If McGeady is rated at ?10m then what for Driver.

vegas-voss

Set the bench mark high Vlad.Driver has much more potential than the tattie muncher who looks past his peak already.

unfortuntely(sp) mate if driver played for them then he would be worth 12-13m but because we are hearts we will get about 2m for him which is a fecking ripoff.

Set the bench mark high Vlad.Driver has much more potential than the tattie muncher who looks past his peak already.

Then how much is the Robster worth ??

Back pocket all day !!

:xmashappy:

just hoping hes here come feb 1st

IMHO i think there is players in front of him to go first. kingston,berra. driver is young and i think he will stay and sign and then move on giving hearts money in a transfer. but that is just my opinion

Who says 'Lesbian face'* is worth ?10m? Are you sure they do not require Psychotropic medication?

*Quoting another JKB member, but unsure who, may begin cosa but just a guess!?

Who says 'Lesbian face'* is worth ?10m? Are you sure they do not require Psychotropic medication?

*Quoting another JKB member, but unsure who, may begin cosa but just a guess!?

Only the delluded mhanks rate him at that price, since we got 9million for CG everyone of there players are now valued at 10million or more, so they THINK.

Agree though Driver would have to be worth more than 2mill, he completely tore them a new one today and had he had a little more luck would have had a second goal. He is knocking on the door of being picked for England under 21's is it, as soon as he gets that call up you can add another million or so to his price tag.

Hopefully we will still have after january and even next season as i do think he still has some learning to do and would be better placed doing at here instead of moving onto a biger club down south and risk damaging his prospects by sitting on a bench.

Mac_fae_Gillie

I think has the extra factor of being English...

Any Scot going into the EPL or CC will always be sold at a lesser rate than an English or top footballing nations player.

Driver still has a chance at england under21 which could put his sale value up...

Still would rather not lose him,he is still improving so would want at least next season from him as well.

Only the delluded mhanks rate him at that price, since we got 9million for CG everyone of there players are now valued at 10million or more, so they THINK.

Agree though Driver would have to be worth more than 2mill, he completely tore them a new one today and had he had a little more luck would have had a second goal. He is knocking on the door of being picked for England under 21's is it, as soon as he gets that call up you can add another million or so to his price tag.

Hopefully we will still have after january and even next season as i do think he still has some learning to do and would be better placed doing at here instead of moving onto a biger club down south and risk damaging his prospects by sitting on a bench.

He is being talked up in todays papers by Samaras saying he is as good as Maradonna and Zidane.Totally outshone by Driver yesterday so what must Samaras think of him.

unfortuntely(sp) mate if driver played for them then he would be worth 12-13m but because we are hearts we will get about 2m for him which is a fecking ripoff.

Exactly. It took years at Hearts for Gordon to attain his value, then Boruc was valued higher after a decent international tournament, and McGregor valued higher for one good season.

It is the way of the world unfortunately.

Exactly. It took years at Hearts for Gordon to attain his value, then Boruc was valued higher after a decent international tournament, and McGregor valued higher for one good season.

The Weegia can put whatever value they want on players.

At the end of the day WE DID sell Gordon for ?9M, the huge bids for Boruc and McGregor never actually seem to have materialised.

The key thing in the sale of Gordon was that he was probably at his peak in terms of skill + potential for improvement.

i would call it the way of the weegie rather than the way of the world

At the end of the day WE DID sell Gordon for ?9M, the huge bids for Boruc and McGregor never actually seem to have materialised.

The key thing in the sale of Gordon was that he was probably at his peak in terms of skill + potential for improvement.

I agree. but the bid did come for Hutton, and he was sold for ?8 Million. I don't think for a second we would get that for a full back.

i would call it the way of the weegie rather than the way of the world

Not really. The footballing world works that way. A good goalkeeper from England will cost tens of millions, a good goalkeeper from Italy/Spain will cost millions, a good goalkeeper from Estonia/Finland/Faroe Islands will cost hundreds of thousands. It is a classic tactic, the bigger you are the more you can command in value for your players. It is the same reason that Berbatov's value rose so high after such a short time at Tottenham.

portobellojambo1

As far as I can tell there have been no clubs making any sort of approaches for Aiden McGeadey, and I think that is understandable. When he first appeared in the Celtic side, he was a young kid, trying to make a name for himself. However he doesn't appear to have carried that forward, to the next level.

Driver is attracting suitors, and is improving all the time.

If offered the choice of McGeadey or Driver I think most clubs would take Driver; value wise I have no idea, you are only as valuable as the price someone is willing to pay.

I don't know what Driver's value in the current market is - but yesterday's game will have added hundreds of thousands of pounds. By all accounts, there were a lot of scouts at Celtic Park yesterday and in their eyes, its how our players perform against the Old Firm that matters, not the likes of St Mirren or Aberdeen.

Guest juvehearts

Andrew Driver has already stated in a interview by the BBC that he has no intention's of leaving Hearts.

he is still young & Hearts, with the world class facilitys that we have is helping him develope his game & it is showing in matches.

He is tied to a long contract that someone with serious money would have to fork out with.

He is on the radar of the England U21 Team which will boost up his value alsp.

I dont think we will lose him in january, but IF and only if someone is prepared to spend that kind of cash on him then we have no alternitive but to sell.

juve

I wonder if Driver will get a call up to Ingurland's U21's after yesterdays performance?

Stuart Pearce was at the Man City game, although he might have had someone else there.

Driver is a good player who has the potential to be excellent, but compared to Ashley Young and Agbonlahor he is average. It would be difficult to get into the English U21s.

Aiden McGeadey is pish and has never done anything to justify the hyperbolic hubris heaped on his puny shoulders. If he played with lesser players he wouldn't be anything special at all.

On the other hand, Andrew Driver is very good and improving.

Andrew Driver has already stated in a interview by the BBC that he has no intention's of leaving Hearts.

he is still young & Hearts, with the world class facilitys that we have is helping him develope his game & it is showing in matches.

He is tied to a long contract that someone with serious money would have to fork out with.

He is on the radar of the England U21 Team which will boost up his value alsp.

I dont think we will lose him in january, but IF and only if someone is prepared to spend that kind of cash on him then we have no alternitive but to sell.

juve

Seriously, what is so world class about the facilities at Riccarton?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Driver is now getting pretty damn close to multi-million pound player. McGheady is worth nowhere near ?10m. But if he's worth ?5m then Driver isn't far behind.

jamboinglasgow

That is something that I think is important to think about Boruc, I cant think of any bids being made for him yet they act like he is one of the best goalies in the world. Surely than a club will want to have him and make a bid, celtic would publiscise that as it means they can say they turned down a massive bid and can keep boruc.

Rupert Pupkin
He is being talked up in todays papers by Samaras saying he is as good as Maradonna and Zidane.Totally outshone by Driver yesterday so what must Samaras think of him.

To mention Mcgeady in the same sentence as Maradonna and Zidane must go down as being comedy statement of the year

jamboinglasgow
To mention Mcgeady in the same sentence as Maradonna and Zidane must go down as being comedy statement of the year

its almost as good as Caldwell saying last year that "Barcalona will be quaking at the thought of facing McGeady."

he does the odd trick in a league where it is often absent that is why he is hailed as a true great, but in reality he is good but drifts in and out of games and never shows up to old firm games. In my mind Maloney is much better.

Archived