For those that attended?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

How was the policing and stewarding today peeps.

Hopefully a lot better after we took a couple of our own guys with us today.

Any instances, or was it all relatively calm?

Seemed not too bad from where I was. Never told to sit at any point, a lot less heavy handed than usual. Someone was rather politely told to calm down and enjoy the game from what I can only assume was one of the cops we took through.

It couldn't be any worse than that game last season.

Think I saw about three people getting chucked out, not sure whether they was justified or not. One steward getting on to people to sit down all the time, the police were also in deep discussion with George Folkes a lot, not sure what that was about either.

Romanov Stole My Pension

The policing was far better. The presence of that MSP must have done the trick. But I can't help but feel it was pointless to announce that he was going, it just means they behaved today but later on in the season they'll be back to their worst. Should have made it a surprise visit.

netherleejambo

When we started singing "shoes off" a steward told he guy behind us to put his shoes back on! Better than last season but still made to feel like a criminal - over the top video recording - whats that all about!:xmasgrin:

McLetchie was there today also,it was announced during the week.Both MPs sat in during the pre match Police/Stewards briefings so they were always going to be on their best behaviour.

It's a bit like whitewashing the factory when you're expecting a visit from the Queen.

The policing was far better. The presence of that MSP must have done the trick. But I can't help but feel it was pointless to announce that he was going, it just means they behaved today but later on in the season they'll be back to their worst. Should have made it a surprise visit.

Those were my thoughts when it was announced. Much better to have let them do it their normal way and then bring out the big guns who were there, rather than giving them an opportunity to get off the hook.

Nothing to report.

Foulkes and the other bloke were sat 2 rows in front of us and were treated like royalty by the Police. "Would you like to join us for a bit of hospitality at half time", shown to their seats, tour of the police control room etc.

The policing / stewarding was nothing ike my previous experiences at Parkhead, only 3 stewards sat in front of the Hearts support(no police)instead of the usual 50, the stewards/police who seperated the fans watched the Celtic fans as much as they did us. One Hearts fan in front of me enjoyed winding up the Celtic support a bit too much, but instead of the usual no questions asked get him out type of policing we have had before he was politely asked by the stewards to concentrate his efforts at his team instead of the Celtic support....this was done with a smile instead of the usual arrogance.

Well done to the stewards/police today and may it continue when MSP's are not present.

Big up to the Hearts support who made it through, a few union jacks(there were also plenty of flags of other countries), but very little if any 'dodgy songs' imo.

PS. Foulkes and McGletchie supported the team just as any other Hearts fan did (apart from the half-time hospitality)

pps. was there any need for the videoing of the Hearts support after half time?

Sexton Hardcastle

We sat right next to Foulkes. There was a few people getting thrown out and one looked pretty harsh right after they scored. Apart from that seemed okay. The hearts "End" wasnt far of being full.

Nothing to report.

Foulkes and the other bloke were sat 2 rows in front of us and were treated like royalty by the Police. "Would you like to join us for a bit of hospitality at half time", shown to their seats, tour of the police control room etc.

The policing / stewarding was nothing ike my previous experiences at Parkhead, only 3 stewards sat in front of the Hearts support(no police)instead of the usual 50, the stewards/police who seperated the fans watched the Celtic fans as much as they did us. One Hearts fan in front of me enjoyed winding up the Celtic support a bit too much, but instead of the usual no questions asked get him out type of policing we have had before he was politely asked by the stewards to concentrate his efforts at his team instead of the Celtic support....this was done with a smile instead of the usual arrogance.

Well done to the stewards/police today and may it continue when MSP's are not present.

Big up to the Hearts support who made it through, a few union jacks(there were also plenty of flags of other countries), but very little if any 'dodgy songs' imo.

PS. Foulkes and McGletchie supported the team just as any other Hearts fan did (apart from the half-time hospitality)

pps. was there any need for the videoing of the Hearts support after half time?

Glad to hear it went well but I suspect the police will more than make up for it when the MP's are not present.

I thought the stewarding was pretty decent today. One of them even told us to "keep is down" a bit instead of just hawking us out :xmaseye:

chester copperpot
I thought the stewarding was pretty decent today. One of them even told us to "keep is down" a bit instead of just hawking us out :xmaseye:

The next question to be is, was this a consequence of us announcing the MSP attending or was it that the last game made a difference after all the complaints.

I wish we hadn't announced our intentions for this game, we would've seen the real picture.

Yep, I suspect the arrests / ejections will rocket back up next time we are there - WITHOUT the benefit of any high profile 'observers'

It's laughable that the Glasgow Fuzz dont get embarrassed by the way these figures alternate ?

When no MSPs are keeping watch = mega arrests / ejections and generally rough treatment all round

When there have been Ministers present = minimal arrests, jovial warnings and no strong arm tactics

It surely cant be our fans altering their behaviour, because in Celtics own view we are the **** of the earth and NEED to policed firmly at all times ?

Doctor FinnBarr
The next question to be is, was this a consequence of us announcing the MSP attending or was it that the last game made a difference after all the complaints.

I wish we hadn't announced our intentions for this game, we would've seen the real picture.

At a guess its because there were 2 responsible adults attending.

:xmassick:

portobellojambo1

I have absolutely no complaint about the stewarding at all today, although was taken slightly aback when at the point of entry I was asked "do you know where your seat is or can I be of assistance Sir".

As has been said I believe the type of policing and stewarding was dictated by the presence of George Foulkes and David McLetchie, but on the flip side I hope both the police and stewards will have worked out from today that if they treat us with the respect we deserve (without going over the top) then there will be no hassle inside the ground. From speaking to someone after the game I was told those who were ejected deserved to be ejected.

Somebody asked about the size of the Hearts following, I would think maybe around 700 fans were there, possibly looked more or fuller but the area given to us has been smaller than usual on the last two visits.

How many Hearts were there? Roughly.

I was sitting right at the back of the stand and from there it looked as if our end was almost entirely full.

To be fair that was the best I have seen the police and stewards behave...suprisingly some people including myself were allowed to stand for the whole game.

I was sitting right at the back of the stand and from there it looked as if our end was almost entirely full.

To be fair that was the best I have seen the police and stewards behave...suprisingly some people including myself were allowed to stand for the whole game.

Sorry, but when Celtic equalised a boy at the front made a very tame fingers up to the opposition and was arrested. That would be fine if you omitted the details: he was not a threat to anyone; he was viciously apprehended; a steward hit him in the back as he was being led away.

This incident has been reported to various police officers and filmed by many Hearts fans.

The wee runt leader of the "fans in fluorescent jackets" took exception to me reporting him and aggressively pointed at me for the rest of the game.

The incident has been reported; will there be action?

I have absolutely no complaint about the stewarding at all today, although was taken slightly aback when at the point of entry I was asked "do you know where your seat is or can I be of assistance Sir".

As has been said I believe the type of policing and stewarding was dictated by the presence of George Foulkes and David McLetchie, but on the flip side I hope both the police and stewards will have worked out from today that if they treat us with the respect we deserve (without going over the top) then there will be no hassle inside the ground. From speaking to someone after the game I was told those who were ejected deserved to be ejected.

Somebody asked about the size of the Hearts following, I would think maybe around 700 fans were there, possibly looked more or fuller but the area given to us has been smaller than usual on the last two visits.

I think that the club said that we sold under 600 tickets, certainly when I was up at the ticket office yesterday all they had were restricted view seats

suzie_preston

I have to agree the police & stewards were very helpful and polite today, the steward that was sat along side us even smiled when Hearts scored and never told us to sit down at anytime, at half time they (police & stewards) even had a friendly chat with some people :)

Though it was a trek and a half to the new away bus park :( did anyone else know it had been moved before they got there today?

I agree that no doubt we were treated differently (with respect) because of the 2 msp's but as you say hopefully they (the police and stewards) will have learned a lot from today. I also thought that whilst the union jacks were in view, a lot of the 'songs' were missing today which would have helped.

I thought we had roughly 1200 today about 600 top section and 600 bottom section (the middle section was defo 'restricted view')

NO YOU ARE WRONG!

One incident might not be significant, but for the boy involved it could be life-changing (employment wise).

letsalllaughathobos

i was there today and had a great time(pity they scored).

not one bit of hassle the whole match.

support was exellent today.

well done to every jambo today.

Sorry, but when Celtic equalised a boy at the front made a very tame fingers up to the opposition and was arrested. That would be fine if you omitted the details: he was not a threat to anyone; he was viciously apprehended; a steward hit him in the back as he was being led away.

This incident has been reported to various police officers and filmed by many Hearts fans.

The wee runt leader of the "fans in fluorescent jackets" took exception to me reporting him and aggressively pointed at me for the rest of the game.

Didn't see that but I was down the bottom and a load of fans around me erupted.

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

I got chucked out at HT for smoking. No arguments from me I got ejected for something yer not meant to do. Overall a big difference today.

Doctor FinnBarr
I got chucked out at HT for smoking. No arguments from me I got ejected for something yer not meant to do. Overall a big difference today.

At least you missed their goal then Scotty!

:xmascrazy:

Cant believe the steward done that to the boy.Out of order.He could have caused a riot doing it right in front of the hearts fans. And i hope he is delt with, apart from that everything was ok. Once again 1000 hearts fans made more noise than their 50000+ fans, well done JT'S , the only time you hear them is when they score.

chester copperpot

Heh heh, well done son.

boabyarsebiscuit

The policing / stewarding was definitely more low key than usual. The tactic seemed to be to dish out "warnings" rather than instantly eject or arrest.

My only slight criticism was that once again the home fans were allowed to get away with murder, but I suppose if some of us were allowed to act like arseholes, I can't complain about the "best fan in the wurrald" who threatened to cut my 15 year old daughter's throat only getting off with a "warning".

Foulkes / McLetchie should come to this fixture on a regular basis.

I agree that no doubt we were treated differently (with respect) because of the 2 msp's but as you say hopefully they (the police and stewards) will have learned a lot from today. I also thought that whilst the union jacks were in view, a lot of the 'songs' were missing today which would have helped.

I thought we had roughly 1200 today about 600 top section and 600 bottom section (the middle section was defo 'restricted view')

And here's the ticket office thinking they had only sold under 600, 1,200 turning up is some feat :xmaseye:

And here's the ticket office thinking they had only sold under 600, 1,200 turning up is some feat :xmaseye:

Can only say how many i thought were there and not how many were actually there.

I thought the top and bottom looked full, i thought the side section under the police box was full, the only empty seats were in the middle section imo.

I do not know how many our section held.

Can only say how many i thought were there and not how many were actually there.

I thought the top and bottom looked full, i thought the side section under the police box was full, the only empty seats were in the middle section imo.

I do not know how many our section held.

At least you went:xmashappy: I had intended to go and was gonna buy a ticket when I was up at the ticket office on Friday getting my Hibs ticket, thats when I was told that they only had restricted view tickets left and that they had sold around 550/600.

Due to where Ive been living the past 9 years its been ages since Ive been at a league game at Darkhied, maybe after the last few results through there I should keep away

I must've been one or two rows behind Gambo and had no complaints about police or stewards. One steward even decided to inform me of the rankgers score before the game started though maybe he was embarassed because my seat didn't actually exist, it was a step.

Archived