Zaliukas deserves respect

jambos are go!

jambos are go!

BBC MOTM at Celtic Park and speculation that there may be ?2 million bids for him in January. Frail quoted as saying who will play beside Zal if Berra is sold speaks volumes. Zal is the most consistently able Lithuanian/foriegner we have signed IMO and is a top notch Centre Back. Time that was recognised and the bias set aside

BBC MOTM at Celtic Park and speculation that there may be ?2 million bids for him in January. Frail quoted as saying who will play beside Zal if Berra is sold speaks volumes. Zal is the most consistently able Lithuanian/foriegner we have signed IMO and is a top notch Centre Back. Time that was recognised and the bias set aside

Is it the season for believing the media and speculation, then? It's hard to keep up.

Great player!

UNFORTUNATELY too many posters either don't go to the games or know SFA about the game.

He is a good player but has lapses in concentration which has cost us dearly in our early season games. Must admit he has played well in the last few games.

Grumpy.

Im loving Zal the now...he had one slightly dodgy moment today, but he got away with it. For me, especially with keepers and central defenders, we are the victims of our own success. Everyone remembers webster/pressley so well that anything not matching upto expectations 100% of the time isnt good enough. Same goes for keepers re Craig Gordon. I reckon if you really think about it were doing not too poorly!

winston churchill

craig hobo paterson gave it to him because berra had won a few already.

that said,he has played well in the last two games.

maybe putting himself in the shop window.

Like I said after the Rangers game, Zaliukas without the errors would not be playing for Heart of Midlothian.

He would be in the EPL.

Exceptional again today and justifies the ?2million price tag currently being banded around.

He is a good player but has lapses in concentration which has cost us dearly in our early season games. Must admit he has played well in the last few games.

Grumpy.

He started the season well and got praise for it. From Tannadice through to the home game against Falkirk he was error-prone and got slated for it. Now he's playing well and is being praised for it. Footballing normality - but much too complex for the lamebrains with the "you're anti-Lithuanian" agendas to understand.

It all depends what mood the lad is in.

When he concentrates I think he is a good player.

When he doesn't concentrate he is a bombscare.

He's a bit of a Marmite player when it comes to the fans.

Has all the attributes to be a top, top player, but lacks concentration, and that will probably be his downfall in the end. He reminds me too much of Bramble, and thats probably the only reason he's playing for Wigan and not Man Utd or Chelsea. 2 million would be a fantastic price for Zaliukas and if anyone is stupid enough to offer it we should accept.

Has all the attributes to be a top, top player, but lacks concentration, and that will probably be his downfall in the end. He reminds me too much of Bramble, and thats probably the only reason he's playing for Wigan and not Man Utd or Chelsea. 2 million would be a fantastic price for Zaliukas and if anyone is stupid enough to offer it we should accept.

Who is "we"?

He has been a regular in a team that is undefeated in 6 inc. both biggot bros. therfore he deserves the same respect as any other team member who has become part of our best run of games since the start of 05/06.imo of course

Would agree, re comparisons with Bramble. Solid defender, but prone to horrendous errors. Kind of like David James in a way...

Bramble has more bad games than good. Zal has more good games than bad.

Granted different competition but i know who i would rather have out the two.

And he plays in maroon.

Big Zal has been superb this season.

One pass back against the hobos that led to nothing FFS

I seen Steven Gerrard do something similar last week.

It happens !!

Big loss if we were ever to lose him.

Keep up the good work Zal.

Nearly scored the 1st goal again today.

:xmashappy:

Bramble has more bad games than good. Zal has more good games than bad.

Granted different competition but i know who i would rather have out the two.

And he plays in maroon.

Bramble had loads of good games for Newcastle, usually against the better opposition (same as Zal). I remember watching Bramble mark Drogba out of the game against Chelsea. He was awesome, the next again match the took a fresh air swipe at the ball and cost them the game. Both players lack the mental agility to become the players they are capable of becoming. Sadly (for them) intelligence and concentration are part of being a top player.

No he doesn't. You clearly don't watch the EPL that much.

Wrong. I live in England and watch the games that are on TV each week plus go to watch a Premiership game in my vicinity that i can get a ticket for(Blackburn,Bolton,Wigan).

Do you?

winston churchill

It happens !!

no he has not.

he has in the last couple of games tho.

It happens !!

He has done a lot more stupid things than that one passback. Prior to the Rangers game he admitted he had been making lots of errors and then put in an almost flawless performance.

According to the radio he was great again today.

I can't understand how he has went from total donkey on here to one of our best players in the space of 3 weeks, but thats kickback for you.

I personally think he is a great athelete but I don't think his concentration is good enough if we want to win things (fine if your ambition is just to be top 6). If someone is foolish enough to offer us a 7 figure sum I would expect us to accept it.

winston churchill
Bramble had loads of good games for Newcastle, usually against the better opposition (same as Zal). I remember watching Bramble mark Drogba out of the game against Chelsea. He was awesome, the next again match the took a fresh air swipe at the ball and cost them the game. Both players lack the mental agility to become the players they are capable of becoming. Sadly (for them) intelligence and concentration are part of being a top player.

bramble is gash and ipswich class.

sir bobby was starting to lose-it when he signed him for the toon.

bramble reminds me of your very own la la bamba at the sangiro.

Thought he had another great game along with Berra.

I was off my seat when he hit his shot in the first half. It looked destined for the back off the net.

Wrong. I live in England and watch the games that are on TV each week plus go to watch a Premiership game in my vicinity that i can get a ticket for(Blackburn,Bolton,Wigan).

Do you?

Yup - live in England also and season ticket for an Epl side. Bramble is a solid CB, who has a shocker once every 10 games. You remember these though more than the solid games, so it seems like he is worse than he is.

Yup - live in England also and season ticket for an Epl side. Bramble is a solid CB, who has a shocker once every 10 games. You remember these though more than the solid games, so it seems like he is worse than he is.

Fair enough. Its all about opinions mate. Im right though:xmasgrin:

letsalllaughathobos
Thought he had another great game along with Berra.

I was off my seat when he hit his shot in the first half. It looked destined for the back off the net.

yep i almost went erse over boob down the stairs

Charlie-Brown

Zaliukas is neither as good nor as bad as people claim. However people should remember balde earns ?30k per week!!!

Like I said after the Rangers game, Zaliukas without the errors would not be playing for Heart of Midlothian.

He would be in the EPL.

Exceptional again today and justifies the ?2million price tag currently being banded around.

EPL ? Put the beer down and step away from the keyboard. :xmasgrin:

Zal has done really well recently and long may it continue. He deserves all the praise he gets.

Great player!

UNFORTUNATELY too many posters either don't go to the games or know SFA about the game.

OK.

If anyone doesn't agree with rossmaroon they either don't go to the games or know SFA about the game.

Is that understood?

OK.

If anyone doesn't agree with rossmaroon they either don't go to the games or know SFA about the game.

Is that understood?

I have said it before- Zal is a very good CB who would command a place in any SPL team outwith the OF .Given some of the recent performances of OF CBs he would be in with a shout with them.

I have said it before- Zal is a very good CB who would command a place in any SPL team outwith the OF .Given some of the recent performances of OF CBs he would be in with a shout with them.

So you think that he is a better CB than every CB outwith the OF at the moment?

chester copperpot

Zal could be a good defender.

IMO he's not at this point. He's mediocre.

Might upset some people, but makes too many mistakes IMO.

Thats fair IMO.

A bit of consistency and cutting out the errors and he could be so much better.

Lol.........

Whooooosh !!

Right then

:xmaszip:

Lol.........

Whooooosh !!

Right then

This post makes no sense.

Zal has played well the last two games.

By well, i mean he never made glaring errors.

To say that he "has been superb this season" is just the drink talking.

chester copperpot
Lol.........

Whooooosh !!

Right then

Carried away with the draw against Celtic alert.

Lets get a bit of perspective here.

This post makes no sense.

Zal has played well the last two games.

By well, i mean he never made glaring errors.

To say that he "has been superb this season" is just the drink talking.

As above............

Right then.

Try watching the games with the blinkers off.

:xmassick:.

As above............

Right then.

The same could be said here.

He has done well the past few games, but he has a bit to go before he is great.

Minus the lapses on concentration, he could become a very good defender.

Grumpy.

Yeah, but thats when a good manager steps in and sorts his head out.

chester copperpot

Zal could be an excellent defender, however, he makes too many mistakes to be great.

He's had some brilliant games for us this season, however if he wants to become great, needs to reflect Berra to do so.

Both could be great, but are not yet.

As above............

Right then.

One (or even two) game(s) without glaring errors & lapses in concentration does mean that any player has been "has been superb this season".

Or do you think it does?

Nobody said he was great.

But he has done really well since the start of the season.

Check back PJ's MoM threads.

He is not as bad as some make out.

He also plays for Hearts.

chester copperpot

I want him to be awesome, as do all hearts fans. He's been pretty special the last few games.

Needs to do it for a sustained while before we start getting moist though, thats all I was saying.

The last few games have made him undroppable, especially after his last 2 performances against the OF.

Lets just hope it continues.

I agree he is not as bad as some make out, but he isnt yet as good as some say either.

He can be good, and I agree barring one or two ****** up he is a different player this season. Hopefully he keeps up his current form.

I would maybe also point to Karipidis in front of him. IMO this means there is not as much getting through to Zal and Berra.

I agree he is not as bad as some make out, but he isnt yet as good as some say either.

He can be good, and I agree barring one or two ****** up he is a different player this season. Hopefully he keeps up his current form.

I would maybe also point to Karipidis in front of him. IMO this means there is not as much getting through to Zal and Berra.

I dont know where you sit Cig .

I am in F and watch Zal closely mostly in the 2nd half.

The guy has been immense this season ( not great ) error at easter rd aside.

Make a point of watching next week.

Does not merit the abuse

chester copperpot
I dont know where you sit Cig .

I am in F and watch Zal closely mostly in the 2nd half.

The guy has been immense this season ( not great ) error at easter rd aside.

Make a point of watching next week.

Does not merit the abuse

He had 2 great games at start of the season, had 2 great games the last 2 games.

Dont ask me to name his mistakes, as I cant tonight, but he's been a bombscare in the middle (by his own admission too in the papers).

Lets just agree that we all want him to do well, as I know I do.

Archived