Please Vlad, make Graham Spiers kiss your ankles!

3inaBednar

"If Romanov wants to prove to Hearts fans that ? as Ogilvie has insisted ? he ?wants the best? for the club, then a new main stand is the test.

If the day ever comes when, my press ticket to hand, I am able to walk through the opulent front doors of such an edifice, I will personally kiss Mr Romanov?s ankles in gratitude. But I fear I may be kept waiting."

From the Times a couple of weeks back, no sure if already posted. I'm keeping this so if it does happen Spiers will be held to his word!:xmasgrin:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article5263902.ece

You can have a go at Vlad for many many .... many things but -

In the current financial climate it would quite harsh to slate Vlad for not getting on with building the stand.

You can have a go at Vlad for many many .... many things but -

In the current financial climate it would quite harsh to slate Vlad for not getting on with building the stand.

Correct.

vlad would like him to up his kiss by about three feet

I am constantly surprised at the things you have done objective research on mate:xmassick:

"If Romanov wants to prove to Hearts fans that ? as Ogilvie has insisted ? he ?wants the best? for the club, then a new main stand is the test.

If the day ever comes when, my press ticket to hand, I am able to walk through the opulent front doors of such an edifice, I will personally kiss Mr Romanov?s ankles in gratitude. But I fear I may be kept waiting."

From the Times a couple of weeks back, no sure if already posted. I'm keeping this so if it does happen Spiers will be held to his word!:xmasgrin:

As much as I dislike Romanov, I'd pay to see that!

Spiers makes my flesh crawl.

Depending on how bad a recession this turns out be, it could actually be a good time to carry out the development work on the stadium.

There is obviously always a large fall in demand in the construction industry during recessions. From a developer's point of view the benefits to be gained are:-

1) a drop in land values

2) a much more competitive tendering market

3) plant, material and component prices fall as demand dries up

3) contractors' profit margins shrink

If you have the readies there is no better time to build than in a recession.

The Wheatfield Stand, Gorgie and Roseburn Stands were built during a recession and the costs were much less than they would have been in boom times.

Vlad's land deal for the old Tynecastle High School site could be settled on much better terms than would have been possible a couple of years back. The Council will be keen to cash-in the asset and they may well draw their horns in to achieve a deal.

Progress on the project is obviously contingent upon the financial condition of Vlad's businesses and also how deep the recession will go. Football itself will suffer very badly if the recession turns into a depression in which case we are all goosed.

On the down side a large factor in the development calculation for the project is dependent on Vlad reaching a deal with a hotel group. Time will tell if that part of the deal is forthcoming - again it will be dependent on the course of the recession

Billy the Jambo

I think the mad ones ankles will be safe for a very very long time and it has feck all to do with the credit crunch

I no longer believe that the stand and complex in its current planned form. will EVER be built, by anyone, far less by Romanov.

We dont need a project that big and we cant now and will never be able to afford it. Its as simple as that.

In the next five years I think something will HAVE to be built to replace the old stand because it wont get too many more safety certificates, but it wont be to the plan that exists just now IMO.

To be fair i quite like Graham Spiers he's one of the few journos that report actual facts and if anything is hearsay he makes it known it is only rumour, he doesnt start babbling off on his own pre-set agenda using rumours to try and substantiate that agenda. Usually gives a fair and balanced report. Also like him because he is not afraid to stick it to either of the bigot sisters either.

Having said that, it would be funny to see him kiss Vlads ankles, thats something i wouldnt want to miss

I'd be delighted if if happened, but I'd be just as happy if we were to build a basic stand that took the capacity to 21,000; just enough to get good 20k+ crowds back at Tynecastle.

The current plans include an 85 metre high glass 'skyscraper'; about the same height as the church on Melville Street - and I'll be shocked if I ever see a building that size in Mcleod Street.

Buffalo Bill

ukio bankas has posted 11 month net profit of LTL 95.7Million

thats about ?25 million so he's not that skint

And I look forward to the day the new stand opens and as Speirs trys to enter, he gets told "You're barred!".

Archived