Husref Musemic

tazhearts

Watching Vlad's interview on Hearts World where he tells a story about a team in Germany on the 80's who had a player on trial who looked amazing, when they went to sign him the selling team sent over his twin brother who was mince and they ended up signing him by mistake.

I was always told a similar thing happened with Husref. That the manager (Sandy Clark I think) had been over a few times to watch him but was actually watching Musemic's brother who was far better.

Any truth in this?

jamboinglasgow
Watching Vlad's interview on Hearts World where he tells a story about a team in Germany on the 80's who had a player on trial who looked amazing, when they went to sign him the selling team sent over his twin brother who was mince and they ended up signing him by mistake.

I was always told a similar thing happened with Husref. That the manager (Sandy Clark I think) had been over a few times to watch him but was actually watching Musemic's brother who was far better.

Any truth in this?

dont know anything about this, but the interview was with Csaba not Vlad, that may of been a freudian slip on your part.

I am sure that Hursef Musemic was actually a basketball player that occasionally played football.

It might just be a popular myth, however it does seem that all was not what it seemed with his big money transfer.

would be great to hear the real story. i was always under the impression that we signed the wrong hursef musemic and the one we were meant to get was still out there

Winston Ingram

That was always the story put about.. cant see it being true to be honest.

Read a really interesting interview with him not long ago in the EEN, he took to coaching kids in war-torn parts of Yugoslavia in helping to bring communities back together. Seems to have had a fascinating life, just didnt suit Scottish football!

would be great to hear the real story. i was always under the impression that we signed the wrong hursef musemic and the one we were meant to get was still out there

did any one on here actually see him?

He finished Hearts top scorer that year.In a**** team.

Maybe we signed the wrong Hans Eskillson.

I remember two things about Moose.

That he scored the winner against Hibs and the only English words he knew were Pepsi and Dollar.

Johanes de Silentio

I heard that we signed the wrong Cesnauskis! Rumours, huh!

We definitely signed the wrong Elliot - we got Billy.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Holy crap guys. Where's your history? Over ten posts in and nobody has mentioned that Sandy Clark wasn't Hearts manager for another four years after Musemic signed!

did any one on here actually see him?

He finished Hearts top scorer that year.In a**** team.

Maybe we signed the wrong Hans Eskillson.

went to all the games back then, i'm sure a season ticket cost me around ?60. ?3 on the boys gate for away games. can't remember much of the lad apart from the rumours he was the wrong guy. he didn't make much of an impression

He was rubbish and I for one was delighted when he left. The Yugoslav equivalant of Jamie Mole who was paid ?2K a game (this was 1989).

Any truth in this?

although it sounds a good story its a lot of mince, we signed the right guy, he just wasnt suited to Scottish Football, although im sure he scored about 4 goals in about 6 games for us, 2 in the league and 2 in the league cup and the winner against Sunderland on his debut he signed in June 1989 and was away by December 1989, he won one cap for Yugoslavia in a side that included Prosinecki and Davor Suker before they became Croatia, i have actually seen the team picture taken before his one and only international appearance and its definately the same Husref Musemic, he is at present a well respected coach in his native land.

jambos are go!

The rumour was that it was Walter Borthwick who watched him (or his brother if you believe the story that they signed the wrong one). Musemic had virtually no English and was substituted at Paisley(after scoring with a magnificent header )when Doddie could not understand at half time if he was saying he was injured or he wanted another orange. He was a great header of the ball but was released because as Mercer put it "he wasnot up to the rigours of the Premier League".

My own view is that he was probably better than we thought but his total lack of English made it impossible to integrate him into the team.

The rumour was that it was Walter Borthwick who watched him (or his brother if you believe the story that they signed the wrong one). Musemic had virtually no English and was substituted at Paisley(after scoring with a magnificent header )when Doddie could not understand at half time if he was saying he was injured or he wanted another orange. He was a great header of the ball but was released because as Mercer put it "he wasnot up to the rigours of the Premier League".

My own view is that he was probably better than we thought but his total lack of English made it impossible to integrate him into the team.

He was rubbish

money we could ill afford

and went back for zilch

waste of

Any truth in this?

You could ask the man himself. Here's his Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Husref-Musemic/59037632192. :xmasgrin:

similiar story about newcastle signing carl cort (or was it jason euell? I can never remember who was better at the time) but aye supposedly scout went to watch 'the big black striker' paid big money but they ended up with the wrong player. Think this story is commonly believed to be fact though.

Dundee United fans claimed this did happen to them during Jim McLeans time.

A Czech was brought over after being watched on video, but it turned out to be his brother who signed. Orso they say.....

A Czech was brought over after being watched on video, but it turned out to be his brother who signed. Orso they say.....

was that not walter rojas or someone similar, was he not from South America somewhere

Cairneyhill Jambo

I'm pretty sure Walter Kidd was a wrong signing too.

A scout was watching Arniston Rangers, I think, and recommended a player and they signed Wattie instead of the other player.

Great servant to the club nevertheless.

He scored the winner v Hibs.Thatll do for me

Exactly mate. He is a true Hearts hero. :xmasgrin:

Walter Rojas.

As for the legend that is Musemic, IIRC, didn't we go to see Yugoslavia and sign the wrong striker? It wasn't yesterday, but I seem to remember we signed the number 9 instead of the number 10 or vice versa.

Archived