Ewan Murray: Hearts are (quietly) up for sale

shaun.lawson

Ah, I haven't read today's Scotsman yet. Was there a thread on here about it?

Yes - it was two or three days ago now though! And as an aside, I heard Ripo's players hadn't been paid for several months ages ago now.

Charlie-Brown

UBIG/UKIO sponsors Ripo and it seems their funding has also been curtailed leading to some payment problems for some of their staff sadly.

Charlie-Brown

Ewan is speculating about whether Hearts are up for sale or not however there are already plenty UK football clubs who are up for sale or available to offers, Newcastle, West Ham, Charlton, Portsmouth, Everton, Rangers........very few buyers apparent in the market at present time though.

Ewan is speculating about whether Hearts are up for sale or not however there are already plenty UK football clubs who are up for sale or available to offers, Newcastle, West Ham, Charlton, Portsmouth, Everton, Rangers........very few buyers apparent in the market at present time though.

I'm pretty sure most clubs are up for sale.

Especially us

I'm pretty sure most clubs are up for sale.

Especially us

I think that is absolutley spot on.

I don't think we need to see "For Sale" signs hanging from the stands to know that should Vlad receive a reasonable offer he would be gone like a shot in these troubled tmes.

Two problems though.

1 As has rightly been pointed out there are many clubs in a similar position and not too many buyers at the moment

2 Vlad's definition of 'reasonable' may not match that of any potential suitor.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Funny how folk read an article about a player who has publicly slated Vlad & says the doctor hasn't been paid gets turned into a set in stone statement about ALL the players and staff not being paid for six months by our one alleged supporters.

Fecking bizarre if you ask me !!!!

Billy the Jambo

I REALLY FECKING HOPE SO PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN BEFORE CHRISTMAS .IT WOULD BE THE BEST PRESENT EVER IF HE SOLD UP

I'm sure the sellik-loving plumber will be preparing his bid. :xmasgrin:

"I have more chance of selling to Marilyn Munroe than Pat Munroe" - one of VRs better quotes.

Seen as his "consortium" was full of Icelandic Bankers, I think we've heard the last of that particular fantasy. :xmasgrin:

I REALLY FECKING HOPE SO PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN BEFORE CHRISTMAS .IT WOULD BE THE BEST PRESENT EVER IF HE SOLD UP

To who?

Vlad is going nowhere. He'll be here for the next ten years. You best enjoy the ride.

aye he is a good lad but a bit bolshie when he has had a beer tut tut

Pot, kettle, black. :xmashappy:

The article is full of " Rumour",speculation", "Private individual"," Proported"

Some on here take what he writes as gospel. Yes, the club MAY be for sale, IF the right buyer comes along. He quotes rumour that VR is quietly wanting to sell. IF VR wanted to sell make it public and take offers.Simple really.

UBIG and Romanov's finances have always appeared a complex business.

Just because he doesn't run to the papers with every little thing, they make up lines like this.

Yet players must be sold next month to ease short-term problems,

He must read these pages for all the doom and gloom.

Yes we know players will be sold but where has anyone quoted a mass exodus?

Romanov may choose to ride it out.

In other words he doesn't know!

He uses nice wee phrases interspersed with rumour to MAKE UP a story.

FACT! no-one outside ukio/ubig/VR KNOWS what the future will bring.

Take everything in print with a pinch of salt and wait and see. There is nothing else we can do right now.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

agreed,

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
"I have more chance of selling to Marilyn Munroe than Pat Munroe" - one of VRs better quotes.

Seen as his "consortium" was full of Icelandic Bankers, I think we've heard the last of that particular fantasy. :xmasgrin:

icelandic bankers - lithuanian bankers

no difference really

It's quite an optimistic negative article. As others have said it's hard to see (m)any buyers interested in Hearts at present. :xmaseye:

icelandic bankers - lithuanian bankers

no difference really

As someone who had money in the 2 biggest Icelandic banks you can trust me there is a difference.... :xmasunsure:

the article is bable, every club in the world is up for sale at the right price, Hearts, Real Madrid, Lyon, Boca Juniors etc doesny matter which club it is they all have a sale value. I would expect better journalism from a pro, I could write the same thing about any club, just say the owner is having doubts and may wish to sell. I like Ewan's stuff but this is very very basic storytelling with a wee bit of obvious speculation.

Billy the Jambo
To who?

Vlad is going nowhere. He'll be here for the next ten years. You best enjoy the ride.

If the mad one isnt going anywhere there will be no Hearts in ten years time .Get your head out of the sand

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
As someone who had money in the 2 biggest Icelandic banks you can trust me there is a difference.... :xmasunsure:

sorry to hear that

sorry to hear that

I did get it back after a couple of months....but lost the interest for that period. Still a result though. :xmastongue:

Good article. I had no idea about Ripo. 6 months? Wow.

According to a disgruntled player who was rejected by VR for some reason or other.....possibly because he had a big mouth !!!!!!!!!

Funny how folk read an article about a player who has publicly slated Vlad & says the doctor hasn't been paid gets turned into a set in stone statement about ALL the players and staff not being paid for six months by our one alleged supporters.

Fecking bizarre if you ask me !!!!

Just the doctor that has not been paid?

If the mad one isnt going anywhere there will be no Hearts in ten years time .Get your head out of the sand

My head aint in the sand but I think you need to get yours out the clouds if what we have is not good enough for you.

We would not have people like Campbell Ogilvie at the club if not for Vlad, a manager like Csaba and we would not have so many top class players.

I think you need to lower your expectations a little and enjoy. :)

Miller Jambo 60
My head aint in the sand but I think you need to get yours out the clouds if what we have is not good enough for you.

We would not have people like Campbell Ogilvie at the club if not for Vlad, a manager like Csaba and we would not have so many top class players.

I think you need to lower your expectations a little and enjoy. :)

Spot on mate.

Sick of the negativity on KB.

Archived