Why Why Why?

Beverley

why the bloody hell is it, that on nights you REALLY need to sleep, you just flop about in bed, thinking "gotta sleep, gotta sleep"

why is always when you don't need it so badly, you can sleep at the drop of a hat?

grrrrrr

grumpy and tired

why the bloody hell is it, that on nights you REALLY need to sleep, you just flop about in bed, thinking "gotta sleep, gotta sleep"

why is always when you don't need it so badly, you can sleep at the drop of a hat?

grrrrrr

grumpy and tired

Aha, I'm in exactly the same situation. Got a heap of things to do tomorrow and I just cannot sleep so I'm on the computer instead. I've alway maintained that the best way to get to sleep in these cases is lots of alcohol, exercise or sex (preferably all three), all of which are sadly impratical at the moment. What's left - counting sheep?

i'd count sheep but i tend to avoid having dons or hobos in my house

had a couple of glasses of wine already..

no joy

:(

i'd count sheep but i tend to avoid having dons or hobos in my house

had a couple of glasses of wine already..

no joy

:(

That would be more a case of counting empty seats. :xmasgrin: Have another couple of glasses of wine. Go on, you know you want to... :)

Carl Weathers

It's possibly down to stress and other reasons, like a change in your sleep pattern.

I never used to sleep on sunday nights before work on monday. It was a combination of worrying about being tired the next day and the fact I probably stayed up until 4am on friday and saturday night, slept all day sunday.

I find reading a book for half an hour can usually help.

I hate it as well though.

I'm a hellish sleeper. Prob get 3 hours solid a night the rest is tossing and turning. Drives you mental after a while!!! Reading def helps me nod off but not sure how to fix the tossing and turning 3 hours later.

I generally get to bed after 11.30pm on weekdays and up at 6am for heading to work. As a result I am usually knackered and out like a light bulb when my head hits the pillow.

I guess that programming computers all day can turn your brain into mush by the end of it, which probably helps you sleep well.

I generally get to bed after 11.30pm on weekdays and up at 6am for heading to work. As a result I am usually knackered and out like a light bulb when my head hits the pillow.

I guess that programming computers all day can turn your brain into mush by the end of it, which probably helps you sleep well.

On the contrary, sitting in a chair concentrating on something so hard that you probably don't meaningfully move a muscle for several hours is a horrendous way to treat yourself, but most developers still do it.

I'd guess it's more that you're only getting 6.5 hours sleep.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window

I saw the flickering shadows of love on her blind

She was my woman

As she deceived me I watched and went out of my mind

My, my, my, delilah

Why, why, why, delilah

I could see that girl was no good for me

But I was lost like a slave that no man could free

At break of day when that man drove away, I was waiting

I cross the street to her house and she opened the door

She stood there laughing

I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more

My, my, my delilah

Why, why, why delilah

So before they come to break down the door

Forgive me delilah I just couldnt take any more

She stood there laughing

I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more

My, my, my, delilah

Why, why, why, delilah

So before they come to break down the door

Sexton Hardcastle

Had the same last night. It doesnt help when theres hee-haw worth watchign on telly. Usually a decent film can set you up for a good sleep. I watched the end of Green Street, a tiny bit of some wolf film and various crap on the music channels.

grrrrrr

grumpy and tired

Stress ... your adrenalin's going and keeping you awake. Real scunner - I find that several very large glasses of red wine and an anti-histamine (sp??) tablet does the trick ;)

well, i think i got about 3 hours if i'm lucky last night

had to do a complince thing this morning, so i'm guessing it was just stressing about that to be honest. i normally average about 6? hours a night, which isn't great.

i'll sleep tonight though

Maroon Mayhem

I find that if I can't sleep I'm ususally quite stressed about something, often, it's something that I don't really know is actually stressing me! If I don't know what it is I run over things that have happened over the last few days and more often than not I get the answer.

I've learned to talk myself down from being stressed about things I can't control so usually when I reach a rational conclusion about something then I can relax and get off to sleep.

Try and count the number of genuine flair players the wee team has had by the time you get to ten you will be sound asleep

Try and count the number of genuine flair players the wee team has had by the time you get to ten you will be sound asleep

Or it'll be time to get off to work.

I have had trouble sleeping lately.

Started taking herbal sleeping tablets..... Not to bad now.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
It's possibly down to stress and other reasons, like a change in your sleep pattern.

I never used to sleep on sunday nights before work on monday. It was a combination of worrying about being tired the next day and the fact I probably stayed up until 4am on friday and saturday night, slept all day sunday.

I find reading a book for half an hour can usually help.

I hate it as well though.

Sunday night after a weekend boozing is a feckin inghtmare. The best solution is to get sozzled on the Sunday so that you can fall asleep at around 9pm.

Slight hangover on the Monday but at least you've had a good crash.

:xmasgrin:

Heh, a mate managed to sleep in until 3.30pm today.

It's a new record, but what a tw@t.

I managed to miss the first half of a game by sleeping in a couple of seasons ago.

I occasionally have trouble sleeping too. If I don't have to get up early the next day then I go to sleep almost instantly but if I do have to get up then I'll just lie there thinking (only 6 hours til I have to get up and so on). It is the worry about how much sleep I'll get that keeps me awake until eventually I'm too tired to care.

Dave, sad to say thats nothing.

i know someone, who left alone, would sleep into the evening if they got the chance. Everyday.

My flatmate last year managed to sleep in and miss a lecture at 2pm. He turned up late for the class at 3pm. Unbelievable really.

Carl Weathers
Sunday night after a weekend boozing is a feckin inghtmare. The best solution is to get sozzled on the Sunday so that you can fall asleep at around 9pm.

Slight hangover on the Monday but at least you've had a good crash.

:xmasgrin:

It's a shocker eh. When I was 18-21, people at my old office used to get worried about my health. What could I do, I was a party fiend.

Much more sensible these days.

Archived