Bobby Kirk

TyphoonJambo

Read on one of the John Cummings threads that Bobby Kirk is also ill. I have never met him but he is my mums cousin and I have always been very proud of the fact that I have an Uncle who played for Hearts. Does anyone know where or how he is?

the jambo poet
Read on one of the John Cummings threads that Bobby Kirk is also ill. I have never met him but he is my mums cousin and I have always been very proud of the fact that I have an Uncle who played for Hearts. Does anyone know where or how he is?

Don't you know where your uncle is ??

how are we meant to know???

Jeez

Jeez

Nothing wrong with him asking though is there. jeez

Jeez

thanks a load for the sarcasm. I live miles away and, like many families, my mums side have never stayed in touch, as far a I know they are all dead. Maybe that makes me a bad nephew but not my fault. I have still, as I mentioned always been proud of my tenious connection to Hearts. Thanks for your sarcasm though. Anyone else out there with some more positive help?

NOt sure exactly where they are, but I believe he and Tina, his wife are in a home somewhere in Edinburgh.

There was an article not long ago in the paper where they interviewed Bobby about the Cup Final and he answered every question like it was yesterday, but sadly his short term memory is not so good.

Wish I could help more.

How is your mum`s cousin your Uncle?

Most folk have "uncle's" that are not really their uncles.

Don't be so quick to judge.

Think he is in private nursing alongside his wife.

Had the pleasure of spending a few hours with him about 4 or 5 years ago. I could have spent 4 or 5 days talking to him about his time at Hearts, stopped calling him Bobby after about 1/2 hour and just referred to him as "hero for the day"

Unfortunately for Bobby (and the many others like my Papa) he is suffering the later stages of Alzheimers. When he was down with us in Liverpool for the 2006 Manchester Hearts POTY he was looking really frail and it looked like it was starting to take it's toll on his wife.

He was still up for a laugh on the bus on the way there and back mind you! Had some great stories to tell.

How is your mum`s cousin your Uncle?

Sorry, mums uncle, therefore Great Uncle I think

Thanks folks for all the info. I hope to be home sometime over Christmas, I hope to make the effort to see him Something I have always said I would. Once again, thanks for your help.

Archived