Are you happy or diasappointed?

Craigieboy

Are you happy or disappointed after today?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you happy or disappointed after today?

• I'm happy
    • I'm disappointed that we didn't get all 3 points

BTW, this was the 1st game that I have watched online but it was superb.

I know that we said beforehand that a draw would be great but having watched all of the 1st half, I cant help but feel disappointed.

Whats more, I don't know if my being disappointed is a good thing or a bad thing.

Unbeaten & vastly improved since our last run out against Celtic but as I say, that 1st half performance was outstanding & perhaps we should have got more from the tie.

Am I being fussy or should I just be glad that I am frustrated/happy/disappointed/confident?

Commander Harris

I feel disappointed, but looking at it logically I'm reasonably happy. If that makes sense.

Happy.

To produce a performance like that of the 1st halfs today was superb.

On another day we would have been out of sight.

They were always going to come back into it. They managed to score.

Did they deserve it? I'm not so sure.

That's football.

I feel disappointed, but looking at it logically I'm reasonably happy. If that makes sense.

Yea, you probobly gathered that I'm equally confused.

:xmaseye:

Both.

We should have gone in more than a goal up after blowing them away for 20-25 minutes leading up to the break but I'm happy that we didn't throw it all away when the onslaught came.

Commander Harris
Happy.

To produce a performance like that of the 1st halfs today was superb.

On another day we would have been out of sight.

They were always going to come back into it. They managed to score.

Did they deserve it? I'm not so sure.

That's football.

I agree with all that, but when you lead the game til the 80th minute there's always a wee tinge of disappointment, especially when we played so well in the first half.

a point in glasgow is always good though, so I'm definitely happy. :)

:wacko:

Toxteth O'Grady
BTW, this was the 1st game that I have watched online but it was superb.

I know that we said beforehand that a draw would be great but having watched all of the 1st half, I cant help but feel disappointed.

Whats more, I don't know if my being disappointed is a good thing or a bad thing.

Unbeaten & vastly improved since our last run out against Celtic but as I say, that 1st half performance was outstanding.

Am I being fussy or should I just be glad that I am frustrated/happy/disappointed/half pi$$ed/confident?

I feel exactly the same

4 points from 6 from the Uglies is great but I can't help being slightly disappointed that we didn't win today after playing them off the park in the first half.

Being disappointed with not winning today certainly beats being gutted at getting beat.

The results of our last 6 games is title winning form and I don't really expect it to be sustained but lets just enjoy it for now.

chester copperpot

Im ecstatic with the result, even though we took the lead.

I'd take a point at darkheid any time of the day.

We will be very hard to beat from now on in, depending on who we lose in January though.

I agree with all that, but when you lead the game til the 80th minute there's always a wee tinge of disappointment, especially when we played so well in the first half.

a point in glasgow is always good though. I'm definitely happy :)

To counter that though, when you concede a goal in Glasgow in the 80th minute and don't concede another, It's a result.

I know what you're saying though.....

Tomorrow we'll all be delighted. It keeps the run going.

:)

Mac_fae_Gillie

HAPPY

Celtic always play a strong attack in the last 30mins if drawing or losing,its a tidal wave.

after winning 4games I was looking at 4points from celtic/rangers/well,we got 4 with Well still left to play as good as it gets from any Hearts team:xmashappy:

Seymour M Hersh

I answered disappointed but it's really only a bit. If you had said to me before the game we are guaranteed a point I'd have gladly taken it. The disappointment comes from clearly controlling the game but failing (again) to make the most of our superiority in goal chances.

Bottom line is I'm quite chuffed as we over came a real hurdle with aplomb!

4/6 against the OF in three weeks? Who wouldnt be happy? Still a little grieved that we didnt take all three points today though. We deserved them.

a bit of both, as going to darkheid and getting a draw is usualy a good result, but having watched the game on the net the first half we should have been out of sight but for a great save from the jakey goalie from driver we would have ****ed the game. it just shows how far we have come in the last few months though.

portobellojambo1
Are you happy or disappointed?
Very happy we secured a point, yet also a little disappointed we didn't leave with three. Was a little disappointed we sat back for long periods of the second half, when the opportunity was there to maintain the first half level and win the game

If I were to question anything it would be the first substitution, Obua for Kingston. The formation was working well, and I do understand why Kingston had to be withdrawn, but I think he would have been better to have brought Cesnauskis on to try and hold the formation. Or even if it had to be Obua I think he might have been better putting him into the left back slot and releasing Jonsson to play the right sided role.

Still, I would have taken 1 point before the event, and that is what we achieved, so still relatively happy (but boy they are a poor, poor Celtic side).

Like some other posters I'm on the fence with this one. If you'd asked me at 2.55 I would have been delighted with a draw, but after watching the game, we really should have finished it in the first half. We seemed to sit back again after an hour, although we looked good on the break

Doctor FinnBarr

Disappointed, although I had 1 each down in the predictor. After taking the game to them in the 1st half we should have been outta sight! We still need a striker.

:xmasoh:

Both. Except the disappointment isn't disappointment as such, just the knowledge that even though we did well, we can do even better. All of us, players, management and fans, have to go into every game not only looking for but also expecting the 3 points, against any team in the league. We will reap the rewards of that attitude.

maltese jambo

I wasn't at the game but from all accounts it seems as if we should have really won this game....but taking into consideration its parkhead; where we all know everything and sundry will be against the away team, we simply have to be happy comming away with a point; not to mention a outstanding performance as well.

If you had offered me this score this morning i would have taken it no danger.

At the end of the game, I punched the air with delight. A few hours later, I think it was a chance missed. We really should have been 2 up at half time and today, that would have been enough.

Happy that the team came out and did thier best, at tynie they never played but today the had Fight and Passion and that is all you can ask for.

WELL DONE BOYS :xmasgrin:

My feelings on todays results can be summed up in 3 words "two points dropped" thats the only thought i had i my head all the way home tonight

I P Knightley

Know where you're coming from.

Judging from the first half, we should have kept, even extended, the lead. Second half was as frustrating a half as I've watched. Wanted to reach into the screen and push the midfield up the park and get the defence out of our box. I know they were piling on more pressure but they wouldn't have done so effectively if we'd kept the 1st half tactics.

That said, before 3pm, the predictions of a draw looked optimistic.

Well done the lads.

Libertonian_II
Still, I would have taken 1 point before the event, and that is what we achieved, so still relatively happy (but boy they are a poor, poor Celtic side).

The same poor celtic side that beat us 2-0 at Tynecastle recently:xmastongue:

chester copperpot

We played these mhanks 5 weeks ago, and they made us look stupid.

Today, it was role reversal. FTC.

We did very well today, even though we sat back for the 2nd half.

Libertonian_II
We played these mhanks 5 weeks ago, and they made us look stupid.

Today, it was role reversal. FTC.

We did very well today, even though we sat back for the 2nd half.

We've come a long way since then. We should be taking the credit and not putting it down to them being poor

chester copperpot
We've come a long way since then. We should be taking the credit and not putting it down to them being poor

I never did that did I?

I think a draw at darkheid is an excellent result. Sure we had some good chances in the first half to extend our lead but we've known all season we lack goals at the moment. Celtic were poor today particularly in the first half but they were always going to put us under pressure at some point and although I hate to say it probably deserved to score when they did.

The real plus point is that we are competing against them, whereas a few weeks ago we allowed them to p155 all over us without even putting up a fight. I don't know how Csaba has done it but for the first time in 2 years we play like a team and show some fight. I just hope we can keep it together through January.

Both. Except the disappointment isn't disappointment as such, just the knowledge that even though we did well, we can do even better. All of us, players, management and fans, have to go into every game not only looking for but also expecting the 3 points, against any team in the league. We will reap the rewards of that attitude.

Wondered if you would be on this thread. ;)

I am delighted with the point. As discussed with the above quoted redjambo, I automatically write off all games against the dirty two in the dirty city. That means that ANYTHING we get there, is treated like a bonus to me.

Oh, and biting again, how can a team that has only won there three times in seven years EXPECT to win there?

portobellojambo1

Indeed it was the same poor Celtic side that beat us at Tynecastle Libertonian II. However at Tynecastle we approached the game all wrong, and paid the penalty. Yesterday, first half in particular, we were set up perfectly, and controlled the game. If we had approached Celtic at Tynecastle in the same manner as we approached Rangers at Tynecastle we would have defeated them in that game as well, because they, and Rangers, are mere shadows of the good sides both have had in the past. I said the same when I left the game at Tynecastle, "poor Celtic side, who we should have got in about", but didn't on that occasion.

And to say Celtic are a poor side is to take nothing away from Hearts performance yesterday by the way, I have seen us play poorer Celtic sides and still lose heavily.

If I were to question anything it would be the first substitution, Obua for Kingston. The formation was working well, and I do understand why Kingston had to be withdrawn, but I think he would have been better to have brought Cesnauskis on to try and hold the formation. Or even if it had to be Obua I think he might have been better putting him into the left back slot and releasing Jonsson to play the right sided role.

I agree!

But when Cesnauskis did come on, I realised that Csaba had planned to replace Bruno with Obua. When he was forced to sub Kingston he perhaps thought that Cesnauskis didn't have 40 odd minutes in him after his recent recovery. Obua took so long to get ready, it was possibly a quick judgement call by Csaba.

Strachan>> :clubbed::flag2::Hearts Man dance::walk_man::Hearts Man dance::flag2: Strachan>>:boak:

I think on balance, in the cold light of day, a point at Parkhead is always a decent result. The frustration is that with a natural finisher in the side we might well have been 3-0 up at half time - I thought we totally dominated the first half.

I also thought the atmosphere in the Hearts end was very good whereas the rest of Celtic Park was like a library.

I think on balance, in the cold light of day, a point at Parkhead is always a decent result. The frustration is that with a natural finisher in the side we might well have been 3-0 up at half time - I thought we totally dominated the first half

That's my thoughts too. I'd have taken a point before the game, but it should have been all three with the chances we had

Happy we ended the game with a full squad, happy they didn't get the ussal penalty or dodgy free kick on the edge of the box. Sad we didn't win but, would take a draw away to the OF anyday.

Happy - on the grounds that I've seen enough late calamities against Celtic to last a lifetime (Scottish Cup 1988 send to stick in the throat). I tend to expect it. So, relief rather than happiness, I guess.

The fact of the matter is if someone offered us a point at 2.59pm yesterday we'd have taken it.

We've usually given a good account of ourselves at PH in recent years and I think it speaks volumes for the team that they actually drew the game and didn't lose it after conceding the lead. I mean, it's happened hunners of times before.

Obviously we should've been more than 1-0 up at HT and never have I seen a Hearts team dominate Celtic on their own patch. I think in all our minds we expected a different Celtic to come out in the second and that the relentless pressure would eventually yield a goal. When it did I don't think anyone was surprised.

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face; we had the balls to get it right up Celtic at Parkhead and came back with a point when many teams would've got nothing.

disappointed, if you go through to glasgow and the home team don't have a shot on target until 65 minutes then you have to be disappointed at dropping 2 points.

we should have scored more in the first half, and we also sat back too much in the second

Archived