Manchester Utd ticketing policy for Old Trafford

Praha06

Does anyone on here have much experience with buying tickets for United home matches? I am just wondering about their allocation system and what the best way to buy tickets is.

Virtually the only way to get tickets for league matches is by joining 'One United' (think its about ?28) and then going into the ballot. You can get tickets outside easy enough but you will pay over the odds. I can sometimes get hold of tickets from relatives with ST's so if there is a specific game send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Virtually the only way to get tickets for league matches is by joining 'One United' (think its about ?28) and then going into the ballot. You can get tickets outside easy enough but you will pay over the odds. I can sometimes get hold of tickets from relatives with ST's so if there is a specific game send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Yeh I tried to join "One United" but I cant make sense of the site, it never asked me for any money, I got an email saying I am in "One United" but I am not convinced.

Italian Lambretta

You would be better trying to get tickets for an away team going to Man u that won't take up their allocation.

I'm sure the wigan fans didn't sell many tickets for their match at Chelsea. Looked like a lot of spare seats in the wigan corner.

Also, its been noticeable that sunderland's home gates have dropped off quite a bit. Worth going down their to see Man U or Chelsea etc.

Does anyone on here have much experience with buying tickets for United home matches? I am just wondering about their allocation system and what the best way to buy tickets is.

Yeh I tried to join "One United" but I cant make sense of the site, it never asked me for any money, I got an email saying I am in "One United" but I am not convinced.

I see exactly what you mean and think you will have registered for the FREE Man Utd E-member rather than One United. The One United site is down at the moment and this message is coming up http://sorry.manutd.com/errorRedirector.html

I went to the Man U v Bolton game a couple of months ago. It was quite short notice so was sold out other than the ticket exchange thing which it says you have to register for 'One United' (as you did) to use it, but then found out you have to pay 28 quid to actually use the ticket exchange which I didn't think was worth it.

I was going to Manchester for the weekend anyway so in the end I decided to just pitch up on the day and see if I could get tickets either from a punter selling them or from a tout. The touts all hang about outside the ticket office, they're easy to spot. Anyway, what I did was waited until about 15 minutes before kick off when I knew they would be more likely to sell for a decent price, put all the money I was willing to spend on a ticket in one pocket and the rest of my cash in the other and when one of them approached me I pulled my 'ticket money' out of the one pocket and said "this is all I've got" Ended up getting a 35 quid ticket for 45 in the East stand, 2nd tier.

The boy actually gave me his number as well as he said he's always got tickets for games and concerts so PM me if you'd rather try and get the tickets sorted before the day.

I went to the Man U v Bolton game a couple of months ago. It was quite short notice so was sold out other than the ticket exchange thing which it says you have to register for 'One United' (as you did) to use it, but then found out you have to pay 28 quid to actually use the ticket exchange which I didn't think was worth it.

I was going to Manchester for the weekend anyway so in the end I decided to just pitch up on the day and see if I could get tickets either from a punter selling them or from a tout. The touts all hang about outside the ticket office, they're easy to spot. Anyway, what I did was waited until about 15 minutes before kick off when I knew they would be more likely to sell for a decent price, put all the money I was willing to spend on a ticket in one pocket and the rest of my cash in the other and when one of them approached me I pulled my 'ticket money' out of the one pocket and said "this is all I've got" Ended up getting a 35 quid ticket for 45 in the East stand, 2nd tier.

The boy actually gave me his number as well as he said he's always got tickets for games and concerts so PM me if you'd rather try and get the tickets sorted before the day.

Good skills, that's exactly the way to play it. There are dozens of touts at OT and they are always very keen to give you moby numbers for other games.

I see exactly what you mean and think you will have registered for the FREE Man Utd E-member rather than One United. The One United site is down at the moment and this message is coming up http://sorry.manutd.com/errorRedirector.html

Yes you have to get into the one Unted site and buy a memebership at ?28.

That only lasts till the end of this season.

I work down there a lot and had borrowed a mate's flat for the weekend ,I had promised my son and his girlfried that I would get tickets.

I hadn't realised how hard it would be. I had to create two memberships ( one ticket per member. ) tie these two together for tickets.

Pay the ticket price, cheapest is ?30 but away up the top Bought two at ?40 each and had a premium of ?17.50 each for One United.

When they came down with my wife I gave my son and his girlfried the tickets so didn't even see the game.

Hull 4-3.

Unless you are going to go a few times a season better go for the touts.

Perth to Paisley

Really interesting article about Man U ticketing in When Saturday comes this month. They claim almost all their games are not sold out and there is always a public sale.

http://www.wsc.co.uk - may be able to find it here

Archived