Killen & Tyson linked to JT's (merged)

Marsh

Nathan Tyson??

Link posted before my reply. Nathan Tyson would be a great signing, pace to burn. Decent enough scoring record in lower leagues in England as well I think?

Guest JamboRobbo

So Csaba is keen on the same player Vlad was. What a coincedence eh.

Has Killen even played a game since Csaba came to Scotland? :xmasgrin:

I'd take him at HMFC mind you. :xmasgrin:

how do you know he would cost a 7 figure sum?he is out of contract and free to leave for nothinh in summer so any reasonable offer would be considered by forrest...

2 goals in 20 games this season but 6 bookings

Sounds exactly the type of player we would want, seems to be a bit injury prone too.

I'm sure there are many players on Csabas list.....

Fact is we need to sell first, I'm not convinced there will be many buyers for the players we need to shift.

And with Killen commanding 5k a week, and Celtic unlikely to allow him to move to us on loan, The only way I can see it happening is if it's part of a deal, ie Berra moving to the dark side. Even then, I think Romanov will be demanding Ca$h.

A non starter imo.

I have no thoughts on the other guy.

:)

Killen has had a nightmare with injuries and given our record with injuries i would not hold out much hope of him playing a lot of games for us.

loveofthegame
how do you know he would cost a 7 figure sum?he is out of contract and free to leave for nothinh in summer so any reasonable offer would be considered by forrest...

I hadn't noticed he was out of contract in the summer. Otherwise i knw he would have commanded a 7 figure sum, anyone knows that. I just doubt we'll try and sign him or that he'd come up here.

Guest GhostHunter

Sod that.

I say bring back Ronaldo from Brazil for one more Euro "adventure" - he'll be killed if he goes to Corinthians.

If we're going to sign a lazy, fat, foreign barsteward - please let it be Ronaldo

:D

alwaysthereinspirit
:xmaswoot::xmaswoot::xmaswoot:

Silly season is here!

When I see a player posing on the back of the Evening News holding up a Hearts scarf I'll believe it. Until then......

So Csaba is keen on the same player Vlad was. What a coincedence eh.

Has Killen even played a game since Csaba came to Scotland? :xmasgrin:

I'd take him at HMFC mind you. :xmasgrin:

I was going to say the same about Killen. Laszlo, the man that has managed in Hungary and Uganda is interested in a player that has played in the lower leagues of England and for a club in Scotland over a year before he arrived here and has barely (if at all) played since.

If this report is true, then I have no doubt that Laszlo was TOLD he wanted to sign Killen by those that help him pick the team.

My personal opinion on Killen is that he is rubbish and if he is fit (:rofl:) he will spend half his time travelling half way around the world for International football.

boabyarsebiscuit

Obviously it's just paper talk, but it's good to see us being linked with signing targets, and in areas we could improve in.

FWIW, I think a fit Chris Killen would score goals.

killen would be a bad signing cause he'd be injured all the time. I had totally forgot he was at smeltic and I can't even remember a single game he's played for them.

Also didn't think he was that good at the hobos.

The last time I saw Killen he was playing for Celtic Reserves against our reserves and was marked out of the game by the then 17 year old Matej Rapnik! Killen was reduced to fouling him and eventually got booked. Not the answer in my opinion and, as others have already said, he is always injured.

In todays evening news, the links available.

I have just not bothered to attach it.

:xmashappy:

Killen is a permanently injured wage thief and he's pish!:xmaswoot:

Gone Fishin

What's up next for the EEN - tabloid style headlines and we told you first congratulatory pieces??

Mind you they've been doing it for years with Hibs stories so it's not that much of a stretch really. Just read the Mixu / Petrie story today as a prime example of positive PR spin.

Guest JamboRobbo
I was going to say the same about Killen. Laszlo, the man that has managed in Hungary and Uganda is interested in a player that has played in the lower leagues of England and for a club in Scotland over a year before he arrived here and has barely (if at all) played since.

If this report is true, then I have no doubt that Laszlo was TOLD he wanted to sign Killen by those that help him pick the team.

Shhhhhh. People don't want to hear inconvenient truths like that mate. :xmasgrin:

killen would be a bad signing cause he'd be injured all the time. I had totally forgot he was at smeltic and I can't even remember a single game he's played for them.

Also didn't think he was that good at the hobos.

I agree but if he had started playing for us at the start of the season he would have scored more goals than Nade and Mole.

boabyarsebiscuit

Killen would need to prove his fitness before we even considered signing him. We don't need Tullberg Mark II.

HillmanHearts

Chris Killen is a good player when fit. The problem is that he is extremely injury-prone. So for the wages we would need to pay, it's not worth the gamble.

I also don't think he would come - he knows he may not always get his wages on time ! ( That's not just a throw-away negative jibe - It's just pretty obvious to me that when it comes to the transfer market - our ability to attract new players has been hugely effected by our recent "cash-flow" issues.

Killen would need to prove his fitness before we even considered signing him. We don't need Tullberg Mark II.

It's Mike.

Killen sounds like a bad signing for us, a player who has a proven track record but hasnt been able to stay fit, if we could get him cheap enough Id be all for it but we would need to sign another just incase he does happen to break down.

Also havin watched Tyson a few weeks back against Norwich he looked like a guy who would do very well up here. But the way Forest were playing was like Leveins Hearts teams with De Vries, where pretty much everything going forward was going straight to Tyson to fashion an opportunity. I think Forest would be eager to sign him up long term or he would have better suitors down south.

I thought we probably were not going to make any signings in January due to the belt being tightened?

Maybe I just made that up?

:xmaseye:

boabyarsebiscuit
I thought we probably were not going to make any signings in January due to the belt being tightened?

Maybe I just made that up?

:xmaseye:

Who knows?

I'm with the "wait and see Brigade" on this one.

I thought Csaba let slip something recently when he was asked about a potential January exodus from Tynecastle. For some reason, he mentioned that all teams would be looking to move players on as well-fair enough- but he then used Celtic as his example. It sounded then as if he had discussed transfer matters with someone at Celtic, so perhaps there is some truth in the Killen rumour.

Guest Dipped Flake
Shhhhhh. People don't want to hear inconvenient truths like that mate. :xmasgrin:

What truth??? Someone hears we are after a player and suddenly it is proof that Vlad picks the team??? just because it fits the vlad-haters agenda doesn't make it fact/truth.

p.s. Unless he has vastly improved while injured don't want Killen

What truth??? Someone hears we are after a player and suddenly it is proof that Vlad picks the team??? just because it fits the vlad-haters agenda doesn't make it fact/truth.

p.s. Unless he has vastly improved while injured don't want Killen

A couple of inaccuracies here.

Firstly, who said on this thread that "Vlad picks the team"?

I would like you to clarify how my post makes me a "vlad-hater" whilst you are at it.

Obviously it's just paper talk, but it's good to see us being linked with signing targets, and in areas we could improve in.

FWIW, I think a fit Chris Killen would score goals.

spot on has scored goals for the hobos in the prem league can hit the ground running.

Just what we need right now a goalscorer:xmaseye:

Guest Dipped Flake
A couple of inaccuracies here.

Firstly, who said on this thread that "Vlad picks the team"?

I would like you to clarify how my post makes me a "vlad-hater" whilst you are at it.

You stated that Csaba was told to go for Killen (I presume you mean by Vlad or one of his cohorts) and then this was said to be the truth, so you said that Vlad was at least picking the players to go into the squad, if not the team. I said that saying this suited the vlad-haters agenda, I didn't say that you were one of them.

Also, just to point out that there is no quote from anyone at Hearts that we are in anyway interested in him.

You stated that Csaba was told to go for Killen (I presume you mean by Vlad or one of his cohorts) and then this was said to be the truth, so you said that Vlad was at least picking the players to go into the squad, if not the team. I said that saying this suited the vlad-haters agenda, I didn't say that you were one of them.

Also, just to point out that there is no quote from anyone at Hearts that we are in anyway interested in him.

You think Vlad does not pick players in our squad ?

I would a take a fit Killen in a second. He can score goals in the SPL I have no doubt about that.

Guest Dipped Flake
You think Vlad does not pick players in our squad ?

I would a take a fit Killen in a second. He can score goals in the SPL I have no doubt about that.

Not anymore I don't no.

Trouble is there isn't a fir Killen to take, he is injured. That's why I think, and hope, that this story is just the usual een rubbish.

You stated that Csaba was told to go for Killen (I presume you mean by Vlad or one of his cohorts)

Right, so I was having a go at Vlad because you PRESUMED you knew what I meant? FWIW, I will clarify, Laszlo has regularly stated that they pick the team together. I would suggest that he, Cervenkov and Korobochka make that decision, and I would suggest that Cervenkov picked Killen.

then this was said to be the truth' date=' so you said that Vlad was at least picking the players to go into the squad, if not the team. I said that saying this suited the vlad-haters agenda, I didn't say that you were one of them.

Also, just to point out that there is no quote from anyone at Hearts that we are in anyway interested in him.[/quote']

Again, I never said anything about Vlad, however continue to make up whatever you like. You will also notice that in my earlier post I actually included the statement "If this report is true" to be perfectly clear that I knew that it may not be true.

Just out of interest, whenever I read a link to hibs.net on here, a poster with the same username as yourself has posted on it. Is that you? If so, why do you post over there? :xmassick:

Archived