Pressley

jamborich

God you really are simple aren't you.

Mabye if you care to read the post properly you'll find i said he looked pleased.

Pleased! I never realised it was this serious.

How dare he.

Hang 'um high the bloody pleased-looking git.

brellier-for-france
And your point is.. Pressley left hearts for celtic , players come and players go , as long as they give their all for hearts when hearts are paying their wages i dont have a problem , i only wish more players at hearts put in the same effort that SP did when he played with us.

As a previous poster has mentioned, SP owes hearts nothing , we dont pay his wages anymore so he can do what the feck he likes as far as i am concerned .

Thank you Stephen Pressley for giving me some great memories - Legend.

I do not doubt his commitment and passion for the club when he was here, i like a few others changed any opinions about him a soon as his return to tynecastle was made. He is a professional and if he loved the club so much and enjoyed himself so much maybe he would have had a little more respect for the fans that followed and cheered him and essentially paid his wages in the years he was here. It could have been any club and i would have the same hatred for the man but siging for that terriost supporting, child abusing organisation made it ten times worse.

Mr Brightside
I don't think that's what he said at the time of their cup final, if I remember right.

He still owes us an apology, or at least an explanation, for his behaviour on that day. Until he does, I could never welcome him back. I suppose that makes me a small-minded, Rangers-loving bigot according to some on here. :conf11:

I agree, I don't hold anything against him for moving to Celtic, but the over celebrating was out of order.

What a sad thread - it is abundantly clear that if Elvis returned to Tynie with any club other than RA Sellic, his celebration would not have been an issue to our "traditional" fans. Like the rest of us, they would have seen it as the GIRFUY message to Romanov that it clearly was.

Very very sad.

Like any pro, Elvis needs to look after himself. Hence, Sellic was too good an opportunity to turn down.

The future:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we will lose both Berra and Zaliukas in the coming transfer window. If that did happen, I would be delighted to see Elvis come home to provide cover for us at the back (FWIW not necessarily to start every game - I would see Jonsson and Karapidis as first choice centre backs). Hopefully some of our 'traditional' fans will stay away from Tynie in protest.

What I was trying to say, only this is better put.

Well see the thing is,what I seen was an out pouring of emotion.

If you have ever been wronged by someone or something you have strong emotional ties with,that is the kind of reaction you get.

Pressley had great feelings for this club probably as much as the fans,he was an up to date version of "Mr Hearts",if you have ever talked to the guy you would know this.

Johanes de Silentio

Anyone remember his celebration? his badge thumping?

Hmm...can't say that I recall this ever being mentioned before now!

Obvious that HMFC are the team nearest his heart still.

I just wonder. Is he trying to build bridges with Vlad here with a mind to a possible return in some capacity?

That's what I thought but it is not quite an apology. He is getting there though.

I would also hope that 'the managment' would realise that any player who did speak out in this way was doing so for the good of the club.

He only harmed the club by going to the press. It did no good what so ever.

Pressley, backed by Hartley and Gordon, chose to make the Riccarton statement because he/they was/were deeply concerned by the shameful carry on in the Hearts dressing room at the time. Csaba has since confrimed that there was a problem with discipline when he arrived.

Pressley's reward for this was to be shafted by the Romanovs.

His chest-pumping antics (IMO) were most probably directed at the Romanovs.

If it was directed at any fans, surely it would be that small but select band of fans who so bravely abused him at the Gyle, etc - not at the relatively sensible majority.

I personally think that Pressly was right to speak out about the indiscipline.

I wish him well.

spot on. some fans on here are too quick to turn on players who have been loyal to the hearts and the hearts support.

elvis will always be a legend.

The only thing Pressley is interested in is Pressley.

terrible a man with a young family would be so selfish as to move to a job that prob payed him 2-3grand more a week. non of us would do that!

If the truth be told if Pressley had joined say DUFC and acted in the same way there would never have been such a hoo ha,it's only because he went to them that grinds people,small minds and all that.

That's a fair point - but having spent 8 seasons at Hearts, Pressley would have known as well as anyone that most Hearts fans don't particularly like Celtic - with that in mind, his behaviour that day was well out of order.

I would like to see him explain and apologise for his behavour that day. If and when he does I'll be happy to forget it and focus back on the terrific captain he was of Hearts.

Ehlvis is a creepy weasel of a Jhudas, and - as usual - is using his chums in the mhedia to send out signals to clubs that he's available and wants a move.

He has previous for this kind of thing, and it shouldn't come as a surprise to any of us. :mad:

Ehlvis is a creepy weasel of a Jhudas, and - as usual - is using his chums in the mhedia to send out signals to clubs that he's available and wants a move.

He has previous for this kind of thing, and it shouldn't come as a surprise to any of us. :mad:

Boring

Boring

Why answer, then?

Makween thinks that people saying "Ehlvis is so great, bestest captain eva xXx." is boring, which is why Makween doesn't tend to directly answer such posters unless they challenge Makween.

Why answer, then?Because i can

Makween thinks that people saying "Ehlvis is so great, bestest captain eva xXx." is boring, which is why Makween doesn't tend to directly answer such posters unless they challenge Makween.I didnt challenge you i just stated that i find your pressley comments boring , no answer was required.

Glad we got that sorted out.

Glad we got that sorted out.

Interesting choice of colour, kiddo.

If you were bored by it, you wouldn't answer, be it to challenge Makween's view or not. Why did you just answer a second time?

Interesting choice of colour, kiddo.

If you were bored by it, you wouldn't answer, be it to challenge Makween's view or not. Why did you just answer a second time?

I thought you might like it , i'm bored by your comments on Pressley but reserve the right to comment, hope that answers your question ,if you would like further clarification you know where to find me.

Malinga the Swinga

One guy who is a supposed legend, falls out with Hearts management, leaves HMFC for Celtic, plays as captain in a winning team and celebrates when his new team win a close game at Tynecastle, but basically, apart from feelings, no-one is hurt.

One guy who is a supposed legend, falls out with Hearts management, stays in reserves, puts another HMFC player out of the game for 18 months with a deiberate wild tackle in training, because he sees his place under threat from someone else, yet he is still some kind of hero according to some supporters.

It's a funny world.

One guy who is a supposed legend, falls out with Hearts management, leaves HMFC for Celtic, plays as captain in a winning team and celebrates when his new team win a close game at Tynecastle, but basically, apart from feelings, no-one is hurt.

One guy who is a supposed legend, falls out with Hearts management, stays in reserves, puts another HMFC player out of the game for 18 months with a deiberate wild tackle in training, because he sees his place under threat from someone else, yet he is still some kind of hero according to some supporters.

It's a funny world.

Congratulations -- a sensible reply but watch out the union jack brigade will be after you.

PS I would defend those people's right to comment but cannot agree with their sentiments.

What a vile man.

He makes me sick to the stomach that i could ever cheer on this rotten excuse of a human being.

Anyone remember his celebration? his badge thumping?

He might as well have kissed the royal emblem whilst begging for mercy!

You've got issues.

Why answer, then?

Makween thinks that people saying "Ehlvis is so great, bestest captain eva xXx." is boring, which is why Makween doesn't tend to directly answer such posters unless they challenge Makween.

MOD EDIT pawn in game of life! :xmasgrin:

Will always have time for Mr Pressley and it swelcome back at Tynecastle at anytime.

If some folks still can't see past the chest pumping that day and what it was all about then more fool you!

What is your take on the aforementioned gentleman behaving like an ill-manneed lout towards a supporter - who offered no provocation - seven years prior to any chest-pumping shenanigans?

I agree, I don't hold anything against him for moving to Celtic, but the over celebrating was out of order.

There was a siginificant amount of goodwill towards him prior to that game. Had he confined his antics to merely heading in the direction of the director's box and doing his "GIRUY" gesture(s) to the two twerps (Rodney & Pedro - can't recall if Vlad was present that day) then those who had previously held him in high esteem would still have their respect for the man in tact.

As for Riccarton, he shot himself in the foot no matter how well-intentioned his motives were. When talks with management break down, most workers consult their union with a view of requesting them to take on the role of arbitor in whatever dispute they have with their employer. Pressley chose the wrong course of action even if he did have good reason to complain.

There was a siginificant amount of goodwill towards him prior to that game. Had he confined his antics to merely heading in the direction of the director's box and doing his "GIRUY" gesture(s) to the two twerps (Rodney & Pedro - can't recall if Vlad was present that day) then those who had previously held him in high esteem would still have their respect for the man in tact.

As for Riccarton, he shot himself in the foot no matter how well-intentioned his motives were. When talks with management break down, most workers consult their union with a view of requesting them to take on the role of arbitor in whatever dispute they have with their employer. Pressley chose the wrong course of action even if he did have good reason to complain.

Bang on.

Let's not forget, also, that it wasn't just a quick chest thump at the end of the game. There was a whole catalogue of things leading up to it, which had turned a few isolated boos when he touched the ball into a significant minority by the end.

Accepting the captaincy.

Taking our end for the first half.

Running 60+ yards to celebrate a goal.

There was more, and enough to suggest that this was not a rush of blood to the head, it was pre-meditated.

If he did it of his own volition, shame on him for getting it up the fans who had loved him for 8 years.

If he did it at the bequest of a Hibby scrotebag with a bitter desire to wind us up, shame on him too.

You can say what you want, Romanov wasn't there, so it's absolutely irrelevant who it was aimed at - it was the fans that got it.

I'm still a Pressley fan when it's all said and done, but he disgraced himself that day. I can't believe there are people saying he wasn't out of order, to be honest.

The Real Maroonblood

Met Elvis at the Gyle and found him to be a top bloke he also spoke very highly of you.

;)

I thought you might like it , i'm bored by your comments on Pressley but reserve the right to comment, hope that answers your question ,if you would like further clarification you know where to find me.

That's three replies now. Quite strange, considering that Makween bores you so much.

It's a funny world.

What does Brellier have to do with anything, and who said that he was a legend? :huh: Your comparison is of no relevance whatsoever.

MOD EDIT

Met Elvis at the Gyle and found him to be a top bloke he also spoke very highly of you.

;)

Makween very much doubts that you saw Ehlvis at the Gyle, as it's well documented that he's scared to return there. In fact, it's not outwith the realms of possibility that he's given this interview in a vain attempt to try and curry favour with the Gyle Loyal.

Archived