dundee hibernian v rangers

winston churchill

winston churchill
What score do we want from this? guess a draw would be best, chasing 2nd and trying to keep away others from 3rd.:xmaswoot:

an away win

an away win

I agree. And I smile whenever you call them Dundee Hibernian too. :)

winston churchill
Definately a home win to put us in touching distance of rhangers.

nope

it will stop dundee hibernian showing us a clean pair of heels.

guess an away win might shut levein up with all the garbage he's been spoutin about winning the league being his ultimate ain - get real craig, darren dodds is your best centre half, says it all for me.

we're not getting 2nd spot, its not happening, at least not this season, as much as i would love to eat my words come may

so, for me its gotta be a (splutter, choke) hun win

got it sticks in ma craw to say that urgh!

Who? Now I'm really confused... :)

From a football perspective definitely a Rangers win.

However hopefully heavy snow or major roadworks all the way back to Weegieland to inconvenience the ****.

guess an away win might shut levein up with all the garbage he's been spoutin about winning the league being his ultimate ain - get real craig, darren dodds is your best centre half, says it all for me.

Blimey! When did he say that?

Blimey! When did he say that?

LOL. This is in the Herald article from today :

ROUND 8 - Splitting the Old Firm. "Anybody who openly comes out and says they want to split the Old Firm, well, it's a pretty fanciful idea. If we had genuine aspirations of that, we wouldn't tell anybody."

Seymour M Hersh
Dundee Hibernian and their management team are starting to get on my nerves.

Hope Rangers pump them.

Kind of agree with you there JF. A few goals off dundreich hobo's goals for would be good too.

winston churchill
daily record 2 weeks ago when he signed new contract.

dundee hibernian better tread carefully.

he might get them into europe, then **** off to hartlepool united when their backs turned.

dundee hibernian better tread carefully.

he might get them into europe, then **** off to hartlepool united when their backs turned.

:D

Charlie-Brown

My SPL title dream: Craig Levein sets high targets for Dundee United after signing new deal

Dec 3 2008 By David Mccarthy

CRAIG LEVEIN is aiming for the stars. He admits he might not get there. But he knows he couldn't live with himself if he didn't set his sights as high as possible.

Yesterday the Dundee United manager signed a contract that will keep him at Tannadice until 2012. The deal gives him time to mould a team he hopes will be capable of mounting a challenge in the SPL.

Not just getting into the top six. Not even making Europe or splitting the Old Firm as Hearts did a couple of seasons ago.

No, Levein wants more. He wants the championship trophy in the Tannadice boardroom for the first time since 1983.

Now before anyone suggests he has taken leave of his senses, hold on. There isn't a more level-headed individual operating in this madhouse we all love and Levein knows his dream probably won't be realised. But that's not going to stop him trying.

As he spoke yesterday, overlooking a pitch blanketed in four inches of snow, you could almost see the green shoots of recovery poking through.

When Levein arrived on Tayside in October 2006, Dundee United were bottom of the SPL and facing a scenario that could have killed the club. Yes, relegation would have been that serious. Now they are regarded by most as the club most likely to sustain a serious challenge to the Glasgow giants and Levein is not of a mind to shirk that.

He said: "I'd love to think it was possible we could win the league. There are so many ducks we'd have to get into a row for us to do that and it would be extremely difficult.

"But I wouldn't be doing my job properly if in the long run I didn't think we were heading towards being the best.

"Getting there might be impossible but I've got to have that in my head, that we've got to keep improving. There are a number of things against a provincial team nowadays winning a league championship, one being money.

"Another is that in the past any time we or anyone has got near the top of the league then come January two or three players disappear somewhere else.

"Splitting the Old Firm or winning the league isn't my main concern just now. It's trying to improve on what we did last year.

"I'm not saying we can do this or that, I'm just not ruling it out. But it will be very difficult."

If Levein succeeded, the stick the Old Firm bosses would get for failing to stop him would be unbelievable. In fact, the Dundee United manager believes the criticism Walter Smith and Gordon Strachan are getting at the moment is, frankly, outrageous and he has nothing but contempt for the way managers are slaughtered on public forums.

He added: "You're just one game away from a disaster in this business - it's crazy. Walter has done a fantastic job. You'd like to take people back to how they felt walking away from games during Paul Le Guen's time. Last year Rangers got to the UEFA Cup Final. When was their last Euro final? 1972.

"Gordon Strachan takes Celtic into the Champions League last 16 twice in two years, wins three titles in a row and now it's time for him to leave.

"The only thing he could have done better was win the Grand National and the Boat Race. Someone told me at the Arsenal v Spurs game the other week an Arsenal fan shouted, 'Wenger must go'. Next they'll be wanting Alex Ferguson out. It's becoming ridiculous. It's now black and white - you're brilliant or you're sh***.

"I'm blaming a lack of tolerance and understanding in the football world today. Supporters have so much access to being read or heard by everybody.

"You can phone up any radio station, phone or write in to any newspaper or get on to the internet at 4am and speak to other people who haven't got a brain.

"Before you know it these people are credible. I long for the time when people who run football clubs understood it isn't an exact science.

"When you go into a shop you pay your money and you get something. At a football club you sign a manager and the whole idea is you must have a plan of where you're trying to get to." Levein has a plan all right. And he's honest enough to admit it doesn't involve staying at Tannadice forever.

He said: "Despite all I've said, I actually quite perversely love doing the job.

"I'm not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes here. I've said from day one I'm a hugely ambitious person and I want to manage at the highest level possible.

"What I'm saying by signing this contract is I'm not in a hurry to jump out of Dundee United to go somewhere else to achieve that."

If Levein reaches the stars he's aiming for and brings the league championship to United he won't have any worries about finding a club at a higher level.

But right now he couldn't be happier where he is. He said: "I feel as if what I'm doing here is appreciated. I know the other backroom staff and the players feel like that as well.

"At Hearts I didn't feel that and that forced my arm to get out when I could. But here if we lose a game, maybe we're off form and don't play well, the supporters know this group of players will always try their hearts out.

"I know if you picked a guy out of the stand to play he might be completely hopeless but he'd run until he fell over. That's the kind of attitude fans want to see and I think these players give them that."

Levein does too. That's why anyone with United at he art was smiling yesterday.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2008/12/03/my-spl-title-dream-craig-levein-sets-high-targets-for-dundee-united-after-signing-new-deal-86908-20942310/

Everybody loves Baz

Bazza the crab should've been sent off by the sounds of it ?

Interesting that you consider Levein to be as visionary as Romanov albeit 4 years behind.... :mw_rolleyes:

Romanov : "Nothing is impossible - there is no reason why we can't win the championship. It's inevitable that we will reach the level of Celtic and Rangers."

Levein : He said: "I'd love to think it was possible we could win the league. There are so many ducks we'd have to get into a row for us to do that and it would be extremely difficult.

I know who lives on planet earth and who lives on cloud cuckoo land. I'm not so sure you do !

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2008/12/03/my-spl-title-dream-craig-levein-sets-high-targets-for-dundee-united-after-signing-new-deal-86908-20942310/

:xmascrazy::xmascrazy::xmascrazy::xmascrazy::xmascrazy:

Absolute nonsense, is the water different in Dundee?

He said: "I'd love to think it was possible we could win the league. There are so many ducks we'd have to get into a row for us to do that and it would be extremely difficult.

"But I wouldn't be doing my job properly if in the long run I didn't think we were heading towards being the best.

"Getting there might be impossible but I've got to have that in my head, that we've got to keep improving. There are a number of things against a provincial team nowadays winning a league championship, one being money.

"Another is that in the past any time we or anyone has got near the top of the league then come January two or three players disappear somewhere else.

"Splitting the Old Firm or winning the league isn't my main concern just now. It's trying to improve on what we did last year.

"I'm not saying we can do this or that, I'm just not ruling it out. But it will be very difficult."

None of the above comments seem daft to me. He's talking long term, and about a dream - then couches it with the reality we all know only too well. If the Hearts manager said the above, would you also dismiss it as "nonsense" or understand that they were just discussing their ultimate dream too? And the thing is, if we have a firesale in January and hit real financial trouble, Dundee United are the best bet to challenge the Old Firm. If JJ could do it in 97/8...

None of the above comments seem daft to me. He's talking long term, and about a dream - then couches it with the reality we all know only too well. If the Hearts manager said the above, would you also dismiss it as "nonsense" or understand that they were just discussing their ultimate dream too? And the thing is, if we have a firesale in January and hit real financial trouble, Dundee United are the best bet to challenge the Old Firm. If JJ could do it in 97/8...

Exactly Shaun. He knows it aint going to happen but as you say it is a dream. Totally different from the pap we endured from you know who when he didn't have the first clue about how difficult it would be and had no cohesive strategy to achieve it.

Absolutely stunning headed equaliser for Boro against the gooners. :xmaswoot:

Should have been a penalty for Boro there aswell, refs a clown.

The Old Tolbooth

When Kenny Miller was through on goal, is it just me that thought the ref would have blown for a foul on the keeper if it happened in the other half?

Hope Rangers win for the good of Hearts though, no other reason.

not a hope in hell of catching rangers so its an away win as united will be fighting for third along with us

Dundee Hibernian and their management team are starting to get on my breasts.

Hope Rangers pump them.

Yip........:xmassick:

rangers are a shambles and look to be in for it now

i'm chuffed dundee are beating them, not so chuffed that its not good for us

weir red carded, rangers down to 10 men

winston churchill
rangers are a shambles and look to be in for it now

i'm chuffed dundee are beating them, not so chuffed that its not good for us

weir red carded, rangers down to 10 men

he got a yellow on my tv

he got a yellow on my tv

yeah, i know

i was getting excited at the thought of rangers players being sent off and jumped ahead of myself a wee bit..

shoulda been a red though

Archived