Romanov interview before the Celtic game

AndriusG

It's going on live now on Sport1 (Lithuanian sports channel), but I didn't realise he was on so I didn't catch the first ten minutes.

Generally, he's talking about

- Celtic and Rangers aren't playing very good football

- Today, the ref won't let Hearts get away with anything and will probably be lenient towards Celtic

- Predicts a Hearts victory, if the game is played lawfully

- When he came to Scotland, everyone was his 'friend' but now, after splitting the OF and breaking the natural order, people turned against him

- Football is like an art, there is an artist and he shouldn't be interfered with (either talking about himself here, or Csaba, I would guess)

There were questions about Csaba and more things like that - but the feed crashed as the question was asked.

It's going on live now on Sport1 (Lithuanian sports channel), but I didn't realise he was on so I didn't catch the first ten minutes.

Generally, he's talking about

- Celtic and Rangers aren't playing very good football

- Today, the ref won't let Hearts get away with anything and will probably be lenient towards Celtic

- Predicts a Hearts victory, if the game is played lawfully

- When he came to Scotland, everyone was his 'friend' but now, after splitting the OF and breaking the natural order, people turned against him

- Football is like an art, there is an artist and he shouldn't be interfered with (either talking about himself here, or Csaba, I would guess)

There were questions about Csaba and more things like that - but the feed crashed as the question was asked.

well he may be crazy but he's right about the ref bit, we will get nothing from the ref today, NOTHING!!!!

rudi must stay
well he may be crazy but he's right about the ref bit, we will get nothing from the ref today, NOTHING!!!!

nice optimism mate. The game has only just started ffs

nice optimism mate. The game has only just started ffs

Think his view just might be based on decades of evidence?

rudi must stay
Think his view just might be based on decades of evidence?

fair enough. but the game is still there to be won, him saying we'll get nothing from the ref before the games even started is too negative imo.

This just during the half time break

Romanov, what do you say about all the rumour and press coverage about water, Arbroath, etc...

The clubs will have to survive on their own, we're just there as insurance. The teams can spend the money that they make. If they don't have the money - we'll help them out. The rest is all rumours.

it might be negative, but it didn't do fergie any harm pointing i our to aberdeen telling them not to ask for anything & not to bother making a meal of anything cos they would be penalised rather than either of the weegie sides getting booked

note, i'm not comparing vlad to fergie, but pointing these things out can be a good thing sometimes

We got some decent refereeing decision against Rangers. I had no complaints.

If Celtic don't get at least one very significant bit of help from the referee in the second half I will be flabergasted and will have to reconsider my view that these refs are systematically cheating.

I expect either a penalty to celtic or a blatant offside/ onside goal ruled OK for celtic/ not OK for Us.

This just during the half time break

Romanov, what do you say about all the rumour and press coverage about water, Arbroath, etc...

The clubs will have to survive on their own, we're just there as insurance. The teams can spend the money that they make. If they don't have the money - we'll help them out. The rest is all rumours.

That actually makes me feel mildly optimistic, assuming he's telling the truth it sounds like a return to living within our own means and maybe making a profit rather than a firesale and complete withdrawl of support as some have predicted.

Guess we'll find out in January i suppose..

MacDonald Jardine
it might be negative, but it didn't do fergie any harm pointing i our to aberdeen telling them not to ask for anything & not to bother making a meal of anything cos they would be penalised rather than either of the weegie sides getting booked

note, i'm not comparing vlad to fergie, but pointing these things out can be a good thing sometimes

You're half right.

He banged on to the press about that but that Aberdeen team were masterly at putting pressure on referees during the game.

Archived