broke as they make out? We know there is a cashflow problem, so much is obvious, but we owe fairly insignificant amounts and these can be overcome without selling off our team. In the short term we have a game against Hibs on 3rd January which will bring in an extra ?80000, a sellout cup game the following week, where we split the gate money, bringing in approx ?160000 (plus a cut from Sky?). That ?240000 would allow us to pay off Arbroath (I don?t think we owe them anything but the money?s been promised so should be paid), Stenhousmuir (if that?s the reason Temps hasn?t been getting a game) and various other small creditors. We are also due, within the next few weeks (when he gets his ankle fixed), about ?300000 from Sunderland as part of the Craig Gordon deal

It would seem that Larry is definitely moving and that would bring in a further ?3,000,000 approx. If we also offload Makela, Basso and others who are being paid and contributing little or nothing to the team, the outgoings will be reduced substantially and we are well on our way to breaking even.

Even taking the worst case scenario, if we sell off all the players who have been linked to other clubs, we generate substantial income and replace them with some of the youngsters who have been performing so well in the reserves. Take the team that started against Celtic, who would replace those moving? I suggest the following.

Balogh (staying, if not, McDonald)

Neilson (staying)

Berra (Rapnik)

Zaliukas (McGowan)

Johnsson (staying)

Driver (Ryan Wallace)

Kingston (Husband)

Aquair (Stewart)

Palazuelos (staying)

Karapidis (staying)

Nade (Glen or Templeton)

We also have others such as Tullberg, if we ever get him fit, plus players Csaba is looking to bring in.

That team may, or may not, be experienced enough to get 3rd place but, from the position we are in now, would almost certainly make at least top six, Csaba?s stated aim for the season.

As far as Ubig cutting us adrift is concerened, I don't think they will. They might want us to stand alone but, when push comes to shove, they have invested too much to allow us to go under.

As I said at the beginning, I have no inside information and I may be totally wide of the mark but, I would suggest, my ramblings are just as relevant as many others on here.

Correct.

I'd have to disagree with the first part CTC. It didn't make financial sense to Hearts in hindsight, because not only did Hearts not see a single pound from his sale we have also paid Kanaus a pretty penny in registration fee's for everyone of the loanees we've had shipped through the door at Tynie.

Wouldn't have Velicka back if those were the terms, and questionable if I'd have him back at all.

Good post WeeToonJambo, I kinda agree with a lot you suggest, but would do it slightly differently. I posted this on another thread a few days ago...

• I would sell Berra. I don't know what his contract status is, but we have to guard against a Webster situation. I would continue to talk up the links with Manchester United and Chelsea in the hope it gets Fulham to make a "serious" bid.

• Sell Zaliukas if the reputed offer from Moscow is real, the guy is not good enough to play in our first team and any serious offer should be considered.

• The next suggestions are all based on finding suitors willing to pay a decent fee. However, I would actively pursue buyers for Kingston, Cesnauskis, Mikoliunas, Makela and Stewart.

• Return Ksanavicius and Kello to Kaunas and Balogh to Hungary.

If those deals happen, IMO we would get around ?3 Million for Berra, ?2 Million for Zaliukas (fingers crossed) between ?1.5 and ?2 Million for Kingston, between ?500,000 and ?1 Million for both Cesnauskis, Mikoliunas and Stewart with Makela bringing in a nominal fee. Bringing in a decent amount for the club. If this were to happen, I would suggest allowing Laszlo to use ?1 Million to bring in two or three young players with decent prospects.

Of those that I have suggested selling, Berra and Kingston are the only two that would hurt us IMO. We would need to look at an experienced defender, but this is how I would line up after the above sales.....

MacDonald

Neilson (He can go too, however we would need to buy a full back)

McGowan or Karipidis

Rapnik

Wallace

Jonsson

Palazuelos

Aguiar

Driver

Nade

Glen

Aguiar would stay until the summer where he would leave under freedom of contract. Bear in mind, I also suggested that Laszlo make two or three signings.

Your thinking seems along the same lines as mine. I've been thinking about the situation a lot and I've come up with the following scenario.

I have no inside information so anything I say is guesswork and supposition on my part, you might even call it Jambonomics as opposed to hobonomics.

Every newspaper you read says we are cash strapped and about to sell most, if not all, of our first team to stave off the creditors. However, are we as broke as they make out? We know there is a cashflow problem, so much is obvious, but we owe fairly insignificant amounts and these can be overcome without selling off our team. In the short term we have a game against Hibs on 3rd January which will bring in an extra ?80000, a sellout cup game the following week, where we split the gate money, bringing in approx ?160000 (plus a cut from Sky?). That ?240000 would allow us to pay off Arbroath (I don’t think we owe them anything but the money’s been promised so should be paid), Stenhousmuir (if that’s the reason Temps hasn’t been getting a game) and various other small creditors. We are also due, within the next few weeks (when he gets his ankle fixed), about ?300000 from Sunderland as part of the Craig Gordon deal

It would seem that Larry is definitely moving and that would bring in a further ?3,000,000 approx. If we also offload Makela, Basso and others who are being paid and contributing little or nothing to the team, the outgoings will be reduced substantially and we are well on our way to breaking even.

Even taking the worst case scenario, if we sell off all the players who have been linked to other clubs, we generate substantial income and replace them with some of the youngsters who have been performing so well in the reserves. Take the team that started against Celtic, who would replace those moving? I suggest the following.

Balogh (staying, if not, McDonald)

Neilson (staying)

Berra (Rapnik)

Zaliukas (McGowan)

Johnsson (staying)

Driver (Ryan Wallace)

Kingston (Husband)

Aquair (Stewart)

Palazuelos (staying)

Karapidis (staying)

Nade (Glen or Templeton)

We also have others such as Tullberg, if we ever get him fit, plus players Csaba is looking to bring in.

That team may, or may not, be experienced enough to get 3rd place but, from the position we are in now, would almost certainly make at least top six, Csaba’s stated aim for the season.

As far as Ubig cutting us adrift is concerened, I don't think they will. They might want us to stand alone but, when push comes to shove, they have invested too much to allow us to go under.

As I said at the beginning, I have no inside information and I may be totally wide of the mark but, I would suggest, my ramblings are just as relevant as many others on here.

You forgot the ?15,000 the GFA are handing out too.

Ps I think you have one too many zero's in CG deal.

I'd have to disagree with the first part CTC. It didn't make financial sense to Hearts in hindsight, because not only did Hearts not see a single pound from his sale we have also paid Kanaus a pretty penny in registration fee's for everyone of the loanees we've had shipped through the door at Tynie.

Wouldn't have Velicka back if those were the terms, and questionable if I'd have him back at all.

ot forgetting what a bottom six finnish cost us in money terms as well as kudos

I didn't say that selling Velicka made financial sense for Hearts.

That is also not part of the strategy. :)

Guest S.U.S.S.

Did you hear this from the same person that told you Jones fell out with Mixu and wont be playing for Hibs, the person who seemed to miss the fact Jones was at the hospital with is baby?

Keep taking punts, one day one will turn out to be true, the law of averages helps you there.

No way.

Berras the most consistent and probably best Centre Back in the league, wouldnt want Velicka back at us.

He cant even get a game ahead of Lafferty or Mr T at Rangers so no thanks.

Why do Hearts need money if we are getting €3m for Goncalves in January??

Are we in such bad shape that €3m won't get us through to the summer?

If they offered stevie smith, burke, gow, velicka on an 18 month loan and ?2 mill then maybe

Some of these players will be having contract buyouts negotiated shortly.

Why should we want to take any of them on loan?

Tell them to beat it

Drylaw Hearts
Why do Hearts need money if we are getting ?3m for Goncalves in January??

Are we in such bad shape that ?3m won't get us through to the summer?

Are we ?

IIRC....

The alleged deal was a loan with a view to buy @ ?3m next Summer.

Has this changed or has a different deal been confirmed ?

Are we ?

IIRC....

The way the exchange rate is going, that might = ?4m next summer. :xmaswoot:

Thought they could buy Goncalves at anytime for €3m but if it's not done by the time his loan deal ends in the summer he will be coming back.

Fingers crossed he is doing really well and they sign him in January - but why would you when you get a knock down deal from Ibrox in January??

Are we ?

IIRC....

Sorry if I'm being cynical here but it probably changed the 1st time he kicked a ball for them.

Drylaw Hearts
The way the exchange rate is going, that might = ?4m next summer. :xmaswoot:

An unthinkable scenario 12 months ago.

Drylaw Hearts
Thought they could buy Goncalves at anytime for ?3m but if it's not done by the time his loan deal ends in the summer he will be coming back.

Fingers crossed he is doing really well and they sign him in January - but why would you when you get a knock down deal from Ibrox in January??

I think the only way they'll sign him January is if they renegotiate a better deal for themselves.

Drylaw Hearts
Sorry if I'm being cynical here but it probably changed the 1st time he kicked a ball for them.

I have no idea how he's fairing in Germany - I'm praying he's fulfilling the potential he showed in his early Hearts career.

I think the only way they'll sign him January is if they renegotiate a better deal for themselves.

Football Manager teaches us that the future fee is fixed when the loan deal is agreed - and as we all know on kickback Football Manager is GOD :xmasgrin:

Drylaw Hearts
Football Manager teaches us that the future fee is fixed when the loan deal is agreed - and as we all know on kickback Football Manager is GOD :xmasgrin:

I'll take your word for it !!!

Archived