Black Arm Bands

Bootboy100

I notice from the SNSPix on the official website that the team wore black armbands for John Cumming.

However and sadly unless mistaken noticed that the professional mourners didnt!!!

If this was the case then I find it totally disrespectful to Heart of Midlothian the opposition and John Cumming.

I notice from the SNSPix on the official website that the team wore black armbands for John Cumming.

However and sadly unless mistaken noticed that the professional mourners didnt!!!

If this was the case then I find it totally disrespectful to Heart of Midlothian the opposition and John Cumming.

Typical of those fecking parasites.

I'm not sure.

Before I start let me say that I despise celtic and all that they represent, however..........

I think today was about our team showing its respect for John Cumming, almost privately (I know its not the right word) before we all do so formally next Saturday. In my view, nothing to do with them, and I'm in no way insulted that they chose not to recognise what happened.

Guys like Jimmy Johnson and Jim Baxter meant nothing to me, and when they passed (with respect) it meant hee haw to me. I'd expect your average ignorant rantic fan would not even know how great a player, and man, John Cumming was.

We, the Hearts family, will show our respects properly at our home, the way John Cummming would have wanted it. Its the very least we can do.

I'm not sure.

Before I start let me say that I despise celtic and all that they represent, however..........

I think today was about our team showing its respect for John Cumming, almost privately (I know its not the right word) before we all do so formally next Saturday. In my view, nothing to do with them, and I'm in no way insulted that they chose not to recognise what happened.

Guys like Jimmy Johnson and Jim Baxter meant nothing to me, and when they passed (with respect) it meant hee haw to me. I'd expect your average ignorant rantic fan would not even know how great a player, and man, John Cumming was.

We, the Hearts family, will show our respects properly at our home, the way John Cummming would have wanted it. Its the very least we can do.

:Agree:

I'm not sure.

I think the thread could end on that post, well said mate.

The difference however, is that we (the rest of the SPL) were forced to have a minutes silence for these people despite them meaning Brussel Sprout to us irrespective of who we happened to be playing.

I remember attending at least 3 silences for Davie Cooper FFS.

Typical of those fecking parasites.

Typical if we had asked them and they chose not to wear armbands. I doubt we asked to be honest?

Who gives a flying what these ****s do or do not do, i expected nothing less tbh.

Typical if we had asked them and they chose not to wear armbands. I doubt we asked to be honest?

Maybe being a bit churlish myself but I did not want the club to request a damn thing off that manky mob

Black armbands was sufficient today IMO and we will do the major honouring when JCs spirit moves amongst his ain folk in Gorgie next Saturday

Maybe being a bit churlish myself but I did not want the club to request a damn thing off that manky mob

Black armbands was sufficient today IMO and we will do the major honouring when JCs spirit moves amongst his ain folk in Gorgie next Saturday

Agreed:)

TBH.DOES ANYTHING THAT THE DISGUSTING FOOTBALL CLUB CELTIC

DO ANYMORE SURPRISE ANYONE?

THEY ARE THE LOWEST OF THE LOW.

HORRIBLE FILTH.

Along with the post by John S, I agree.

The difference however, is that we (the rest of the SPL) were forced to have a minutes silence for these people despite them meaning Brussel Sprout to us irrespective of who we happened to be playing.

I remember attending at least 3 silences for Davie Cooper FFS.

To me that basically states we showed a little more class than they did, at least if they were asked to participate and didnt. Other than that it is a non issue

TBH.DOES ANYTHING THAT THE DISGUSTING FOOTBALL CLUB CELTIC

DO ANYMORE SURPRISE ANYONE?

THEY ARE THE LOWEST OF THE LOW.

HORRIBLE FILTH.

All aboard the Easily Offended Bus. :rolleyes:

I didn't give a **** when Johnstone died; it'd be hypocritical of me to expect Celtic fans to give a **** about John Cumming.

before the start of the game the stadium announcer told everbody some celtic player i had never heard of died this week .you would have thought they would have worn armbands for him maybe he wasnt famous enough

Teuchterjambo

You have managed to put that beautifully - JC's spirit will indeed pervade Tynecastle next week.

I will not be in my ususal place next week I will be in New York - that sounded a great idea a few weeks ago, Now I am gutted ,firstly that I am missing the game but much much more because I will not be able to pay my personal respects with the rest of the Hearts family.

Any New York Jambos available for a minute's reflection and a beer next Saturday ?

I'm not sure.

I know where you are coming from but I could not disagree with you more about Jimmy Johnstone and Jim Baxter.

They were two of the greatest players I have had the fortune to see on a football pitch and I am a dyed in the wool Jambo of over 50 years supporting the boys in maroon. Do not demean yourself by denigrating great Scottish players of whatever club they played for. The fact that the current narrow minded and short sighted incumbents of the boardroom at Parkhead could not pay respect to another great Scottish footballer, this time from the Heart of Midlothian Football Club, should take nothing away from our memories of two greats of the game.

I can assure you that Sir Robert Kelly, the chairman of Celtic at the time of the their European Cup triumph, would have shown respect to John Cumming and more to the point would have been ashamed of the current Celtic Board.

Don't let the current Celtic Board drag you down to their level.

I'm not sure.

John, you speak too much sense but I totally agree with you.

I think the right thing has been done - if there had been an attempt at a silence today and it was ruined by sellic fans then the issue would have been more about them than the fact we want to mourn one of our finest with the utmost respect that he deserves.

Next week at Tynecastle is the right time to show just how much John Cumming means to us.

I know where you are coming from but I could not disagree with you more about Jimmy Johnstone and Jim Baxter.

They were two of the greatest players I have had the fortune to see on a football pitch and I am a dyed in the wool Jambo of over 50 years supporting the boys in maroon. Do not demean yourself by denigrating great Scottish players of whatever club they played for. The fact that the current narrow minded and short sighted incumbents of the boardroom at Parkhead could not pay respect to another great Scottish footballer, this time from the Heart of Midlothian Football Club, should take nothing away from our memories of two greats of the game.

I can assure you that Sir Robert Kelly, the chairman of Celtic at the time of the their European Cup triumph, would have shown respect to John Cumming and more to the point would have been ashamed of the current Celtic Board.

Don't let the current Celtic Board drag you down to their level.

Bill, despite the way my post may read, I honestly did not intend it to be disrespectful.

I recognise that the two players I mentioned were exceptional talents, and degenerating them was not my aim. Rather I just wanted to illustrate my personal view, that in reality I did not have any affection for them, and in the case of Baxter in particular I found it quite distressing that his demise was self inflicted. That said they were just two examples, perhaps I should have named others.

You make a good point about being dragged down to their level, but given the way celtic have behaved in recent years I do find it very difficult to see any good there. I'll reflect on your comments.

Anyway I wouldn't want this thread to wander.............. if it continues lets keep it focused on how to honour a football great with respect and dignity.

So if Heart of Midlothian were playing sellick at Tynecastle next week.... ?

I think that the club took the correct decision today in paying their own tribute away from those ****, I only wish I'd be able to make it for next week, but I'm away so a FREE ticket available!!

Section P, Row L..... pm if interested, collect before Thursday.:xmasgrin:

So if Heart of Midlothian were playing sellick at Tynecastle next week.... ?

I think that the club took the correct decision today in paying their own tribute away from those ****, I only wish I'd be able to make it for next week, but I'm away so a FREE ticket available!!

Section P, Row L..... pm if interested, collect before Thursday.:xmasgrin:

How very Hearts of you:xmasgrin:

Kickback at its worst here. If I was a member of John Cumming's family (which I am not) I would be puzzled at how members of this board have used his death as a way of criticising Celtic.

Somehow, I think that the man was so much bigger than that.

I don't think it is normal in these circumstances for the "other" team to wear armbands. Nevertheless, why waste a good opportunity to go on and on, yet again, about how awful Celtic are?

It's reached the stage where no matter what sad event comes up, there will be post after post on here having a go at Celtic.

It's utterly disrespectful to use the death of a Hearts legend as a reason for these inane, repetitive, infantile rants.

As I wrote on another thread, let's show respect for John Cumming by posting things about him, his memory and his team. And leave it at that, until we get the opportunity to express our respect properly next Saturday.

Threads like this are an embarrassment.

I couldn't give a toss about Celtic. They mean zip all to me and they meant zip all to John Cumming. I don't want them to have ANYTHING to do with our club. We take care of our own.

Lynn

I couldn't give a toss about Celtic. They mean zip all to me and they meant zip all to John Cumming. I don't want them to have ANYTHING to do with our club. We take care of our own.

Lynn

Fully agree Lynn.

More to the point, but unless I'm mistaken, a certain Mr Kingston wasnt wearing one either.

To be fair Bill he has a black arm so what's the point in wearing a band.

Does that mean a deal is already signed and he is not really a Hearts player after all?:xmaszip:

Before the game, Celtic made an announcement regarding the recent death of former player Gil Heron, who ironically played around the same time as John Cumming. Heron, for those who care, was the father of jazz legend Gil Scott-Heron.

Hearts will make an announcement regarding John Cumming at Tynecastle on Saturday and there'll be piece in the match programme. That's the way these things work for players from 50/60 years ago.

Lynn

i couldn't agree more

we'll show our respects at tynecastle, just like the great man himself i think would have liked.

RIP john, sleep well

Archived